Best Satan/Devil Movie Ever

Tools    

Im not a satanist or anything i just find movies about him interesting haha idk it entertains me. My pick would have to go to The Ninth Gate or The Excorcist but is there any better ones?

southpark. hahahah, just kidding. devil's advocate has to be up there for me. but on the other hand i enjoyed dave grohl's satan in the pic of destiny, and that is one of my top 20 favorite movies(if i made a list). and it probably doesn't count, but when will ferrel played satan on snl...with garth brooks....hilarious.

Angel Heart
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The Devil and Daniel Webster / All That Money Can Buy is my personal favored film featuring the devil as a prominent character. One of my favorite characters came out of Walter Huston's portrayal of the devil. It was later remade with Anthony Hopkins, Alec Baldwin, and Jennifer Love Hewitt as the devil. I haven't seen the remake, but I haven't heard any good things about it.

And even with my love for The Devil and Daniel Webster and my praise for Huston's performance, I think the best performance anyone has given as the devil is Robert De Niro with a mere special appearance in Angel Heart, which (even excluding De Niro) is also a damn fine horror/Satan flick. De Niro's character was named Louis Cypher, clever eh?

Polanski made his mark in the "Satan" category (if you can call that a category) with Rosemary's Baby and later with The Ninth Gate, both pretty fine films well worth the watch. Many consider Rosemary's Baby to be one of the greatest horror films ever made, and while I don't appreciate the flick that much, I can certainly understand the praise for it. It should be essential viewing for those who find interest in films about Satan (not that I'm a Satanist).

EDIT:

You should also check out Faust (the silent version, I've been told to steer clear of the one released in 2000) and The Omen.

The movie itself wasn't exactly top-notch, but the character of Satan was very well-presented and particularly chilling in End of Days, I thought. Also, I thought his "true form" at the end of the film was pretty cool:

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

Welcome to the human race...
Looks like I missed the chance to name Angel Heart...now I'm stuck for one that comes anywhere close.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I have to go with re93animator above, and here's what I said about IT. The Exorcist doesn't count as a Devil movie because although Pazuzu claims he's "the Devil", he's lying. He's of the Devil, sure, because he's learned how to lie from the best, but it's not really a "Devil movie".

Im not a satanist or anything i just find movies about him interesting haha idk it entertains me. My pick would have to go to The Ninth Gate or The Excorcist but is there any better ones?
Satanists don't believe in Satan. Just FYI.

Anyway, Pike beat me to the punch as usual with Angel Heart.

Others I like are:
Rosemary's Baby
Devil's Rain
Mephisto Waltz (Alan Alda!)
Exorcist I and III
The Omen (NOT the crappy remake, the crappy original)
The Amityville Horror 1979
Children of the Corn for He who walks in the rows
The Abominable Dr. Phibes

Häxan!

Deadly Blessing

Some are directly related to the devil, others are subtly related, all are very good if you like that sort of thing.

Oh and Bedazzled can kiss my butt.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I have the same problem with Angel Heart as I have with The Usual Suspects: I knew who was who at his first appearance. I think they're both good movies though, but I can't think of either as the best of anything, except obviousness.

The Abominable Dr. Phibes
I don't remember The Abominable Dr. Phibes having Satan in it, but I shall recommend it anyway!

Also, Rosemary's Baby! See it now!

I've always been partial to The Golden Child. I know good ole' Numsie isn't The Devil, but he works for him, so I say that's close enough.

In the passion of the Christ, Satan makes a pretty haunting appearance.
Maybe not the best but Constantine was enjoyable, and Peter Stormare as Satan was pretty good.
I just finished watching the 9th gate a few hours ago and i found it anticlimactic.

Haha, Little Nicky? Was a pretty funny Devil in that to be fair. Also although i know he wasn the devil or satan as such, Jason Lee in Dogma was pretty cool.

I have the same problem with Angel Heart as I have with The Usual Suspects: I knew who was who at his first appearance.
Re: Angel Heart.....no kidding! It was pretty much telegraphed, and I'm not usually quick to anticipate these things. If even I saw it coming, it must have been plain to see.

Hey you could always slum it with Eric Weston's Evilspeak (1981); a surprisingly enjoyable trash-horror romp in which Clint Howard (no doubt pissed at having lost the Gentle Ben gig) summons up Satan on his college computer (to get revenge on a group of bullies). Amazing what you could do with a computer back in the 80's. I've tried many-a-time to create my very own Kelly LeBrock with absolutely no joy whatsoever...

Tell Dennis Weaver I want him back on set with that bear right now!!!

Haven't seen it in a while, but I liked Viggo Mortensen's Satan in The Prophecy... and I'll always love Tim Curry in Legend...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Welcome to the human race...
I have the same problem with Angel Heart as I have with The Usual Suspects: I knew who was who at his first appearance. I think they're both good movies though, but I can't think of either as the best of anything, except obviousness.
I saw Angel Heart already knowing that Louis Cyphre was the Devil, and I still enjoyed it quite a bit (because there was still the question as to how the story would pan out and how the Devil would fit into it).