Godzilla: King of Monsters

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Michael Doughtery is officially directing the sequel to Gareth Edwards' 2014 take on Godzilla and the first casting was revealed. Millie Bobby Brown, aka Stranger Things' Eleven, has joined the cast:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/stranger...ns-godzilla-2/

This might just do nobody any good.
Here’s the Monarch Sciences website for some viral marketing...

http://www.monarchsciences.com

... but if you’re like me and are too lazy, here’s a rundown of the stuff on it:

https://screenrant.com/godzilla-2-mo...-every-secret/

Cool tidbits: Mothra is the basis for angels, Rodan’s been asleep inside a volcano and King Ghidorah is a living thunderstorm.

Oh, and this movie has a pretty impressive cast of disposable humans - Ken Watanabe and Sally Hawkins are back, Kyle Chandler and Vera Farmiga as Eleven’s parents, Bradley Whitford, Charles Dance, O’Shea Jackson Jr., Thomas Middleditch and Ziyi Zhang.

Beyond anything I expected, looks incredible, can't wait.

Yep.

Godzilla (2014) was boring.
Camera cuts when the action gets started and all... Skull Island was a vast improvement... funny, exciting, actually made you care...

This looks like they've taken a lesson from recent blockbusters and combined the spectacle with the monsters they're trying to portray.
Kudos to them, because the trailer looks awesome.

I hope Charles Dance is there for the sole purpose of delivering that line. He just appears at that opportune moment and then leaves immediately.

I hope Charles Dance is there for the sole purpose of delivering that line. He just appears at that opportune moment and then leaves immediately.

Noooooo!
Charles Dance is, next to McKellen and Stewart, the God of Shakespearean-turned-to-film. Dude is, like, a Leg End.
I hope he plays, like, 3/4 of the movie.

He’s the authority figure who can’t abide by this hippie nonsense of letting nature sort itself out.

Send the nukes!

Vera Farmiga goes monster crazy?

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
This looks great, but they always do. I just can't put myself through it again. Not gonna get excited. The Netflix anime is a prime example. Looks great, but so f'in hard to watch.

Eh.....

The broken family as a metaphor for the Monster universe is a bit on the nose. I also don't like that we don't have a villain or the concept seems a bit flimsy. This could be a huge step backwards from the Godzilla and Kong Skull Island films that I enjoyed.

The big advantage the film has is that the CGI looks top notch, and it certainly looks better than the other trailers that came out of Comic Con.

Looks alright, I guess. How anyone could even get a little excited for one of these tho is beyond me. They have been making these things twice as long as most of you have been alive. There is going to be absolutely nothing new here. Mothra is what? Almost 80 years old now? There will not be a shred of new ground here people.