Movie where kid is kidnapped and returned to this parents

Tools    

Okay, so I don't know everything about this movie, but it's killing me not knowing. It may be an 80's or 90's film. I know it's about a boy who was kidnapped and he is returned to his parents and he arrives to them by a bus? He looked to be maybe seven or eight or something and he has a lot of problems. He can't read, he acts out of anger easily, and he can't sleep on a proper bed, he has to move to the floor. At one point, they try to figure out if he can read or not and he had the book memorized and they gave him a new book and he couldn't read it. I don't know how he memorized it, but he did. He also may have set the house on fire at one point and the dad took their younger daughter away so the boy could get better and not hurt her. I know the ending is a scene between the mother and son in a barn or something with the father listening in on it, the boy is opening up about what happened to him while he was kidnapped and they're crying and hugging and stuff. I wanna say it's a lifetime movie? But I think I assume every movie like this is a lifetime movie, so I don't know.

There was a very similar TV movie called 'I know my first name is Steven'. It was quite a distressing story (based on Steven Stayner) - and the real life story and what happened after is even more traumatic, unbelievable and sad.

It's also called 'The Missing Years' in some parts of the world.

There was a very similar TV movie called 'I know my first name is Steven'. It was quite a distressing story (based on Steven Stayner) - and the real life story and what happened after is even more traumatic, unbelievable and sad.

It's also called 'The Missing Years' in some parts of the world.
I wish that were it. That's definitely one of my favorite movies by far, so I know that's not it. I have no clue what it could be. It's an old movie like I Know My First Name Is Steven. I just can't put my finger on it.

I've changed the thread title to be more descriptive, per the warning beneath the title field:

Also, thank you. I read your rules wrong, I thought you said put a captivating title like that. My bad!

freedom~empathy~peace
Might it have been a production from the UK that you saw? There's a TV Movie called 'The Fireboy' (1994) that has possibilities. I can't find any movie clips but, in the picture below, the actor on the left played the role of the foster-father (image NOT from The Fireboy).

Plot summary:
"....A troubled boy is reluctantly fostered by a hard-working woman. Her fears seem well founded when the boy starts a fire. But her daughter, who initially resents the intruder, discovers that he may not be to blame for his problems after all. Will the growing sympathy of his foster family be enough to stop the Fireboy from destroying them all?"