Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Tools    

I must say, I can't wait for this movie. The book was excellent -- hopefully so will the movie.

I agree, but I have heard rumors about this movie for the last 7 or so years, I will believe this movie is being made after they start shooting actual film, I mean come on the prospect of a hitchhiker movie has been floating around for at least 10 years

The Strongest Girl Alive
Oh I hope if they do make this movie, they'll do a better job then they did at that weird little series they made in the early 80's. it was based on the first two books (or maybe three, i don't remember). I loved the book so I think a movie would be a good Idea as long as they do it right.

i think I am about to make some folks VERY happy or potentially very sad.

Martin Freeman (Arthur Dent)
Mos Def (Ford Prefect)
Zooey Deschanel (Trillian)
Bill Nighy (Slartibartfast)
Sam Rockwell (Zaphod Beeblebrox)

Director:Garth Jennings

go here for more information
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by allthatglitters
i think I am about to make some folks VERY happy or potentially very sad....
Ah, just getting to see the new stuff in the script will be fun. (tho i can't really imagine the guy from the Office as Arthur to be honest. I guess i'm just too attached to the voice of that guy that played him in the radio and tv series)

Originally Posted by Golgot
Ah, just getting to see the new stuff in the script will be fun. (tho i can't really imagine the guy from the Office as Arthur to be honest. I guess i'm just too attached to the voice of that guy that played him in the radio and tv series)
Hmm I don't get 'The Office' because the only time I get BBC is when it's on like at three o'clock in the morning...do you have any idea if I can get the radio versions on a tape or cd somewhere?

is anyone else worried that they're going to americanize this movie, one of the things I liked about the books and especially the radio series is british accents and the british expressions and ways of saying things that might sound kind of funky coming out of zooey's or mos's mouths, do you think they will have accents, or americanize the script?

I don't believe it will be "Americanized" to SOME extent. I mean the only character that was TRULY British was Arthur Dent. Trillian was possibly, but the rest of the characters were from Space. I like the actors they have set to play in it. I have questions about Mos Def being Ford, but the directors, I believe, know what their doing.

According to sources, the script is pretty good, and the jokes are still in there.

I, for one, will be there the day it opens. I just hope the HGTTG fans are enough to make this movie a success, and possibly bring on the sequels.

-*FivemagicS*-

Why am I here?
Originally Posted by fivemagics
I don't believe it will be "Americanized" to SOME extent.
Considering it's now a Bristish film, I don't think that'll be a problem...

Adam & Joe would make the best Arthur Dent, and Ford Prefect...

Oh, I've got the radio show on Mp3 CD http://www.bbcshop.com/invt/05634942...=icat,4,,8,101 I picked it up in Borders, they sell it in most big book/cd stores.

Sic Networks

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by allthatglitters
Hmm I don't get 'The Office' because the only time I get BBC is when it's on like at three o'clock in the morning...do you have any idea if I can get the radio versions on a tape or cd somewhere?
The radio tapes of Hitch? You can probably get them from Amazon UK. (i've got them out from the library in the past over here, but i guess they're something of a national institution )

I tend to agree - Simon Jones IS Arthur Dent to so many people, but I think Martin Freeman can pull it off.

I have heard some totally barking casting rumours though, that make me want to hold my head between my hands and scream "Noooooooooo..."

Does anyone know if there's any truth in the rumour that Jim Carrey will play Zaphod?

My favorite book EVER. I am so eager to see how this will turn out. I think Martin Freeman has a lot of potential to do a good Arthur.

The Strongest Girl Alive
I am totally looking forward to it but they gotta do it right! the jokes are only good if there delivered right!

Why am I here?
Sam Rockwell as Zaphod would work really well I think...

It was a boring conversation anyway
I started reading the books after eading this post, they struck me so much that they are the best books ever wrote and I love them.

Originally Posted by WelshBint
Does anyone know if there's any truth in the rumour that Jim Carrey will play Zaphod?
If that rumor was true I would of thrown myself off the nearest bridge/building. Oh, and I don't know if this has been covered yet but Amazon.com does have the Radio Series.

Does anybody but me think that Pink Floyd would be the perfect band for this movie? I mean the first thing that came to my mind when I was reading the book was "Darn, I wish I had some Pink Floyd to listen to."

Lord of the Idiots!
A teaser trailer has been psudo-released and found its way to the web.

http://hitchhikermovie.free.fr/pages/trailer.html

I think its a great teaser. Im making my way through the books now, and loving it.

Lord of the Idiots!
Oh, and if you go to the official website, www.hitchhikersmovie.com, they have some prototype footage of Marvin, looking absolutely nothing like I imagined him.

It's also funny to think that Zaphod (Rockwell) and Ford (Mos Def) are cousins... Just the contradiction Adams would have wanted