Funniest movie ever

Tools    

no 3 stoogies film was ever made??? may i ask?

i would say anything that has leslie nielsen in it . . .
Please don't think I'm picking on you POLgas but it seems to me your statement underlines one of the major problems of discussing films in this forum--the generation-gap between younger participants who don't know (or maybe just don't care) about earlier movies and actors, and old fogies like myself who don't go to many of the modern movies and therefore have little knowledge about the new stars.

Your comment, of course, is addressed to the many comedies Nielsen has made in the last 28 years, but although a great practical joker, he never played a comic role before Airplane! in 1980. Nielsen’s first film appearance was in the 1956 dramatic thriller Ransom!, starring Glenn Ford, that was remade in 1996 by Ron Howard and Mel Gibson. That was followed by Nielsen playing the oh-so-serious commander of a space crew in the Sci-Fi classic Forbidden Planet that same year. In 1957, he was Debbie Reynolds’s love interest in the syrupy sweet but very popular Tammy and the Bachelor. In 1958, he was about the only major actor without a funny line as the villain beat to the draw and shot by Ford in The Sheepman. In 1972, he had the short and unfunny role as the ship's captain in the Poseidon Adventure. And then there were his TV roles as a Revolutionary War leader in The Swamp Fox and as policemen in several cop shows. Certainly there's a lot to admire about Nielsen's capacity for both comedy and drama. But during much of his career the characters he played seldom raised a smile, much less a chuckle, from movie audiences.

I'm one of those people who love to laugh [and laugh at most things, even the things that aren't that funny] so, I don't have one favourite. I made a list and then tried to cut it down and it didn't go so well...
So here's my list :] [in no particular order]

Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)
"look you stupid bastard, you've got no arms left"
"it's just a flesh wound"

Office Space (1999)
"We get caught laundering money, we're not going to white-collar resort prison. No, no, no. We're going to federal POUND ME IN THE ASS prison."

Anchorman: The Legend Of Ron Burgundy (2004)
[ohhh there are way too many quotes from this movie]
"Oh Audrey - I look like hell! I got bags under my eyes. What's that? Well if you were a man, I'd punch you. Punch you right in the mouth. That's bush. Bush league. YOU HEAR ME? AUDREY! LOOK AT ME! I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Alright? "

Monty Python's Life Of Brian
(1979)
"Wait till Biggus Dickus hears of this! "

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
(2001)
"Don't f**k with the Jedi master, son"

Baseketball
(1998)
[not a quote, but the part where he eats foil to psych out the other team]

A Fish Called Wanda
(1988)
"We didn't lose Vietnam. It was a tie!"

Monty Python's Meaning Of Life
(1983)
Grim Reaper: "Shut up, you American. You Americans, all you do is talk, and talk, and say "let me tell you something" and "I just wanna say." Well, you're dead now, so shut up."

Clerks
(1994)
"Which did you like better, "Jedi" or "Empire Strikes Back",
"Empire",
"Blasphemy!"

40 Year Old Virgin
(2005)
"I hired a 90-lb girl to work in the stock room at Smart Tech for you, okay? I should've hired a 300-lb guy to lift the 60-inch flat screen, but instead I hired a hot girl who can't lift an iPod to bring you out of your funk. "

Knocked Up
(2007)
[purely for the part when they are stoned at the circus]
"You know how they say to never drink and drive? Well, never drink and bone."

Superbad (2007)
[c'mon penis drawings!]
" I'm so wet right now.",
"Yeah... they said that would happen in Health Class."

Okay, thats it :]

Welcome to the human race...
In no particular order...

Clerks
The Big Lebowski
The Blues Brothers
Army of Darkness
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
This Is Spinal Tap

Funniest movie i liked seeing and seeing is White Chicks by the Wyan Brothers and Blades of Glory by Will Farrell

Clerks is absolutely one of the funniest movies that I've watched...

I also love Rob Schneider's films. He is such a wacky guy and I enjoy his films such as Deuce Bigalow, The Animal, and Hot Chick.

Lets put a smile on that block
Funniest movie i liked seeing and seeing is White Chicks by the Wyan Brothers

the funniest movie i have ever watched,, none other than White Chicks. . .

A system of cells interlinked
Somehow, in a bizarre alignment of planets, signs, stars, or ...something...TWO people have actually admitted to liking White Chicks...

Aside from being blatantly racist, this film has some of the worst comedy writing ever. I sat through about 20 minutes, and, after not laughing once, while simultaneously having multiple urges to stalk through the town with an AR-10 carbine gas powered semi-automatic assault weapon, I decided to stop watching...

Terrible film. You guys are fired.

the funniest movie i have ever watched,, none other than White Chicks. . .
I'll second to that!!...

I enjoyed all the naked guns...(2 1/1 and 3 1/3).

I also liked "trust the man" as well as Nacho Libre

Lets put a smile on that block
I'll second to that!!...
That's three people now Sed. There are not enough in the world to portray my feelings on this subject.

Have any of you actually seen other films? Do you have any idea what comedy is? Pointing out lame cliché's between black and white people is about as funny as the holocaust.
This isn't a case of different folks, different strokes, this is a case of YOU HAVE SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU IF YOU SIT THROUGH WHITE CHICKS AND NOT ONLY LAUGH, BUT MAKE IT TO THE END.

Get yourselves to the brain doctor immediately, otherwise i doubt you'll survive the week.
Somehow, in a bizarre alignment of planets, signs, stars, or ...something...TWO people have actually admitted to liking White Chicks...

Terrible film. You guys are fired.
When i first saw the trailer for White Chicks i thought it was a horror film...

Yup, Is one of the funniest film that I ever see.

Please don't think I'm picking on you POLgas but it seems to me your statement underlines one of the major problems of discussing films in this forum--the generation-gap between younger participants who don't know (or maybe just don't care) about earlier movies and actors, and old fogies like myself who don't go to many of the modern movies and therefore have little knowledge about the new stars.

Your comment, of course, is addressed to the many comedies Nielsen has made in the last 28 years, but although a great practical joker, he never played a comic role before Airplane! in 1980. Nielsen’s first film appearance was in the 1956 dramatic thriller Ransom!, starring Glenn Ford, that was remade in 1996 by Ron Howard and Mel Gibson. That was followed by Nielsen playing the oh-so-serious commander of a space crew in the Sci-Fi classic Forbidden Planet that same year. In 1957, he was Debbie Reynolds’s love interest in the syrupy sweet but very popular Tammy and the Bachelor. In 1958, he was about the only major actor without a funny line as the villain beat to the draw and shot by Ford in The Sheepman. In 1972, he had the short and unfunny role as the ship's captain in the Poseidon Adventure. And then there were his TV roles as a Revolutionary War leader in The Swamp Fox and as policemen in several cop shows. Certainly there's a lot to admire about Nielsen's capacity for both comedy and drama. But during much of his career the characters he played seldom raised a smile, much less a chuckle, from movie audiences.
wow, i never knew he was such a classic actor before. anyways thanks for the info. my respect to the guy has grown knotches higher

A Tie, "A Night at the Opera", The Out of Towners(Jack Lemmon and Sandy Dennis) and "The Producers" (Gene Wilder and Zero Mostel).

The Funniest person on screen is Groucho, the funniest team Abbot and Costello and the most endearing Laurel and Hardy(who mastered Gentle Humor).

You, Me and Dupree, another funny movie.