Another all-time comedy classic. This is one of three in which Stan and Ollie play multiple parts, including Brats, the best I've seen from them thus far, reviewed a few weeks back.

Here, the conceit is that it is both Stan and Ollie's one-year wedding anniversary. Stan married Ollie's sister and Ollie married Stan's sister. The gag is that Ollie's sister is played by Ollie in drag while Stan's sister is played by Stan in drag.

Additionally, the voices are dubbed/lip-synched from female actors. The woman who does Stan's voice is especially silly and over the top, which is wonderful because it gives Stan a chance to play over the top, something he normally left to Ollie. He does an excellent job, and the combo of his acting and the other actor's voice is magic.

Ollie in drag is also a hoot. Ollie already has some feminine mannerisms, and its not a stretch at all to imagine he is actually his sister. In fact, his performance reminded me just a bit of Louie Anderson's performance in Baskets, though obviously far more comic.

The technical skill and editing in this short is simply extraordinary. The "brother and sister" sets appear on screen together seamlessly, with expert cutting and use of the back of a body double or two. It doesn't call attention to itself in the slightest, a real achievement in 1932!

All in all, this is a top 5 L&H short. I still prefer Brats and The Music Box, but this isn't far behind. Highly recommended.