Which is the best of the four classic Vietnam movies?

Tools    

Best of these four classic Vietnam movies?
19.51%
8 votes
Full Metal Jacket
51.22%
21 votes
Apocalypse Now
14.63%
6 votes
Platoon
14.63%
6 votes
Deer Hunter
41 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I don't like The Deer Hunter either.

Actually, I like all four of these films way less than most people. I don't regard any of them as masterpieces. But I think Apocalypse Now is the best.

By the way, today is Vietnam Veterans Day. It was established only five years ago by President Obama. March 29, 1973 was when the last U.S. troops officially left the country, forty-four years ago, today.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I like the one where they use Hendrix's version of "All Along the Watchtower" in the soundtrack. Which one is that?

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
What I was thinking too. Although it's not really a war film. It's more of a sports/drama/romance/action/historical/fiction/nonfiction/war/ film.

1. Apocalypse Now
2. Full Metal Jacket
3. The Deer Hunter
4. Platoon

Apocalypse Now, one of the all time great films.

Edit: Also, I feel that Forrest Gump is part of this discussion.

I like the one where they use Hendrix's version of "All Along the Watchtower" in the soundtrack. Which one is that?
It was a trick question - every answer is the right answer.

The first time an image of a helicopter descending on the Vietnamese jungle appears in a film, they appear to be bound by law to play the beginning of that song.

It was a trick question - every answer is the right answer.

The first time an image of a helicopter descending on the Vietnamese jungle appears in a film, they appear to be bound by law to play the beginning of that song.
Note: Before anyone starts fact-checking, allow me to admit that I have grossly exaggerated the ubiquitousness of this song in Vietnam War films in my quest to make a proverbial funny.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Given that I don't feel the weight of the Vietnam War [as a non-American] I usually give those kind of movies a pass.

However, The only movie out of the 4 I truly enjoy - despite that fact - is Apocalypse Now [both versions] because it's based on Conrad's "Heart of Darkness"; a book I am very fond of [I also would like to recommend the documentary "
"]