Black Mirror

Tools    

I’ve definitely had enough of Black Mirror now. First 2 seasons were the best & the pilot was the best episode, IMHO.

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
This popped up at such a convenient time for me, as I literally just finished the first episode of the first season, definitely planning on watching more. It is very thought-provoking. Does anyone have any favorite episodes they would recommend?

This might just do nobody any good.
The Entire History of You tops my list. I wouldn’t skip around though.

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
This popped up at such a convenient time for me, as I literally just finished the first episode of the first season, definitely planning on watching more. It is very thought-provoking. Does anyone have any favorite episodes they would recommend?
That.....that pig.....

More than the act itself, it’s that final shot of the PM with his back turned against the camera that I found so haunting. I don’t know, the feeling I got from that, the weight of the humiliation coming down, it was like waking up in a cold sweat.

All time great introduction to a series.

I just found out RDJ’s been planning a feature length adaptation of The Entire History of You for some time now. Beat Clooney to the film rights too.

Shut Up and Dance, White Christmas, USS Callister

More than the act itself, it’s that final shot of the PM with his back turned against the camera that I found so haunting. I don’t know, the feeling I got from that, the weight of the humiliation coming down, it was like waking up in a cold sweat.

All time great introduction to a series.
Best episode of any of the seasons IMO.

Welcome to the human race...
So...Bandersnatch.

WARNING: "VIEW POSITIVE COMMENTS" spoilers below
Interesting concept that stays compelling and offers some amusing choices (such as the use of Tangerine Dream's Phaedra as a soundtrack you can choose for the protagonist's actions). At the very least, the idea that you can go back and try to do things right is the kind of welcome shake-up that each new addition to Black Mirror really needs (e.g. San Junipero being ostensibly happy and a peak for the series that season 4 tried and failed to replicate with Hang the DJ). If nothing else, I did like Colin as a character to the point that I was a little disappointed that I'd ended up picking a path where he effectively disappeared before too long.

WARNING: "VIEW NEGATIVE COMMENTS" spoilers below
It is annoying how easily you can get locked into a certain path (never mind the constant fake-out endings), but I guess that's the risk you take. Now it's a question of how much I actually want to go back and revisit the choices I didn't take originally (especially the earlier and seemingly inconsequential ones) - seems like it'd be hard to know exactly how to do that without spoiling the whole thing for myself, like I need an actual map of the choices to cross off until I've effectively 100%-ed it like some open-world videogame - and then what would that say about me if I try every choice instead of simply cutting to the chase and looking up the path to a golden ending that might not even exist?

Also wondering if the fact that it's a separate Netflix entry from the series means that it counts as a movie.

Bandersnatch was okay. Well-acted by Fionn. Got bored with it - stopped making choices - and didn’t finish.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Bandersnatch:

WARNING: "Bandersnatch plot point spoilers" spoilers below
I had fun with this for the first hour, and then the re-looping began to bother me. At some point far into the story it didn't seem to matter which choices you made because after a few other pathways, you'd end up back at the same spot as you'd chosen the first time.

The choice of who jumps off the balcony, for instance, was really no choice since I'm guessing either choice would end up being a dream. I would have preferred choices with *real* consequences.

And the "ending" I had didn't seem like an ending. It just seemed to stop telling the story and I have no idea what ultimately happens. I'll have to rewatch and make other choices, especially early on, though I suspect that, after meandering around differently in the middle, we always end up with the same odd, abrupt non-ending ending. Has anyone already tried this?

P.S. The self-referencing Netflix options were great fun... the first half-dozen times.

“didn't seem to matter which choices you made because after a few other pathways, you'd end up back at the same spot as you'd chosen the first time”

I think this is what bothered me. No way was I going to go back & choose the option I hadn’t chosen previously. Seemed very meandering to me.

A system of cells interlinked
Season 5 is out!

I plan on starting it soon...

You ready? You look ready.
I’ve definitely had enough of Black Mirror now. First 2 seasons were the best & the pilot was the best episode, IMHO.
Agreed. This show has lost its edge. The show peaked at the Christmas episode (my favorite) and then nosedived with, you guessed it, Nosedive.

I don’t sub to Netflix anymore. I don’t like their politics and they have put out stinker after stinker since killing off Marco Polo
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I think I started that. First EP only so far and I'm not sure I finished it. I could be thinking of another series though so who knows. MOSTLY it was the "URGENT" in the title that pulled me in.

Also, OP's avatar is awesome.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Welcome to the human race...
Already watched the new season (easy enough with only three episodes), but I gotta say I'm underwhelmed. Striking Vipers is another San Junipero riff, though I guess in that sense it's preferable to Hang the DJ. Smithereens may be the best of the three thanks to its stripped-down realism and persistent tension, though it does ultimately end on a bit of a shrug regarding its stated message. Rachel, Jack and Ashley Too might just be the most overt attempt to do an out-and-out "fun" episode yet, though it does so by taking concepts that the show already explored in all seriousness and revamping them into something more enjoyable, which definitely seems at odds with the show's cautionary-tale foundation.

(also per ynwtf's post, double-checked who the OP was and oh man whatever happened to Pyro Tramp)