Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

CARNIVAL OF SOULS: (1965).

This is one little chiller which I recall from my boarding school days. It may be a low budget affair with a B list cast but it held me in its grip for its entirety. The story begins with a car accident with a young female church organist as the sole survivor. Soon after the accident we find the woman heading to Utah for a new job. She is drawn as if by magic to an old abandoned fair ground and pavillion. She then begins seeing strange visions.. and has to question her sanity when she suddenly can not hear any sounds and is ignored by people. All thru this trauma the woman is stalked by what look like ghouls. Have I whetted your appetite ghoulies.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

The Legacy of a Whitetail Deer Hunter (2018)

Where did they find this F'n kid?

[quote=Gideon58;1923984]

I have an irrational hatred of Jason Bateman, doubly worrying as I struggle to remember his name most times. Its Vince Vaughn-esque. This was a fun movie though

Saw Ant-man and the Wasp at the cinema today. Under house arrest after the events of Captain America Civil War, Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) risks his own freedom to help Hope (Evengeline Lilly) and Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) try to rescue their lost mother/wife respectively from the quantum universe. This sequel to 2015's Ant-man is passable enough, but I didn't think it was quite as funny or inventive as the first one.

[quote=Citizen Rules;1924056]
Downsizing (2017)

Have you guys seen this one? I know some of you would dig the concept. I mean have you ever thought about what it would be like if you were only a few inches tall? And if you think you know what this movie is going to be about, think again...

Just when the film seems like an interesting little comic sci-fi piece, it goes and gets deeper. It did that several times, each time changing gears, and by the end I was totally unprepared for what would happen. Uhmm...that's probably too big of a build up It's a cool film, it kind of made me think and a whole lot of films don't do that these days.

Sorry CR, I really couldn't get into it *at all*! I agree there were nice little (ha ha) set-pieces but I really did think the film was quite indulgent on a thin premise.

It didn't bore me, just didn't engage me.

CARNIVAL OF SOULS: (1965).

This is one little chiller which I recall from my boarding school days. It may be a low budget affair with a B list cast but it held me in its grip for its entirety. The story begins with a car accident with a young female church organist as the sole survivor. Soon after the accident we find the woman heading to Utah for a new job. She is drawn as if by magic to an old abandoned fair ground and pavillion. She then begins seeing strange visions.. and has to question her sanity when she suddenly can not hear any sounds and is ignored by people. All thru this trauma the woman is stalked by what look like ghouls. Have I whetted your appetite ghoulies.
This film knocks my socks off!! Candace Hilligloss just amazing and a genuinely creepy movie....that organ, that dancing!!! I recorded it from Film 4 on a whim (UK) and I's so glad I did. Did ye ken that the "ghost" seen at the window was the director Spookie?

Junior Bonner (1972)

Bloody Sam keeps it a bit wistful here with the great Steve McQueen playing a prodigal (Junior) son who is perhaps not even wanted home. The practicalities of having a father that is useless are stripped bare but, still, the practicalities call for action (ticket at end).

The cast are great and somehow Sam pulls this off, it could have been just a vehicle for McQueen but the cast holds a strong tale together. 8/10

Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool (2017)

This film knocks my socks off!! Candace Hilligloss just amazing and a genuinely creepy movie....that organ, that dancing!!! I recorded it from Film 4 on a whim (UK) and I's so glad I did. Did ye ken that the "ghost" seen at the window was the director Spookie?

I never knew that @Marco. Candace put in a believable performance. Yes a genuinely creepy movie that has stood the test of time. Will future generations remember many of todays so called creepy movies with their over the top jump scares and ridiculous plots?

“I was cured, all right!”

★★★★
A very good Dostoevsky adaptation.

Great movie

One of the best films ever made!

I'll agree with the Downsizing criticism. It was a cool premise that would have been good for a Black Mirror episode or something. As a 2+ hour long movie, it was boring.

I never knew that @Marco. Candace put in a believable performance. Yes a genuinely creepy movie that has stood the test of time. Will future generations remember many of todays so called creepy movies with their over the top jump scares and ridiculous plots?
She did indeed....I thought Candace was classy and elegant as the troubled organist To answer your question spookiemoviemania, i really dunno...we require more inventiveness so that the future generations can taste the scare...maybe some of the Portmanteau collections that shivverred the bones?

She did indeed....I thought Candace was classy and elegant as the troubled organist To answer your question spookiemoviemania, i really dunno...we require more inventiveness so that the future generations can taste the scare...maybe some of the Portmanteau collections that shivverred the bones?

Yes. the Amicus portmanteaus spring to mind Marco. I have reviewed other movies here so I welcome your opinion on them. .

Re-watch. 17 years later, it’s still an amusing movie. I thought the sequel was atrocious & can only imagine the 3rd movie. Did she ever nail one of those two?

Re-watch. Flat. Never took off. Sally Field was so pretty.

I thought this was rather good. Haven’t read this particular book of Du Maurier’s. Maybe better as a TV movie. Rachel Weisz & Sam Claflin very good.

Re-watch. Terrific movie.

Come and See (1985)

It definitely lived up to the hype. I thought some of the characters acted a little odd at times in the first half, but besides that I thought it was great. I usually only get teary eyed from love stories but I couldn't help myself watching some of these scenes, scenes I'll probably never forget. My wife doesn't usually watch these types of movies with me but she did and also thought it was great.

The indiana Jones 8/10

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Along Came a Spider (2001) 7/10

I barely remember Kiss The Girls, but I do remember this one. Absolutely horrible opening sequence with the terrible CGI car crash. Almost put me off the film right from the start.

Memorable villain, mainly because I really like Michael Wincott with his smokers voice. The whole production screams late 90's early 2000's generic thriller and I feel like it stays that way.

Also, the fact this cost around $60 million dollars, blows my mind.

Suspect's Reviews

Rewatch:

"Wings of Desire"
Pure beauty!

It's a long time since I saw it but I liked it too.