New DVDs

Tools    

Didn't see it.
I just bought three new DVDs last night:
  • Toy Story 2
  • Shanghai Noon
  • The Patriot
Have you gotten any new ones lately?

These are three of my favorite movies in each genre. Not the favorites, but I like them anyway. My wife and I really like Jackie Chan movies.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I just bought Pitch Black the Directors Cut, and Mortal Kombat. Both are pretty damn good.

I got Shanghai Noon, Arsenic & Old Lace and Blue Streak last week.

Just bought American Beauty, Jurassic Park, Lost World, Pitch Black, U-571, Patriot, the Scream Trilogy with bonus 4th disc and the Toy Story 1 and 2 box set with bonus 3rd disc today. Frequency and Return to Me come out on Tuesday...looking forward to those.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

Hey Laurie L, do you know any of those eggs for Pitch Black? It say's it is the directors cut, but I didn't see anything to graphic in it?

When I saw it in the Theater I thought it was only ok. But when I bought it on Friday, I've watched it like 3 times since then, and I can't get over what a cool movie it is.

Didn't see it.
I'm looking forward to Frequency and Return to Me also.

Doesn't look like Pitch Black has any Easter Eggs on it. Kind of odd since it's a Universal release. Universal/MCA loves to put the films score in the language section has an egg. Considering the disc has DTS encoded on it, there probably wasn't enough space for the score or any other eggs. Shanghai Noon should have eggs on it though.

Nope, sorry. No eggs on Sleepy Hollow. By the way, Frequency and Return to Me are terrific. If you get a chance, I highly recommend watching IMAX DVDs. I finally bought the Dolphin IMAX DVD to complete my collection. The quality is just as good as IMAX theater, with the exception of the 80 foot by 110 foot screen.

Just saw Frequency - highly 'confoosin, and some of it was a bit odd (I'm not sure if it all really fits together), but it was still fun to watch, and definitely had some cool moments.

Any features on the Frequency DVD? How about "Saving Private Ryan"?

None on Saving Private Ryan. Still checking for Frequency, but nothing so far.

Well, they aren't "new", but I did buy three more DVDs at the Wal-Mart last night. I picked up Galaxy Quest, Midnight Run and Weird Science. The Midnight Run and Weird Science were only $9.98 each at the Wal-Mart. (They also had Sixteen Candles and The Meaning of Life and some others in the $9.98 bin), so I couldn't pass those up. They don't have any extras or anything, but they're both funny movies.

Hey,
Is there a place on this board where people post coupons and codes for the different Dvd stores online?

Well, I went back to the Wal-Mart and picked up John Carpenter's They Live! on DVD yesterday. I couldn't resist.

By the way, the movie itself isn't any better on DVD.

Isn't that one of those old 1950's movies where some city is eaten by giant ants, or something of the sort? I'd heard of that in a book I was skimming through a couple weeks ago. Any good? Or am I thinking of something else?

THe Giant Ant movie is called Them!, I believe.

They Live is from the '80s. It stars Rowdy Roddy Piper (a former pro wrestler) as a homeless guy who gets hold of some special sunglasses that allow him to see that there are aliens living among us and controling the world. It's a silly movie, but among some, it's considered a cult classic (I assume that's a small "some", though).