We Are Aussies.

Tools    

I'm Anthony, a Frenchman in France.
Today, I've read (in France) that a serious drought is going on in Australia, the worst in 100 years. I've read farmers there are allowed to kill kangaroos, which eat the plants the cattle won't.

Also feral cats proliferate and kill indigenous species. Are those cats going to be exterminated? What rules regarding regular cats in Oz?

Today, I've read (in France) that a serious drought is going on in Australia, the worst in 100 years. I've read farmers there are allowed to kill kangaroos, which eat the plants the cattle won't.

Also feral cats proliferate and kill indigenous species. Are those cats going to be exterminated? What rules regarding regular cats in Oz?
Anton.Grateful to see you on the Oz thread.. Yes my entire state is in need of serious rain. We are even getting winter bushfires. Pretty much unheard of in the past. Yet these climate change sceptics still proliferate.Roos are culled so their populations do not become too large. I do not agree with that. I do however agree in culling feral pests. Ask me anything else about my country Anton .

Man is responsible for climate change & the warming of the planet yet Australia is going to kill feral cats whose only crime is that nobody took the trouble to get them spayed & neutered. Terrific.

Man is responsible for climate change & the warming of the planet yet Australia is going to kill feral cats whose only crime is that nobody took the trouble to get them spayed & neutered. Terrific.
Feral cats are a major pest to farmers poultry and other small animals..not to mention our native wildlife. Even domestic cats eat our wildlife. I am specially upset when I see one gnawring on the carcass of one of our beautiful and innocent native birds.

I may just add some personal stuff as it identifies where I came from. The first is where I was educated from age 6-16. The William Thompson Masonic School in Sydney.

Used to live at Epping and Pennant hills we are practically neighbours

@spookiemoviemania and @the_other_Aussies_here:

Imagine I have about 3 weeks to spend in Oz. I live in France, I'd take a plane in Paris.

What's the best way to enjoy my time in Oz and its surroundings (according to you)?

Thank you ~

This week Beach, Boris & Me
I am flattered Nebbit.. a foto of you. What a sunset! What have been your best travel spots.. here in Oz or overseas?

I spent 10 of the lonliest years of my life out that way.. Baulkham Hills. I certainly never wanted to return. I never even supported the Parramatta Eels.. the Dragons instead.

Imagine I have about 3 weeks to spend in Oz. I live in France, I'd take a plane in Paris.

What's the best way to enjoy my time in Oz and its surroundings (according to you)?

Thank you ~
@anton.That is so hard to say. @nebbit would say spend it in her little part of south coast paradise. If I had to commit myself. I would say spend the entire 3 weeks on the Witsundays off the Qld coast. Is magic up there.

Even domestic cats eat our wildlife. I am specially upset when I see one gnawring on the carcass of one of our beautiful and innocent native birds.
You mean one of those cockatoos you were complaining about recently?

Thank you ~
Here
Ullaru

Here
Sydney

Here
Wollongong

I am flattered Nebbit.. a foto of you. What a sunset! What have been your best travel spots.. here in Oz or overseas?
This is one of your favourite questions Umm let me think Africa

I spent 10 of the lonliest years of my life out that way.. Baulkham Hills. I certainly never wanted to return. I never even supported the Parramatta Eels.. the Dragons instead.
Sorry to hear that up the Dragons

This is one of your favourite questions Umm let me think Africa

Sorry to hear that up the Dragons
Africa. Really @nebbit: . Never been there. No desire to..to be brutally honest. What about your best place in our beautiful land? I love sailing on our magnificent harbor, the south coast, and the Witsundays.

Another Dragons supporter Nebbit. You are my instant friend. I have been following them since I was knee hi to a grasshopper. when I went to Norm Provan's electrical store and cajoled him into signing my new Dragons scrap book. Without a word of a lie. That same day I met the great "chook" Raper, Billy Smith and Monty Porter. How cool is that.

Being French you may like to visit this place Anton. The Barossa Valley wine producing region in South Oz.

Thank you @spookiemoviemania and @nebbit

I've recently heard of this:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...andmark-uluru/

When I go to Oz, I'll also pay a visit to Sydney Town Hall Grand Organ and manage to listen live to its rare 64-foot rank of pipes (Contra Trombone 64').

Thank you @spookiemoviemania and @nebbit

I've recently heard of this:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...andmark-uluru/

When I go to Oz, I'll also pay a visit to Sydney Town Hall Grand Organ and manage to listen live to its rare 64-foot rank of pipes (Contra Trombone 64').
You are welcome Anton. Anything else you wanna know?

@anton.

I have a question for all Aussies here;

What does Elizabeth II mean to you in Oz?
Are there opportunities for which she means more to you?

Thank you!