53.42%
39 votes
Not that important
32.88%
24 votes
I don't drink
73 votes. You may not vote on this poll

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Don't drink, never been able to stand the taste of alcohol to be honest. Vile stuff.
What do you mean? With so many flavours and options, I don't understand your definition of "taste of alcohol".

What do you mean? With so many flavours and options, I don't understand your definition of "taste of alcohol".
It seems to have a very distinct taste to me, regardless of which kind, and I don't get on with it.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Then you're doing it wrong.
Alcohol makes me very sleepy. Used to drink a lot - specially during college years - amidst other things.

If I had life time supply of alcohol I would drink myself to death, but in mean time MoFos would read from me ranting about something I think is funny. (comment inspired after watching uninspired "Leaving Las Vegas" (disclaimer: you can switch words inspired and uninspired and the sentence doesn't lose any gravitas).

I dont know anything about medical mary j other than what some american friends told me which is it's a lot less resinous (different strain from the recreational) and shouldnt cause psychotic episodes. If your friend feels it brings on pnic attacks he/she should discuss with their doc.
I also dont understand how it can help as pain relief. I thought it caused hot and cold spots in the body which can be very uncomfortable.
Less resinous? Well honestly that just depends on the quality of the individual bud, not whether it's medicinal or otherwise. Medicinal marijuana is regulated by the government though, what you buy on the street is not so it may not be reliable quality if you're buying from a sketchy dealer.

My friend doesn't think the weed is what's causing the panic attacks, that is just something I learned from actually taking a course on substance use because I'm a social worker.

I don't know how it helps as a pain relief, in my experience it has actually made me more sensitive to pain. Maybe in other circumstances it can distract from the pain?

If by trigger you mean cause, there's no evidence of that.

My wife has a medical card so she's now able to get all her goodies at the local dispensary. She spends a fortune there.
No, by trigger I do not mean cause. I mean if you have latent mental illness genetically it can bring it out. If you don't, then no it won't necessarily cause it. However, if you do too much weed, yes it can damage your brain permanently causing mental illness. Weed is not harmless, as much as those raking in the dough would like you to believe.

She used to pay $140 an ounce for the average stuff. The expensive stuff was around $300 an ounce, but it wasn't a big difference for her. That was before legalization.

Now that she goes to the dispensary, I think she pays about $300 an ounce but she raves about the quality. She also gets edibles, vapes, and all kinds of other crap. She even has a doctor's note stating that she can smoke during work. The funny thing about that is that she's a clinician who works with drug addicts. She got a card for having a bad back.
Having a bad back is really not a great reason to smoke tons of weed... I think you should be a little more concerned and do more research. Just think about it logically. Consider what the drug does to the brain. I'm not just talking out of my butt, I have only taken one course on substance use so I'm still learning about it myself, but it's no laughing matter. I'm sure you love your wife and wouldn't want something to go wrong with her mental health. Just think about it and look into it deeper. It could really save her.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I did see a sign that said Drink Canada Dry, so I drove up there.
Laughing way more at this than I should be, earl.