Richard Gere-What do you think about him

Tools    

Richard Gere is a fine actor in my opinion I like his performance in Days of Heaven,An Officer and a Gentleman,Pretty Woman..Now it's your turn to post your opinion about Mr.Gere...

I'm not a fan, but mainly because he's not often in filmls I want to see, rather than anything I don't like about him. I think An Officer And A Gentlemen and American Gigolo are as good as it gets with him. I did think he was surprisingly good in Chicago, though.

Semper Fooey
He is prettier than Julia Roberts.

His acting has improved as he has gotten older.

He has lovely eyes.

I've always enjoyed watching him, though the quality of his films and performances is uneven....(not just meaning he's done good and not so good stuff, but that he has done some of his best work in otherwise meh films, and less so in some movies I like that he's in).

I think his best performance may have been Mr. Jones, and I also especially liked him in Dr. T, Primal Fear, and Unfaithful.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
He was pretty solid in Primal Fear, but he was upstaged by Edward Norton. Thats the only movie I really cared for him in, anyway.

He was pretty solid in Primal Fear, but he was upstaged by Edward Norton. Thats the only movie I really cared for him in, anyway.
That's true, Norton had the really flashy role in it, and did great. But I still think Gere also did a good job playing his side of it, being intelligent yet arrogant enough to be manipulated in a believably balanced way.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Oh, and Mothman Prophecies. Great performance, underrated supernatural thriller.
That's a great flick

As for Richard Gere, I don't think he's great or terrible. He's just kind of ho-hum for me.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Saw him years ago in a B-way play called Bent. He was really good in that. I liked him too in Primal Fear and Internal Affairs.

that's what she said...
I havnt seen too many movies with him in it, but I think he has one of the most gentle, and approchable faces. He's not sexy or hot (in my opinion) but he has that child-like innocent face and from what I remeber in movies I did see with him in them, he always plays a gentle character.

Semper Fooey
It wasn't true in his early films, he was more the brooding outsider James Dean type, but his later roles seem to fit him better.

"...superior to the original" - joking? No rage intended your way, but the remake of Breathless is garbage. Unwatchable garbage. When I was fifteen I thought it was okay because I thought Valérie Kaprisky was adorable. I watched it again about four months ago and it stank so bad I had to air out the house.

"...superior to the original" - joking? No rage intended your way, but the remake of Breathless is garbage. Unwatchable garbage. When I was fifteen I thought it was okay because I thought Valérie Kaprisky was adorable. I watched it again about four months ago and it stank so bad I had to air out the house.
Watch it again, and this time do it right.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
DVD's in my Library that haven't been mentioned as of yet

Power (1986)

No Mercy (1986)

Red Corner (1997)

The Hunting Party (2007)

Brooklyns Finest (2009)

He is a decent enough actor. Like HK, he is never really in anything I want to see, but I do like his turn in American Gigolo and Hoax. He does do a terrible irish accent though..

I think Gere has taken a lot of flack over the years from critics and the public alike and is one of our most underrated actors. I thought he was great in AN OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN, AMERICAN GIGOLO, PRETTY WOMAN, and PRIMAL FEAR. I think he should have received an Oscar nomination for UNFAITHFUL...I think he was amazing in that movie.Thanks for the reminder about INTERNAL AFFAIRS...he was very good in that.