Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Account terminated on request
In Theater? Terminator 5280, Dark Fate. 6.9999/10

Streamed? Django: Unchained. 8.9/10

Jurassic Park III (2001)

Uh, this is pure B-movie done with A-movie budget. Unfortunately, it's also a bad B-movie. Dinos are still fine and I was hoping they'd eat everyone.

shawshank redemption awesome

Unregistered User

The Hole in The Ground (2019)

Predictable horror that left so many questions unanswered.

Children Of The Corn (1984)

Hasn't aged particularly well, some of the voices were hard to listen to.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum

Excellent threequel with great action scenes, nice twists to the story and an awesome comeback for martial arts film legend Mark Dacascos as the assassin Zero, who goes both in fanboy and hunter modes to Wick.

The Divide

Hollywood veteran Perry King stars and makes his feature film directorial debut as an aging rancher who must confront his past and attempt to bond with both his new ranchhand and estranged daughter-in-law. Nice homage of sorts to the frontier cinema of John Ford along with great performances by King and Bryan Kaplan (as the ranchhand).

Alex & Eve

Australia's answer to the hit 2003 indie film My Big Fat Greek Wedding revolves around the budding romance between a Greek Orthodox schoolteacher and a Lebanese Muslim lawyer. The stars of the film, Richard Bracantisano and Andrea Demetriades show great chemistry together and on top of that, the reactions from both Alex's father and Eve's mother is as hilarious as Gus in MBFGW. I would love to see both Tony Nikalakopoulos and Michael Constantine in a buddy movie together as aging Greek dad/buddies. I would pay to see that!

Jurassic Park III (2001)

Uh, this is pure B-movie done with A-movie budget. Unfortunately, it's also a bad B-movie. Dinos are still fine and I was hoping they'd eat everyone.

...or at least the writers.

shawshank redemption awesome
Phenomenal.

Funny, I was just thinking about this movie last week actually. Which do you think is better, Shawshank, or The Green Mile?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

The Cow (Dariush Mehrjui, 1969)
6/10
All the Freckles in the World (Yibran Asuad, 2019)
6/10
The Hypnotist (Anna Biller, 2001)
6/10
The Secret Life of Pets 2 (Chris Renaud, 2019)
+ 6/10

The pets have plenty of fun, witty adventures.
Les misérables AKA The Pitiful (Ladj Ly, 2017)
+ 6/10
Flatliners (Niels Arden Oplev, 2017)
5/10
Before Dawn (Irving Pichel, 1933)
6/10
Who's Singin' Over There? (Slobodan Sijan, 1980)
6.5/10

Absurdist humor combines with the horrors of WWII in Serbia.
Millie (John Francis Dillon, 1931)
5.5/10
Walking on Water (Andrey Paounov, 2018)
6.5/10
Attack from Space (Koreyoshi Akasaka, Akira Mitsuwa & Teruo Ishii, 1965)
4/10 Camp Rating

Annabelle Comes Home (Gary Dauberman, 2019)
6/10

...and, what you might expect, happens...
Personal Maid's Secret (Arthur Greville Collins, 1935)
5.5/10
The Firebird (William Dieterle, 1934)
+ 5/10
Brides Are Like That (William McGann, 1936)
5.5/10
The Snake Pit (Anatole Litvak, 1948)
6.5/10

To get out of the mental hospital, Olivia de Havilland has to undergo a lot.
Jay and Silent Bob Reboot (Kevin Smith, 2019)
+ 6/10
I Am Somebody (Madeline Anderson, 1970)
6.5/10
Everything's Rosie (Clyde Bruckman, 1931)
5.5/10
Before Stonewall (Greta Schiller, 1984)
- 7/10

Landmark film for numerous historical and civil rights reasons, especially gay awareness.

Ahhhhh, good auld Attack From Space - a proper superhero movie is that

Good movie that ultimately ran out of steam. Jackman very good as Gary Hart. Witty screenplay.

Knives Out
I would actually give it 4 and a half popcorns but i'm not sure how to do a half popcorn.
Great movie that kept me entertained throughout,brilliant script and performances by everyone involved, hopefully it can get a few oscar noms too

Knives Out
I would actually give it 4 and a half popcorns but i'm not sure how to do a half popcorn.
Great movie that kept me entertained throughout,brilliant script and performances by everyone involved, hopefully it can get a few oscar noms too
[ rating]4.5[ /rating] minus the empty spaces after the opening brackets.

The Sonata (2018)

Above-average B-horror that loans quite heavily from The Ninth Gate. Freya Tingley looks really good and does a decent job at acting too. I like this type of films but The Sonata didn't fully achieve its potential. Definitely worth a watch though.

Phenomenal.

Funny, I was just thinking about this movie last week actually. Which do you think is better, Shawshank, or The Green Mile?

too hard to select one but still shawchank is best choice

Makes you want to visit Sweden like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre makes you want to visit Texas. Loved the fx when they were eating the hallucinogens. Features very good tension throughout (yee), looks great, the worst boyfriend ever, and
WARNING: spoilers below
some cliff jumping
I really liked it for an hour and a half, then didn't like it for a bit, then liked it again.

Heaven's Gate (1980)

+

A notorious flop that put United Artists out of business. It's 3 1/2 hours long and was surrounded by controversy including charges of animal cruelty. Apparently it's been looked at in higher esteem as the years have gone by, and I watched it because it's included on BFI's top 100 westerns list. It's got a very deep cast headlined by Kris Kristofferson, Christopher Walken, and Isabelle Huppert. Director Michael Cimino hit it big with The Deer Hunter, and I kept thinking that he all of a sudden fancied himself as sort of an in prime Coppola. It's very Cinematic, and although Ebert tore it apart for how it looked, I thought it was a big strength. There's a lot of strong stuff here but it is bloated and it doesn't all work well enough. I liked it but with its length and everything that was put in to it, it needed to be great to be successful.