The OA (show)

Tools    

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
Couldn't find a thread for it.

A must-see show for fans of shows like Twin Peaks, 12 Monkeys, Lodge 49, Dark, etc.

Like all of those shows it subverts and plays with your expectations and the depth of the story increases and increases, with a lot of very well-crafted secrets and mysteries which you recognize more as you rewatch the show.

It's a show I highly recommend, deserves way more attention. Season two is better than the first season but both are intricately interwoven, the story basically keeps expanding. It's hard to talk about without spoilers.

WARNING: "Spoiler" spoilers below
Season one covers The OA's abduction experience in flashback which is a crucial aspect of the show, and her present time experiences with a small group of five in a small town called Crestwood, with her adoptive parents playing a supportive role in that season. Season two follows The OA and several other characters in the dimension of a character named Homer's NDE, where Homer doesn't remember The OA. The Season two finale and the hypothetical season three covers several characters in the world of a character named Scott's NDE where The OA doesn't remember Homer.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I watched the first ep, it was okay. I planned on maybe returning, then it got cancelled. I just have too many movies/shows to watch to give time to something that won't feel complete.

Suspect's Reviews

It started pretty slow, but I made it through the first season with a positive impression. Never made it around to season 2 yet, so I might based on your stating that it's better than the first. It does seem like it's lacking something though....presence, gravitas, something along that line

A system of cells interlinked
I watched the first ep, it was okay. I planned on maybe returning, then it got cancelled. I just have too many movies/shows to watch to give time to something that won't feel complete.
The real nail in the coffin was the Netflix contract that prohibited Marling from taking the show to a different network for five years. So, no sudden resurrection a la The Expanse.

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
It started pretty slow, but I made it through the first season with a positive impression. Never made it around to season 2 yet, so I might based on your stating that it's better than the first. It does seem like it's lacking something though....presence, gravitas, something along that line
Definitely recommend watching season two.

For context and without spoiling too much: it was never about "is she telling the truth" (which everyone theorized heavily about before season two came around), it is about which dimension she's in.

Season two is the best thus far, season one basically provides all the subtle foundations for which is expounded in season two. Season two also has a bigger budget and more experimental style.

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
The real nail in the coffin was the Netflix contract that prohibited Marling from taking the show to a different network for five years. So, no sudden resurrection a la The Expanse.
Yes this pisses me off so much

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
I watched the first season when it was new. It was pretty so-so and after the extremely stupid finale, I haven't felt the need to see more.
I would only agree if the show was only one season, that cliffhanger plays alot into a lot of subtle clues which are payed off in the season season.