Guardians of the Galaxy II

Tools    

Maybe There will be Two Captain Marvels maybe The Father will had been an earlier earth hero and The new Captain Marvel is his Daughter and Peter is her Brother.

Maybe There will be Two Captain Marvels maybe The Father will had been an earlier earth hero and The new Captain Marvel is his Daughter and Peter is her Brother.
True. There's Captain Mar-vell and his daughter Captain Marvel.

There's talk that Kurt Russel 'could' play Star Lord's father, Though it's not certain yet. So don't get confused whether this is a spoiler or not. Take it as a grain of salt for now. I for one though think he'd be great for the part.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”

News on reported new additions to the team

WARNING: spoilers below

Star-Lord (Chris Pratt) will once again be returning with his core crew of Drax (Dave Bautista), Gamora (Zoe Saldana), Rocket (Bradley Cooper) and yes, Groot (Vin Diesel). That’s not all, though: according to a source close with the production, Peter Quill will be signing some new members onto the roster; he’ll be joined by Yondu, bad girl Nebula, and newcomer Mantis.
Imagine that intergalactic police lineup.
It’ll be great to see Yondu (Michael Rooker) and Star-Lord back on screen together. Their dynamic in the first film was one of many stellar subplots in Guardians. The way the two reconciled near the end could have easily closed the chapter on that story, but it seems director James Gunn has more in store for the Centurion smuggler. Hopefully a giant red-finned mohawk is also part of that plan.
The thing with Yondu is he doesn’t have much of a history in the main continuity of the comics. While he has a rich back story in the parallel Earth-691, when he was written into mainstream 616, it pretty much mirrors what Gunn set up in the Guardians film. So, it means there’s a lot to play with for the character.
Mantis, who is currently heavily rumored to be played by Pom Klementieff (Old Boy), is the only new cast member to join the team. In the comic-verse, Mantis has quite the backstory, which ties into the Celestials, Kree cults, and the Guardians themselves. Mantis has a great powerset to choose from, though. Aside from exceptional martial arts skills, she’s both a telepath and empath, and has the ability to control plants and vegetation. In the comics she even accelerated Groot’s growth after his body regenerated from a twig, which is a pretty helpful power given how we last saw the little sapling.

She even has some great moments with Yondu in more recent comics. The two share a friendly rivalry, and a tender friendship. While Peter may be off doing Star-Lord things and not around Yondu as much as movie fans would like to see, this potential (non-romantic) pairing could add some fun verbal sparring between the two.
Now, the biggest what-the-heck addition here is Gamora’s sister Nebula. We saw her escape from certain death when she landed on a Ravager ship during the battle on Xandar, but what could bring the cybernetically enhanced assassin to the Milano’s doorstep? She must want something from the group.
Nebula hasn’t spent much (good) time with the Guardians in the comics. She once teamed up with Gamora and joined her all-lady warrior group, “The Graces,” to take down Ronan during the Annihilation crossover event. It didn’t play out at all like the films, though Nebula did take a beating. She’s only recently resurfaced in the comics; she attacked the Guardians while leading an army of Chitauri in a two-part team-up series last year.
It really looks like the new Guardians film is going to see more focus put on the rest of the team. Gunn has said that he plans to keep the cast at a set limit because he wants to get to know the characters we have better instead of “turn them into a quip piece.” Outside of when the Avengers come together in their team-up movies, Guardians of the Galaxy is Marvel’s first big foray into developing an ensemble film from the ground up.
2017 is going to be a good year for Marvel fans. Thor: Ragnarok comes out November 3, the unnamed Spider-Man film just got pushed up to July 7, and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 will get things rolling on May 5.

read it here if like to push buttons

Villain projection for the sequel

WARNING: spoilers below

Amidst all the rumours flying around about Guardians of the Galaxy 2, the most intriguing one surrounds the apparent identity of the antagonist our rag-tag bunch of heroes will be facing.
Geek reports that the villain in question could be unlike any seen in a Marvel film before - largely due to the fact he is a sentient world, aptly referred to in the comics as Ego the Talking Planet.
In the comic universe, Ego is a planet who, when granted consciousness by a character known as The Stranger, embarks on a mission to conquer other worlds. Unsurprisingly, the renowned Marvel hero most commonly seen encountering the destructive planet is Asgard's very own Thor who attempts to put a stop to its destructive ways.

those about to click, we salute you

In unspoiled waters, James Gunn has finished the script.

Is it really a spoiler that people are returning that didn't die in the first one? If you haven't seen the first one why would you be looking in a thread about the sequel? lol

WARNING: "Minor casting GOTG" spoilers below
Bringing Back Michael Rooker is never a bad thing and no brainer, the dude is a presence when he is on screen in anything

It is more about what side of the fence they are on now.

I have to return some videotapes...
I'm going to be in the minority on this, but I have hated everything that Marvel has put out in Phase 2 with the exception of Ant-Man. The rest of it was just a bunch of horse sh*t products that didn't feel like real movies. It's a shame because Phase 1 has a lot of really fun stuff in it. The only reason I am slightly interested in this movie is because Kurt Russell is a total bada*s.

His father is Galactus. Marvel has the rights to him back supposedly. Bet on it!

Ol' Rocky and Baby G hanging out in the Mystery Van with Scoobs and Shag I see.

The MCU is bad.
So bad.

The first Iron Man and GotG are ok... the rest is just boring kids fluff.

Plus, onto their 3rd incarnation of Spider-Man and the 3rd incarnation of Hulk (well, 2nd incarnation but 3rd actor) as well.
Just can't get behind it.

It's partly the same reason I've gone off X-Men. Ok they're not the MCU, but they're on about now merging them.
Changing actors all the time, changing the timelines et al.

Even Deadpool said it when they're dragging him off to see Xavier.
"Stewart or McAvoy? These timelines are confusing!"

X-Men managed to screw themselves as well with the timeline thing in DoFP.
What happened in that movie, meant Apocalypse had absolutely no peril factor.

The first Iron Man and GotG are ok... the rest is just boring kids fluff.
The Marvel films are rated 12a. They are not kids stuff.

Plus, onto their 3rd incarnation of Spider-Man and the 3rd incarnation of Hulk (well, 2nd incarnation but 3rd actor) as well.
Just can't get behind it.
The other versions of Spider-Man and the first Hulk weren't a part of the MCU.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Guardians of the Galaxy was so much ****ing fun, I can't wait for the sequel!