DVD Deals!

Tools    

It was beauty killed the beast.
Kong decided we here at MoFo needed a thread dedicated to cheap but good DVDs. This thread isn't intended to list crap like Mr. Nice Guy; the point is to list stuff that is worth having in a collection and that can be purchased for under $10.

This first post will be the "Master List"; please post titles and prices for items you think Kong should put onto the Master List and Kong will edit the post to include it if he deems it worthy.

Newest listings appear in red.

Walmart
Cotton Club - $7.50
The Manchurian Candidate - $7.50
Much Ado About Nothing $7.50
The Producers - $7.50
Red River - $7.50
Shane - $5.88 (Pan and Scan. Unfortunately a widescreen version isn't available.)
Some Like It Hot - $7.50 (Not the Special Edition)

www.DeepDiscountDVD.com
The Apartment - $9.12
Blood Simple - $9.35
Body and Soul (1937) - $9.96
Dark City/Coma - $9.89 (2 Films for under $10! Coma is supposed to be mediocre though.)
Fahrenheit 451 - $9.35
Glengarry GlenRoss - $7.97
He Walked By Night - $9.12
Marty - $9.12
Mulholland Dr - $9.35
Night of the Hunter - $9.36
Paths of Glory - $9.36
Pi - $9.96
Quills - -$7.18
Quiz Show - $6.30
Requiem for a Dream - $9.96
Sorry, Wrong Number - $9.36
The Sweet Smell of Success - $9.36
Tigerland - $6.89
Tom Jones (1963) - $9.12
12 Angry Men (1957) - $9.36
12 Monkeys - $9.35
West Side Story - $9.12 (Not the Collecters Set)
Witness for the Prosecution - $9.12

At Wal-Mart today I saw The Matrix for $5.88, also Excorcist III which I got. And awhile back I got Dark City for $5.99 (i think) at Best Buy.

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
At Wal-Mart today I saw The Matrix for $5.88, also Excorcist III which I got. And awhile back I got Dark City for $5.99 (i think) at Best Buy.
Kong thinks The Matrix pricing was probably a mistake (can anyone confirm this?). Kong never saw Exorcist III and it's IMDb score is too low for Kong to add it too the list. The Dark City deal must have passed, because Kong can't find any online retailers with a price under $10.

Kong has added a few new ones though. New listings will be in red for about a week or so.

Originally Posted by Kong
Kong thinks The Matrix pricing was probably a mistake (can anyone confirm this?). Kong never saw Exorcist III and it's IMDb score is too low for Kong to add it too the list. The Dark City deal must have passed, because Kong can't find any online retailers with a price under $10.

Kong has added a few new ones though. New listings will be in red for about a week or so.

Looks like Kong spoke too soon about Dark City! It's about to be release as a two-pack with Coma, and it can be pre-ordered from www.deepdiscountdvd.com for $9.89!

I saw Paradise Road at Wal-mart for 5.88...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I would say that the Matrix pricing was a mistake Kong, but they had like 10 copies in that bin. I was highly confused. Also Wal-Mart had Falling Down for $7.88

Vanilla Sky, Wal-Mart, 7.50

I just got Standing in the Shadows of Motown, Creepshow, and Assault on Precinct 13 at Wal-Mart for $5.50 each. My dad got Saturday Night Fever for $4.88!