Any NBA Basketball fans?

Tools    

I'd take Miami by default I suppose. Celtics underperformed against Toronto, while Miami overperformed against Milwaukee. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the Celtics make the finals though.

The trick is not minding
Celtics vs Lakers doesn’t have any appeal for me. This isn’t the 80’s, afterall.
Heat would provide an interesting layer considering they are Lebrons old team and nobody expected them to return any time soon without him.
I do like Boston’s coach though.

What the hell is the issue with the Clips? Too many mouths to feed? No natural point? Subpar in the middle? Strangely they're not great on D.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Somewhere in a quiet corner, Billy Crystal sobs.

Sorry Bill, this was spose’ to be your year.

What the hell is the issue with the Clips? Too many mouths to feed? No natural point? Subpar in the middle? Strangely they're not great on D.

Paul George...and Jokic is the real deal.

I'm actually pretty happy about this final four...rooting for Lakers/Heat as Butler and James are two of my favorite players and I think the series would be fantastic

As a long time Pacers fan, I think Paul George is cursed now since he s*** on our team haha NBA can't be happy about trying to prepare for a Miami-Denver Finals

I don't want LA because I think they're a bore but they're a bad matchup for Denver. I've been rooting against both LA teams because I don't like the whole superstar join up and control the narrative thing. I still like Boston but they're on a disturbing trend of playing iso late in tight games. They almost blew game 7 doing that and that's how they blew game 1. Dribble for 20 seconds and then force a tough shot wtf.

Two great games. Surprised Clippers lost. I also thought Boston gave that game away.
Yep and I don't know if it's youth or coaching but they often get complacent when things are going well. They start feeling good about themselves and stop playing the right way.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Yep and I don't know if it's youth or coaching but they often get complacent when things are going well. They start feeling good about themselves and stop playing the right way.
Seems to be the latest trend of trying to hit home runs instead of doing what made them successful. Of course, defenses change things up, but the strength of a team is not only adjusting, but also imposing their game (and will) against the opposition. It was a damn good game, but I thought Boston would win. I hope it goes to 7.

Looks like a Miami-LA Finals will be coming since the Lakers figured out their Game 1 woes haha

I'm unexpectedly anticipating the Finals very much now

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Looks like a Miami-LA Finals will be coming since the Lakers figured out their Game 1 woes haha

I'm unexpectedly anticipating the Finals very much now
I'm interested in how Boston responds. I think they have a lot of weapons where they could come back, but I think LA shouldn't have much trouble.

I'm not counting Boston out but it won't be easy with Miami playing so well. If the Celtics can play at their highest level and sustain it, they will win. They just haven't been doing it.

The trick is not minding
Boston is close to melting down. After blowing game 2, there was a loud argument in their locker room that lead to a late night meeting between Coach Stevens and his captains.
Though I think they’ll win game 3, I don’t think they’ll be able to rebound from this and win the series.
Which is good, despite liking Stevens.
I don’t need another nostalgic look at the rivalry between the Lakers and Celtics with images of Bird vs Magic.
Heat provides a more interesting subplot here, being James former team and all.

Boston is close to melting down. After blowing game 2, there was a loud argument in their locker room that lead to a late night meeting between Coach Stevens and his captains.
Though I think they’ll win game 3, I don’t think they’ll be able to rebound from this and win the series.
Which is good, despite liking Stevens.
I don’t need another nostalgic look at the rivalry between the Lakers and Celtics with images of Bird vs Magic.
Heat provides a more interesting subplot here, being James former team and all.
The fight they had is over blown. The only reason anybody knows about it is because they are playing in the bubble. That stuff happens all the time in Pro sports. It's interesting why you don't want a certain series. Personally I only care about how teams match up on the court.

The trick is not minding
The fight they had is over blown. The only reason anybody knows about it is because they are playing in the bubble. That stuff happens all the time in Pro sports. It's interesting why you don't want a certain series. Personally I only care about how teams match up on the court.
Overblown, possibly. I doubt it happens as often though, and it isn’t reported merely due to it being in the bubble. We’re now in the conference finals, so if others had happen similarly I’m sure we would have had heard of them in previous series in the first few rounds.
It seemed serious enough that it warranted a late night meeting, but that too could be overblown, I admit.
I also like matchups normally, but in this case I don’t see either team matching up well with the team the Lakers have bought.
James and Davis are both too good.
So I’ll just go with better storyline while waiting for the inevitable finals win for The Lakers.
Unless an upset occurs......

Overblown, possibly. I doubt it happens as often though, and it isn’t reported merely due to it being in the bubble. We’re now in the conference finals, so if others had happen similarly I’m sure we would have had heard of them in previous series in the first few rounds.
It seemed serious enough that it warranted a late night meeting, but that too could be overblown, I admit.
I guess it depends on what you mean by often. The reason you wouldn't have known about it had it not been in the bubble is the set up. They don't have the privacy of their locker room so everything is more out in the open for everyone to see. Look at the Patriot and Bulls dynasties, there were fistfights. The last Celtic championship team had players who hated each other. Happening all the time is what I hear current and former players saying.

I also like matchups normally, but in this case I don’t see either team matching up well with the team the Lakers have bought.
James and Davis are both too good.
So I’ll just go with better storyline while waiting for the inevitable finals win for The Lakers.
Unless an upset occurs......
If Boston can win then I hope they play the Lakers because I think they can beat them. They can wear out Lebron because there's nowhere for him to relax on defense.

If Miami wins I'd rather have Denver because they're a more fun team to watch.

Damn, that had to take the wind out of Denver. If they would have just shot better free throws down the stretch, they might have been able to avoid that game winner by Davis...