Quote of the Day

Tools    

I am half agony, half hope.
We tell lies when we are afraid... afraid of what we don't know, afraid of what others will think, afraid of what will be found out about us. But every time we tell a lie, the thing that we fear grows stronger.

~Tad Williams

Johann von Goethe

The difference between a helping hand and an outstretched palm is a twist of the wrist. ~ Laurence Leamer

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Meeting someone is something that happens.Attracted is something you are.A relationship is something you have.Love is all you need.Me (with a little help from my friends )

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
"Example is not the main thing in influencing others, it's the only thing."

- Albert Schweitzer

We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin.

~André Berthiaume, Contretemps

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
"A man does what he must - in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures - and that is the basis of all human morality."

- John F. Kennedy

"I do believe it is possible to create, even without ever writing a word or painting a picture, by simply molding one's inner life. And that too is a deed." - Etty Hillesum

Being positive opens up great possibilities.

"You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image, when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do."

Anne Lamott

Ironically, I've always assumed he loves everyone I hate. Which would explain some of my newer issues.

The idea of full dress for preparation for a battle comes not from a belief that it will add to the fighting ability. The preparation is for death, in case that should be the result of conflict. Every Indian wants to look his best when he goes to meet the great Spirit, so the dressing up is done whether in imminent danger is an oncoming battle or a sickness or injury at times of peace. ~ Wooden Leg (Cheyenne)

The People's Republic of Clogher
A cynic is what an idealist calls a realist - Sir Humphrey Appleby, (Yes Minister Season 3 Episode 3) my DVD player, just now.

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.

~Buddha