Movies That Deserve Sequels

Tools    

Avangers

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Sandalwood, feel free to put all those suggestions on the same post.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Well, not sure if there is a thread like this already, but anyway.

MOVIES THAT DESERVE SEQUELS!!!

I'll go with my usual answer to everything, Serenity deserves a sequel though it's unlikely.

Also I believe Superman Returns deserved a sequel...though we're getting a remake.

And I know a heap of people hate Superman Returns but I think it deserved a sequel.

What do you think humans?
I agree with both your choices here. The box office taking don't reflect the quality of both films.

Someday I would quite like to see a well done Matrix sequel/series.

that's what she said...

I think they left enough room at the end to make a sequal which would have Alison Lohmens character as the centered character with another great "con". The movie was just great to me and I would have loved it if they made a 2nd.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Also I believe Superman Returns deserved a sequel...though we're getting a remake.

And I know a heap of people hate Superman Returns but I think it deserved a sequel.
I liked Superman Returns on the first viewing, but upon watching it again, no, I wouldn't want to see a sequel. It kind of violates everything I love about Superman. Everyone was written out of character, there was almost NO action, and I hate the idea of Superman having an illegitimate son. Kevin Spacey was the best part of the film. He was funny and menacing. If only he'd been in a better Superman film.

If any movie needs a sequel, it's Kick-Ass. I'd see that in an instant.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Movie Forums Extra
Prometheus!!!!

good thread. Like carl sagan I can now say "Billions n billions".

second thoughts I better not list any.list would be to long.
well mabie just, Blade runner. Mabie even a remake.
Taxi driver Deniro as an old guy still driving the same taxi.
the Godfather part 4 Al pacino as president Taking over the planet.

Sequels usually suck. All good sequels tend to be movies whose making is unrelated to the box office performance of the first movie. Usually, they make sequels when the original made a lot of money and so they do the same but "bigger and better", which usually implies in mediocrity and self parody.

Truly serious directors never make sequels.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Truly serious directors never make sequels.
That eliminates Kurosawa, Coppola, Lang, Bergman, Frankenheimer and several of my favorite popcorn directors who I consider serious.

Sequels can be good if done correctly. But many sequels nowadays are made for the wrong reasons. The bottom line these days for a sequel is now money instead of the continuation of a good story. A half assed script is churned out and they don't care if it is good or not. This has given us Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen, Alvin and the Chipmunks The Squeakquel, Die Hard 5, and the endless Resident Evil and Fast and the Furious sequels.

I am the Watcher in the Night
I'm with the thread starter, Serenity deserves a sequel, I'd love to see how the crew deal with a new, changing galaxy.

I've long said Superman Returns had some great story ideas which never played out the way they should PLUS there was the problem with a total lack of action. I'd love to see a movie which dealt with the ideas of Superman having a child and how Lois would handle her relationship...we'll never see that now.

Other sequels, Ghostbusters!!! I know they are finally making the 3rd part but it should of happened 20 years ago.

I love Pan's Labyrinth too and it's an almost perfect movie but I'd love to see what happened to the girl, may be she died in this world but lived on in the fantasy realm, may be it wasn't just her imagination, we could have a full blown fantasy epic, very different in tone to the original.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me. Lynch planned to make it a trilogy of films, but because it flopped so badly, they were cancelled. Shame, too.

I think Rorouni Kenshin deserves for a sequel.

I'd like to see a sequel to The Vampire's Assistant, but I know it's never going to happen.

Also, Unbreakable should have had a sequel.