First Post...What Do You Think of My Movie Tastes?

Tools    

Olympic Medalist, Art House Habitue
Hi All...first post to movie forums. My taste in film definitely runs to art house and foreign. I live and train in the mountains, more than 90 minutes from the nearest cinema, so most of my viewing is via DVD. Would welcome your input on the most recent movies: If I have a good workout, I reward myself with two movies a night.

Una, The Killing of a Sacred Deer, Downfall, We Are What We Are, Kill List, Elementarteilchen (The Elementary Particles), Arthur Newman, I Smile Back, Strangerland, The Aura, Violet & Daisy, We Are The Night, Chef, Safety Not Guaranteed, Starred Up, As I Lay Dying, Bronson, Side Effects, The Witch, 1900, A Hijacking, The Broken Circle Breakdown, Martyrs, How I Live Now, Jerichow, 400 Days. Phoenix, Breaker Morant, Barbara and The King.

I could keep going, but I think this is representative of my tastes. I would enjoy your feedback and any recommendations.

Watch some Scorsese movies.

Hi All...first post to movie forums. My taste in film definitely runs to art house and foreign. I live and train in the mountains, more than 90 minutes from the nearest cinema, so most of my viewing is via DVD. Would welcome your input on the most recent movies: If I have a good workout, I reward myself with two movies a night.

Una, The Killing of a Sacred Deer, Downfall, We Are What We Are, Kill List, Elementarteilchen (The Elementary Particles), Arthur Newman, I Smile Back, Strangerland, The Aura, Violet & Daisy, We Are The Night, Chef, Safety Not Guaranteed, Starred Up, As I Lay Dying, Bronson, Side Effects, The Witch, 1900, A Hijacking, The Broken Circle Breakdown, Martyrs, How I Live Now, Jerichow, 400 Days. Phoenix, Breaker Morant, Barbara and The King.

I could keep going, but I think this is representative of my tastes. I would enjoy your feedback and any recommendations.
Welcome to the forum 2X

Am I the only one that reads "what do you think of my movie tastes?" and am reminded of a shark smelling blood in the water?

Actually Oly your taste is deeper than mine as the only flick Ive seen on the list is Breaker Morant.

I think we'd somehow fit in. Welcome.

Hi All...first post to movie forums.

I would enjoy your feedback and any recommendations.
First, Welcome!

...and second take a look at the MoFo Movie Hall of Fames thread and scroll down to the 2nd and 3rd post. Those are the past movie nominations and winners for the various Hall of Fames. Lots of fine recommendations right there, and some of your favorites are included.

Stick around MoFo, we need new blood

I mostly watch older stuff but I likeva llt of artsy sruff as well. That said i think ive only seen Martyrs which I hated personally (and not because its too extreme) but ive had interest in seeing Downfall and Killing of a sacred deer.