Sad Songs Song Tournament

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
ROUND 3 - DAY 1:

B.B King - Worried Dream vs. Christina Perri - The Lonely

Katie Melua - The One I Love Is Gone vs. The Band Perry - If I Die Young

Unknown Artist - Knocking on Heaven's Door vs. Amália Rodrigues - Fado Português

Brenda Lee - The End Of The World vs. Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven

Billie Holiday - Gloomy Sunday vs. The Sundays - Wild Horses

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah vs. Black Sabbath - Solitude [Cathedral cover version]

Collective Soul - The World I Know vs. Ray Charles - A Song For You

Oasis - Cast No Shadow vs. Simon and Garfunkel - Sound of Silence

ROUND 3 - DAY 1:

Unknown Artist - Knocking on Heaven's Door vs. Amália Rodrigues - Fado Português

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah vs. Black Sabbath - Solitude [Cathedral cover version]

ROUND 3 - DAY 1:

It seems a lot different, this tournament, and the other thread. Does anyone else believe so? The sudden difference in taste, I do believe. Different players, different songs, different votes, etc . . . If I'm remembering accurately, some of you were hoping for a change like this. I haven't played a numerous amount of these yet, so maybe I am mistaken???

I will try to get these in a bit. Once I posted my votes late last night, this thing wouldn't start back up, so I am just now returning. I am showing this person here, a bunch of my favorite movies. I'll be up super late.
Cannot agree nor disagree as this is my first tournament. However I think the theme is very specific and personal to each one of us. We are somehow revealing out secrets here, bits of our personal history. Thats what make this tournament more engaging, interesting.

ROUND 3 - DAY 2:

Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over vs. Gary Jules – Mad World

Third Eye Blind - How's It Going to Be vs. Chris Stapleton - Daddy Doesn't Pray Here Anymore

A Great Big World, Christina Aguilera - Say Something vs. Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia

Imagine Dragons - Demons vs. Kevin Sharp - Nobody Knows

Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms (Alternate Link for U.S.) vs. Unknown Artist - Yesterday

R.E.M, - Everybody Hurts vs. James Brown - Mama's Dead

Mark Chesnutt - I'll Think of Something vs. A-Ha - Stay on these roads

Devil Doll - It Was Raining vs. Cesaria Evora - Sodade (Alternate Link for U.S.)

ROUND 3 - DAY 2:

Third Eye Blind - How's It Going to Be vs. Chris Stapleton - Daddy Doesn't Pray Here Anymore

A Great Big World, Christina Aguilera - Say Something vs. Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia

Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms (Alternate Link for U.S.) vs. Unknown Artist - Yesterday

Devil Doll - It Was Raining vs. Cesaria Evora - Sodade (Alternate Link for U.S.)
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

MC for the Great Underground Circus
ROUND 3 - DAY 2:

Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms (Alternate Link for U.S.) vs. Unknown Artist - Yesterday - I'm going out on a limb and suppose this is Beatle's "Yesterday"

Edit: it isn't.

Devil Doll - It Was Raining vs. Cesaria Evora - Sodade (Alternate Link for U.S.)[

Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms (Alternate Link for U.S.) vs. Unknown Artist - Yesterday - I'm going out on a limb and suppose this is Beatle's "Yesterday"[
That bough is going to break then LD cos although that is The Beatle's Yesterday, that's not the Beatles singing it .

MC for the Great Underground Circus
That bough is going to break then LD cos although that is The Beatle's Yesterday, that's not the Beatles singing it .
Right you are. well then, it's not the slower version neither. DireStraits it is then

ROUND 3 - DAY 2

ROUND 3 - DAY 2:

Imagine Dragons - Demons
vs. Kevin Sharp - Nobody Knows

Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms
(Alternate Link for U.S.) vs. Unknown Artist - Yesterday

ROUND 3 - DAY 2:

Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms vs. Unknown Artist - Yesterday

Devil Doll - It Was Raining vs. Cesaria Evora - Sodade

ROUND 3 - DAY 2:

Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over vs. Gary Jules – Mad World (Two great songs. Toughest choice in this round.)

Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms (Alternate Link for U.S.) vs. Unknown Artist - Yesterday (This is a great cover version of one of my favorite Beatles songs.)

Devil Doll - It Was Raining vs. Cesaria Evora - Sodade

We can't move on to Round 4 until all the votes are in for Round 3, so we'll leave the last two sets open for a day or two to let everyone vote, but if everyone hasn't voted by Monday night, we'll have to close Round 3 so we can move on to Round 4.

DAY 1 is still open for @Ðèstîñy and @Derek Vinyard to vote.

DAY 2 is still open for @christine, @Ðèstîñy, @Sarge and @Derek Vinyard to vote.

Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms (Alternate Link for U.S.) vs. Unknown Artist - Yesterday (This is a great cover version of one of my favorite Beatles songs.)
@gbgoodies If you haven't already checked, according to the vid originator it is Abfab Party Band* performing Yesterday (a quick comparison of the two does seem to confirm this) .... which means the track can be found on their album Romancing the 60's Love Mix which was released on 26th Jan 2010 (available on iTunes* if interested).

* I am in no way affiliated with nor have any financial interest in either Abfab Party Band or iTunes, this information has been provided free of charge purely as a public service

@gbgoodies If you haven't already checked, according to the vid originator it is Abfab Party Band* performing Yesterday (a quick comparison of the two does seem to confirm this) .... which means the track can be found on their album Romancing the 60's Love Mix which was released on 26th Jan 2010 (available on iTunes* if interested).

* I am in no way affiliated with nor have any financial interest in either Abfab Party Band or iTunes, this information has been provided free of charge purely as a public service

Thanks for the info. I'll listen to some more songs from this artist when I get a chance, and probably download some for my mp3 player.

@gbg I'll have to wait till later in day to vote , wait for me. Should be about 5 hours time.

I'm going to have to buy a deerstalker hat and a violin for our very own Holmes over there

I'm going to have to buy a deerstalker hat and a violin for our very own Holmes over there
Hey at least the poor track no longer has to go by the ignominious 'Unknown artist' moniker now. I think a deerstalker and violin might be a bit much for what was about six minutes work all told though ..... just the deerstalker will do .... size 7 1/2 btw

Hey at least the poor track no longer has to go by the ignominious 'Unknown artist' moniker now. I think a deerstalker and violin might be a bit much for what was about six minutes work all told though ..... just the deerstalker will do .... size 7 1/2 btw
I'll start saving up