80s fantasy movie

Tools    

I need help finding a fantasy (?) movie from the 80s or even 70s in which, after the hero defeats the villain (sorcerer perhaps), the villain falls to the ground and rapidly ages in a second, his head turns to a skull, then to dust. Similar effect like in Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade, but that is not the movie. In my movie head turning to scull was on the ground and it took big part of the screen on the left. There was some dust moving to describe fast flow of time or just simple dust because it was some desert or something...

We were taken to movie theater by teachers, so movie was considered kids appropriate, only this scene was scary.
I believe that mentioned immortal sorcerer (or knight, king, someone with authority) send main hero on some quest which eventually ended this immortality. So i am not totally sure that hero defeated him in fight, perhaps simply his solving quest led to mentioned death.

There is a very similar scene in "Something Wicked This Way Comes" (1983)

Is 1958 too old? That happens in Horror of Dracula
It is. I watched this in a movie theater in late 80s as a kid. We were taken by teachers, so movie was considered kids appropriate, only this scene was scary.

There is a very similar scene in "Something Wicked This Way Comes" (1983)
No, this was an adventure/fantasy movie with adult hero, and not scary per se, only this scene stood out, that's why i remember it: it came as a surprise in otherwise kid suitable movie (by 80s standards, of course, so little blood and gore were okay).

The scene i remember perhaps is not very important in whole movie, and that's why i can't google it or find it via key words on sites dedicated to finding movies. I need help from a person who actually watched same movie. And yes, i know there are small chances to find it with such a vague description, so thank you very much for trying to help. For sure it was not a horor movie.

I believe that mentioned immortal sorcerer (or knight, king, someone with authority) send main hero on some quest which eventually ended this immortality.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
It is. I watched this in a movie theater in late 80s as a kid. We were taken by teachers, so movie was considered kids appropriate, only this scene was scary.
Our daycare would sometimes take us to movies like that. I remember some of the following, so maybe one might be your movie?

Could it be something like Clash of the Titans (1981)

Sinbad of the Seven Seas (1989)

or Jason and the Argonauts (1963)

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Our daycare would sometimes take us to movies like that. I remember some of the following, so maybe one might be your movie?

Could it be something like...
Yes, this was the vibe, also reminds me of Ser Gawain and Green Knight, but i unfortunately its not one of them. Thank you for answering the topic.

Yes, this was the vibe, also reminds me of Ser Gawain and Green Knight, but i unfortunately its not one of them. Thank you for answering the topic.

Technically NOT answered though, right? Your movie is in this style but not one of these submitted? So we can continue searching for an answer?

Technically NOT answered though, right? Your movie is in this style but not one of these submitted? So we can continue searching for an answer?
Please do. It is not answered.
I can't find this movie on Wikipedia list of 80s adventure or fantasy movie, i also checked 70s list and nothing, and it bothers me for a really long time.

Please do. It is not answered.
I can't find this movie on Wikipedia list of 80s adventure or fantasy movie, i also checked 70s list and nothing, and it bothers me for a really long time.
Not quite as described, but perhaps the memory has blurred some?
Skip to around 1:42:30 where the man in the mask takes the crown and leans back into the stone wall. There is a similar FX fade as described. The evil sorcerer was put down only a few minutes earlier.

Not quite as described, but perhaps the memory has blurred some?
Skip to around 1:42:30 where the man in the mask takes the crown and leans back into the stone wall...
No, not it. In my movie head turning to scull was on the ground and it took big part of the screen on the left. There was some dust moving to describe fast flow of time or just simple dust because it was some desert or something...

I'm sure that this is NOT it but I'm having too much fun finding this crap lol. Krull! With friggin Liam Neeson?! I just learned that!!

I'm sure that this is NOT it but I'm having too much fun finding this crap lol. Krull! With friggin Liam Neeson?!
This is not, although there is dust for sure.

Whole atmosphere was more epic, less goofy. Or at least i thought that as a child. )

Whole atmosphere was more epic, less goofy. Or at least i thought that as a child. )
Eh, well at least we're keeping your question sitting near the top with our replies

You might edit your first post to add the few new details you've mentioned in later replies. Like that it was kid friendly-ish, an adult hero, immortality, and the framing you described in your last post with the skull being large and in the corner.... dust, etc.

In that you've put so much time into this thread, you MIGHT AS WELL go ahead and put up an avatar and list out your top 10 favorite movies on your profile Then jump on over to the Games area and join the current Song for August music competition. Or over to the Videogame thread and post up anything you might be playing. Or just random chat in the Shoutbox.

You've been here a few days already. Might as well go ahead and commit. You're one of us now. join the Dark Side....

Ok, i followed all instructions like a good (or already darksided) girl. Perhaps edited first post will help someone to guess what movie i am looking for. If anyone else ever seen it, that is.

word. and welcome aboard!
there's a section for introductions if you're up for it. I don't think I knew about that for a year or two after I joined up but people seem responsive there too. it's a pretty cool and laid back place, IMO. kind of a small family-like group.