Martin Scorsese, super genius

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Yeah I guess. It's just if you compare it to a crime thriller like say High and Low (1963), I think movies back then new how to take their time compared to thrillers of today. I feel like maybe he is cutting for the 'MTV generation' as it's been called, or maybe that is incorrect of me to say?

Editing aside though, The Departed is probably my second favorite Scorsese movie still, after The Last Temptation of Christ.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
A mediocre director with a handful of great films, and lots of meh.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

A mediocre director with a handful of great films, and lots of meh.
Don't do this Minio. I like you. :'(

Don't do this Minio. I like you. :'(
Don't do what?
Call Scorsese mediocre, haha.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
He is. He's a solid filmmaker, but I respect him much more as a patron of the arts. He made some of these masterpieces more available/restored if I'm not mistaken.

He is. He's a solid filmmaker, but I respect him much more as a patron of the arts. He made some of these masterpieces more available/restored if I'm not mistaken.
He indeed has done a whole lot truly incredible work in the fields of restorations and increasing general awareness/accessibility of both actual independent American filmmakers and directors from every continent around the globe. And he's been doing ever since his started gaining momentum in the 70s

From Marty's Instagram, up in Northeast Harbor, Maine...

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Martin Scorsese is a great director and he has crafted a lot of iconic films.

The truth is in here
Who's That Knocking On My Door? never gets talked about enough. It gets recognized as a promising beginning to Scorcese's career, but it's one of my favorites of his films. The subject matter is so intriguing, and it has such a fascinatingly tragic and disturbing tone to it. J.R. is so strongly devoted to his Catholicism that he puts the blame on his love (She has no name, she's called Girl in the credits) for something she can't help. It really made an impact on me, and although I'm not sure if I would call it a masterpiece it most certainly is a great film.

⬆️ I’ve seen it. Not my favorite, but that’s okay.

Scorsese suddenly looks old in the IG photos above. Didn’t at first recognize him.

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
He not only perfected the gangster film, he also is probably one of the directors who had the most influence on film in general.

Welcome to the human race...
Apparently the dog he's holding in that picture is named Yeti and actually belongs to his daughter Francesca.

Cannes, here comes Marty...

-------------------------------------------------------------
Martin Scorsese’s Killers of the Flower Moon is Officially Headed to the Cannes Film Festival
Killers of the Flower Moon, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert De Niro, and more, is Martin Scorsese's first Cannes official selection since After Hours
By Mary Kate Carr for The A.V. Club

It’s official: Martin Scorsese is headed back to the Cannes Film Festival. His new Apple Originals film Killers of the Flower Moon was long suspected of being part of the lineup, but The Hollywood Reporter now confirms that the hotly anticipated drama will indeed have its world premiere at the esteemed French festival before it hits theaters in October 2023.

Scorsese’s last film to screen in official selection at Cannes was After Hours in 1985, for which he won the award for best director. He previously took home the Palme d’Or for best film for Taxi Driver. The venerated director’s latest entry is not yet confirmed for competition; the section will be announced with the rest of the festival lineup in mid-April.

Killers of the Flower Moon, adapted from David Grann’s book by ​​Scorsese and Eric Roth (Dune, A Star Is Born), is about a spate of serial murders of members of the Osage Nation in 1920s Oklahoma. It stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert De Niro, Lily Gladstone, Jesse Plemons, Brendan Fraser, Cara Jade Myers, JaNae Collins, Jillian Dion and Tantoo Cardinal, all of whom are expected to attend the festival alongside former Cannes judge Scorsese, per THR.

Though the full lineup has not yet been announced, there are already some buzzy selections on the menu for this year’s jaunt on the Riviera. Wes Anderson’s Asteroid City, which just debuted its star-studded first trailer, and Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny are both flying to France. The Weeknd’s controversial new series "The Idol" is also set to premiere out of competition. Ruben Östlund, who was recently nominated for Best Director at the 2023 Academy Awards and is himself a two-time Palme d'Or winner, will serve as president of the jury for this year’s festival.

Scorsese’s Killers of the Flower Moon, in partnership with Paramount Pictures, will have a limited theatrical release starting October 6th before opening wide on October 20th, sometime after which it will stream on Apple TV+. Cannes has clearly made peace with Apple because of its commitment to theatrical release, which is more than can be said for some other streamers we could name.

https://www.avclub.com/martin-scorse...ut-1850287442?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------