Fifty Shades of Grey

Tools    

I have no opinion about the movie. I haven't seen it.

So for it's 3 counting in this thread going off of inane tangents about how "watching this movie will lead to sadomasochistic abuse, accidental S&M deaths, etc etc" .while at the same time admitting they haven't watched it.

Just for perspective, the "Slave Leia" scene in "Return of the Jedi" is more disturbing than the bedroom scenes in this movie - but there's no point in me replying to a troll who claiming to know so much about a movie they refuse to watch either. I must be a masochist to keep this up.

So for it's 3 counting in this thread going off of inane tangents about "watching this movie will lead to sadomasochistic abuse" .while at the same time admitting they haven't watch it.
EXCUSE ME but I have said no such thing.

I really want to be a part of this conversation but I don't know what to say. So, I'll just say, hi everyone!

EXCUSE ME but I have said no such thing.
So you're just trolling here just to derail the discussion, not because you care about the movie either way? Oh now I get it - that's even better

Sometimes - sometimes - I wish Yoda was a lot harsher and banned people a lot quicker.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Me and the other millions of people who've helped make this film the #1 movie in America already?

...versus some random guy on the internet with a hypocritical PC disdain for this film?

Uh yeah - I think the jury's spoken on this one hon. You're far, far in the minority here - right up there with the Al Sharpton crew who thinks the Oscars is a racist institution.

If you want perspective, go chat up some people at a local bar, or a party, or any real-life social situation other than this website - and tell he how many weird looks you get for expressing these views, while at the same time having the arrogance to assume 'defenders' of the film are a "minority"? You'd be laughed out of town.
I'll take you up on that. There are tons of people "around town" that think exactly the way I do from all walks of life. My boyfriend is completely against it and I don't know what group of people come to your mind when you talk of the "PC crowd" but I'd it's not him.

I know a lot of people from a lot of different walks of life sweetpea. The best thing said about it is that it was written horribly.

You still act as if we are of one mind on this forum when we are such different people. You're the common denominator. Sorry, blunt but true.

Sometimes - sometimes - I wish Yoda was a lot harsher and banned people a lot quicker.
Be careful what you wish for - you just might get it

Either way I should probably save this post just for the humor value - guy shows up in a thread just to troll someone (and admits he has no interest in discussing the movie), then cries for the poster who was on-topic to be banned forcalling them out on it? That's comedic gold. I couldn't be that much of a p-y if I tried, seriously.

:Wah! Hey Yoda - please ban the guy who's thread I was trolling in! Pwetty pwease! Wahhhh!"

So for it's 3 counting in this thread going off of inane tangents about how "watching this movie will lead to sadomasochistic abuse, accidental S&M deaths, etc etc" .while at the same time admitting they haven't watched it.

Just for perspective, the "Slave Leia" scene in "Return of the Jedi" is more disturbing than the bedroom scenes in this movie - but there's no point in me replying to a troll who claiming to know so much about a movie they refuse to watch either. I must be a masochist to keep this up.
Hey! Stop picking up the stones I threw at you and throwing them at someone else.
You knew nothing about the book or movie when you started barfing all over this thread.

Be careful what you wish for - you just might get it

That saying is not applicable here. That saying means that be wary if wishing for something you may not actually want if you had it.

That saying is not applicable here. That saying means that be wary if wishing for something you may not actually want if you had it.
Notice how he said "people" a lot quicker?

On a more PC board quite a few of his comments could easily be ban worthy (ex. a joke he made about 'rape victims', etc).

I'll take you up on that. There are tons of people "around town" that think exactly the way I do from all walks of life. My boyfriend is completely against it and I don't know what group of people come to your mind when you talk of the "PC crowd" but I'd it's not him.

I know a lot of people from a lot of different walks of life sweetpea. The best thing said about it is that it was written horribly.

You still act as if we are of one mind on this forum when we are such different people. You're the common denominator. Sorry, blunt but true.
The people who feel so strongly about the film that they refuse to watch it (yet sill seem to "know" so much about it) are definitely a minority I'd say, going by the box office. The movie's outgrossed films like Lego Movie, American Sniper, etc in just 1 week.

I didn't even think the film was very good critically - but the individuals outright refusing to watch it out of 'principle' (while at the same time generating free publicity for it with their soapboxes online) are a minority as far as cinemagoers go. A large one.

You posted six times in this thread before seeing the movie.

You posted six times in this thread before seeing the movie.
My initial posts were about films with violent content as a whole - since plenty of studies show that violence in films, video games, the media, etc has no credible link to violence in real life. By default I took the the position that the movie would not cause an increase in violence, since that's the default position of the studies

And unlike several others, I did see the movie - rather than continuing to argue against it while at the same time refusing to watch it.

1. This is not a PC board. People here have varying politics and ideals.

2. An off-color joke or two is not disrupting. If it's too off color or upsetting,
we are free to speak up. If no one speaks up no one was offended.

3. What is disprupting is someone who continuously goes in whatever thread he thinks he can make the most fuss in and disruptes everything so it's just all about him and how horribly he argues. I can't for the life of me understand why one would want that.

All I want for Christmas is neg rep.
If I were in your position I'd wish for a social life outside this forum first - if "rep" on a fairly small forum is that significant to you that's the type of mental image it conveys about your real life relevance. The last thing I thought about when earning my belts in Tae Kwon Do was my "reps on a site called movieforums.com", but that's just me. Some people have different 'priorities' apparently.

That and a juvenile tendency of attacking the messenger rather than the argument also indicates what I was referencing.

My initial posts were about films with violent content as a whole - since plenty of studies show that violence in films, video games, the media, etc has no credible link to violence in real life. By default I took the the position that the movie would not cause an increase in violence, since that's the default position of the studies

And unlike several others, I did see the movie - rather than continuing to argue against it while at the same time refusing to watch it.
Oh no, son, no. We can still read all those posts so if that's your position you better go delete them reall quick like.

But ya can't delete mine.

We need something worse than neg rep.
Your selfies? :P