"The cowards and liars who have shamelessly attacked my character"

Tools    

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
...Rinse repeat-rinse repeat...
He's good to go, and yet...

Man of La Movies
Sorry to get involved here...i'm relatively new here, so I don't know the WHOLE story, but I've been reading along in this whole feud, so I'm going to add my 2 cents even if it's not wanted. Dark Horse/DJango, if you hate it so much here, then why do you persist in staying? The only reason I can think of is that you love to hear/see your own thoughts, whether they're sane or complete lunacy(I'm not here to judge which they are).

In terms of your threat of litigation, I hate to say, but I don't think you have much of a case...yes, things may have been said that aren't quite nice, but this probably hasn't hurt you all that much, if at all, in the real world. I'm sure you haven't lost a job or friends because of what people have said about you on a movie message board. The whole screenname thing gives you that degree of anonymity that helps to prevent that sort of "outing." And from what I can tell, few on this board had that high of an opinion of you to start with. I don't see many people stepping up to defend you. As admin of this site, Chris/Yoda has right to create the rules as he likes. I've been on here less than a year, but I think he's a pretty fair admin.

so I have to ask again, if you're so unhappy, don't continue to argue, just go...and if not, just suck it up because I don't think the regulars here are going to change their opinions of you...to keep arguing this same point over and over again is a waste of your time...you're not going to prevail in this one...sorry, man.

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart

My Reputation: Holy Crap, I'm Well thought of!!!?? I think we're going a little far here??

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by django
Examples of such provocation include having my posts deleted or altered by people with admin privileges, being personally attacked and insulted when attempting to discuss the issues, having my words distorted and misquoted, being antagonized, being ambushed with negative rep points for trivial reasons, having MoFo members blow up at me and start attacking me for trivial reasons... etc., etc. Please don't tell me that all of this has not been orchestrated by you!
Ladies and gentlemen: paranoia.

You mean you weren't at the 'Ambush Django' meeting? Chris laid on cup cakes and everything.

So am i. He was naked when he laid on the cupcakes. It was unwholesome.

The roman divans were a nice touch tho

Originally Posted by samq79
Sorry to get involved here...i'm relatively new here, so I don't know the WHOLE story, but I've been reading along in this whole feud, so I'm going to add my 2 cents even if it's not wanted. Dark Horse/DJango, if you hate it so much here, then why do you persist in staying? The only reason I can think of is that you love to hear/see your own thoughts, whether they're sane or complete lunacy(I'm not here to judge which they are).
I am glad you responded because I was just going to keep my mouth shut because I promised myself I would not directly respond to anything MR. D. has to say. However you have given me a loophole, I will respond to your thread and thus hopfully shed a little light on the enigma of this man. You are right when you say you do not know the whole story, I also do not know the whole story because it started before I got here. What I do know is this: I have met in person and via other means people like Mr. D. They have a goal that is inspired by something lacking in their own life. Now I am not in anyway saying I am better than him, far from it, Hell I may even be worse. But I do know that my own ideals and beliefs are not the end all and be all of everything. I have learned to bend and even break my personal policies of life and how I live it. Life is ever changing and what was true yesterday may not be fact today, if indeed it ever was. I knew better than to take Psychiatry as a major in college as I first wanted to because, well I would have been my own best patient. Instead I took philosophy which has allowed me to see things from different angles and made my pockets a bit more emptier than they would have been. So I am not trying to be a cut-rate shrink because well that is not me. I will offer some information (bad as it may be) to MR D. however: A lot of times in life the chaos and grief that causes you the most pain, be it physical or mental is caused by ones own actions or unbending ideals. You thrive in the midst of anarchy because it allows you to let loose without having to feel guilty about doing so. You take disagreements as a personal affront to your being, not because you believe them to be meant as such, but because you want them to be meant as such. The confedracy you have made yourself believe is in fact nothing more than heated debate at best. You know all of this and choose to live with it because you enjoy the firestorm over complancey. It is a demon worse than alcohol and sticks to your shoulder like a monkey covered in Krazy Glue. It twines with every fiber of your being and to tear it out would be akin to reaching down your own throat and pulling out your guts. I know because I live with it everyday and have made great steps in controlling it, but it will always be there because it is a part of who we are. Step back and take into account everything you have said and what others have said, and not just here on MOFO, because if I had to guess your own life parallels your thoughts here. I know you have the intellect to see what I am saying is true. Do you have the guts to do anything about it though?

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by darkhorse
Believe me, it is. If you post defamatory remarks about me in an attempt to publicly smear me and ruin my reputation, there is every reason to litigate. That is exactly what you and your friends have been doing in here, so please drop the pathetic charade.
I have explained this to you before. You have absolutely no RIGHT to be on this forum. It is a PRIVILAGE, simple as that.

Remember my free speech analogy? People in this country have a right to free speech, to be sure, but that doesn't mean the KKK can go hold a rally at an NBA basketball game (surely, a public gathering place). It just isn't their forum, and, MoFo is not YOUR forum. It is not MY forum. There are RULES to follow. It belongs to one Mr. Chris Bowyer, who is nice and kind enough to put time, money, resources, and energy into running a FREE movie forum for all of us to use. He sets the rules, and you either follow them, or leave.

So, I will tell you what. I am all for you attempting litigation in this matter. I think it will make for GREAT comedy. Let me demonstrate, with a work of pure fiction, from my work addled mind:

EST : Courtroom, Daytime
A judge sits on the bench, surveying his courtroom, a fat cigar hangs from his mount. The judge slowly chews the cigar as the counsel prepares to present.

Judge
Let's get this show on the road. Prosecution, please state your case.

Darkhorse
I am prosecuting, your honor, and I am representing myself, as I feel the elements of the case are strong enough to proove, without a doubt, that I was slandered and defamed on the world wide web site, Movieforums.com.

A Real Lawyer
Objection. Who the hell is this darkhorse character?

Darkhorse
Well, that is the alias name I use on the web site. See, everyone uses alias names, like many internet forums.

Judge
But, Sir, isn't your name (add real name here, which we don't know, because you use an alias)?

Darkhorse
Well...yes Sir, it is, but I..

Judge
You will address me as "your honor" in this courtroom Sir..

Darkhorse
Oh, yes, Sorry your honor, that is my real name, but on the site I am known as Darkhorse, well, I am now anyway.

Judge
Now?

Darkhorse
Well...yes, see, I ...Well I have changed my alias a few times, because I have been banned from the site in the past, and I wanted to keep logging in, so I created a new account.

Judge
Sir, isn't this a slander case? How did people who don't actually know who you really are, or for that matter, don't know a single thing about you, at all, Slader you?

Darkhorse
They said I was an asshat. One even called me an assclown, and I hate that.

Judge
An Asshat... and that led to you losing some time at work or... sorry, not seeing where the slader is playing into the whole scenario here. Who exactly Slandered who??

Darkhorse
Oh, that's easy, a lot of them did it. Golgot is really bad, oh! and Yoda.

Judge
Yoda? You mean, the little green man from Star Wars?

Darkhorse
Oh no, not really Yoda from Star Wars (chuckles). He just calls himself that on the site. he owns the site as well. Remember, I said everyone uses alias names.

Judge
But Sir... Who was slandered? It can't have been you, as like you just stated, everyone uses alias names, so none of these people really know who any of the other people are, right? I mean... come to think of it, how do I know you are this Darkhorse character, you identification doesn't say anything about any Dark Horse. Or Asshats or clowns for that matter.

Darkhorse
Oh, it is me, trust me, they wouldn't rag on anyone else that way, only Django.

Judge
Django? The cowboy guy from the movie?

Darkhorse
No, I'm Django

Judge
What? Your name is (again, insert your name here, because WE DON'T ACTUALLY KNOW WHO YOU ARE).

Dark Django
Sir, I mean, your honor, Django was my old username, before I got banned for disrupting the site, people really called me asshat then, it was wicked bad.

Judge
Sir, I need you to establish how it was YOU sir, that was defamed and slandered. I must also tell you, it is not illegal to call someone an asshat, online or in person. You did know that didn't you?

Horse Dangles
But, your honor, it caused me distress.

Judge
In what way? Did you experience medical problems?

Dangles
Oh, for sure. I'm dispeptic, and my stomach bothers me something fierce. After reading the posts, I could have **** through a keyhole at three hundred yards. I mean, I did eat a burrito supreme from Taco Bell, but I doubt that was it. I was tormented terribly by Travis Bickle.

Judge
From Taxi Driver??
...Oh..the alias thing again

Gaseous Djangles
Right! Man, you are really getting it now. See what they did to me??

Judge
Sir, I just don't see how you were slandered, as you yourself admitted, none of these people really know who any of the other people really are.

Darkbum
But, that doesn't matter, your honor, it is a public forum, and they hurt my feelings.

Judge
I thought you said this Chris Bowyer, aka Yoda owned the site.

Djangtastic!
He does, but it is a public site.

Judge
Sir, either he owns it, or it is a public site, it can't be both. Is he affiliated with the government?

Django
No Sir, people from the public are allowed to sign up and post, so it must be public. The owner is responsible for all the content on the site and how it affects the public.

Judge
Well, that isn't exactly how things work...

Depressed, defeated Djangles
Judge, I think you are trying to defame me, you keep disagreeing with me, and that is a personal attack on my very character, I want to press charges.

Judge
Against me?

Darkhat
Yes, you don't see my point of view, and haven't agreed even once that Travis Bickle and Yoda were teaming up with Project Mayhem and The Big Lebowski to try and throw my raquetball game off. Hey!! did you see that??? There were crabs..

Judge
Um, crabs?

Django the Mad
Yes crabs, damn you!! There were two of them, they always work in pairs. They were trying to edit the court transcript to make me look like an ass captain. One of them had a picture of George Bush, and the other had a potato gun full of of weighted raquet balls. No wonder I lost today! I hate crabs.

Judge
Uhhhhh

Django
Oh, so you are in league with them, eh? I knew it! I'm suing this courtroom! By not agreeing with my view of the situation, you have attacked my character, and made me look like an asshat in front of a bunch of strangers who don't give a rat's ass what I think or do! Also, it has become clear to me that there is a conspiricy between the legal system of this country, and the hermit crabs with the beards and the potato guns. How dare the sea creatures rise up against me on my day of need! I'm suing the ocean!

Judge
Balif...

Defense Lawyer
I have no questions or counter argument, your honor

Judge
Case Dismissed

The preceeding has been a work of fiction. Any and all similarity to actual events, places, or people, is purely coincidental.

So, yeah...this thread is getting really silly, so I thought I would add more silliness. You can sue me if you want, well, except that you have NO idea who I am, really. Sedai? That was a character from a book, maybe you can sue Robert Jordan, who wrote the book. He hates crabs, too.

Originally Posted by 7thson
I love a good court room drama, that was fun.

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Wasn't Johnny Cash a man named Sue????
Had he been slandered on mofo????
Right, enough of the mad cow juice for me, I'm off to sue Uwe Boll for being the worst director ever and stealing 90 minutes of my life!!!!

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Originally Posted by Golgot
It is all a bit mean, but it seems to be the last tactic available to 'change' your behaviour. At least if you're not here you can't annoy anyone, and they can't take their annoyance out on you.
The same applies to you. If you get out of here, you won't be around to annoy me either. So what's your point? At least I don't resort to the Stalinist tactic of stabbing my opponents in the back simply because I happen to disagree with them!

As for 'losing' that particular argument, yes, i bow before the mighty logic of your 'tyre-slashing-is-as-bad-as-killing-people' argument
Interesting you should mention that. Check out this link for some up-to-the-minute news about ecoterrorism and then try again to justify your absurd position that it's all just "tire-slashing"! And check out this quote from the above article:
The FBI says ecoterrorism is the most widespread and damaging form of domestic terrorism.
What do you have to say to that searing indictment of your defense of ecoterrorism? Worse than the bombing of abortion clinics perhaps? It might appear so!

The above example demonstrates why discussing valid issues is next to impossible with you. You'll descend into the most farcical postitions to avoid ever having to reassess or decently-justify your weaker arguments. This makes it so much harder to advance discussions on complex topics.
Farcical, did you say? Try saying that again!

I'd love to 'lose' some substantiated-debates with your well-meaning self, because that way i'd have learnt something, and i'd have a more accurate view of the world, i would hope. In other words, by losing, i'd win
You've already lost this one, dude! Sorry to make you aware of that sad fact!

I really think you should consider adopting a similar approach to debating, and even to reacting to personal-criticism, where possible. Otherwise, i don't see any other positive route forwards than the re-enforcement of your ban. (Yods's choices on the matter sum it up pretty sweetly)
Exactly my point--lose an argument, and the refrain is "ban him!" I would call that a pretty Orwellian approach to debating!

If you didn't make everyone repeat this stuff so often, it wouldn't get to the point of being patronising -
You are patronizing because you are ignorant. In my experience, the more ignorant someone is, the more patronizing they tend to be. There is, I would venture to say, a direct correlation between a person's ignorance and their propensity to be patronizing. Truly enlightened people are never patronizing.

Originally Posted by Sedai
I have explained this to you before. You have absolutely no RIGHT to be on this forum. It is a PRIVILAGE, simple as that.

Remember my free speech analogy? People in this country have a right to free speech, to be sure, but that doesn't mean the KKK can go hold a rally at an NBA basketball game (surely, a public gathering place). It just isn't their forum, and, MoFo is not YOUR forum. It is not MY forum. There are RULES to follow. It belongs to one Mr. Chris Bowyer, who is nice and kind enough to put time, money, resources, and energy into running a FREE movie forum for all of us to use. He sets the rules, and you either follow them, or leave.
Your play was fun to read--a comedy of errors, with little or no basis in fact. Like I said, I am in no way attempting to invade Yoda's forum. Rather, I object to all the slanderous material he has posted in this forum about me. If it was all anonymous, it wouldn't matter, but he has used a real name in here. At the very least, Yoda should delete mention of any real names. This may be Yoda's private little forum where he makes up his own rules and bans people, censors ideas and controls things as he pleases. Every man has the right to be the absolute ruler in his little corner of the world, however grim, gloomy or gruesome that corner might be! However, if that person begins to publish (or, at least, implicitly endorse the publication of) offensive, derogatory and slanderous material about someone else, that fact tends to override all the other fictitious issues you might have raised in your courtroom drama. I believe that, whatever the history associated with my presence on this forum might be, it does not justify maligning my (real) name--that is punishable by law and it is a real concern for me. I would be happy to demonstrate my case in a court of law, and believe me, I have a strong enough case to warrant going to court about (of course, as an extreme measure). Also, I wouldn't be so foolish as attempt to argue my case myself! You can be sure that a qualified lawyer will be representing me!

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
No qualified lawyer would represent you.
You don't have the fart of a ghost of a snowball's chance in Hell of a case.
Funny, funny, but you're wrong!

Your not listening to what I have to say........................... take a deep breath and grease that monkey.......I am serious...your addiction needs a frozen turkey.

Originally Posted by Django
At least I don't resort to the Stalinist tactic of stabbing my opponents in the back simply because I happen to disagree with them!
Mate, i disagree with your approach, regardless of whether i'm aligned with your point of view or not.

But throw as many spurious dictator-comparisons around as you like, by all means.

Interesting you should mention that. Check out this link for some up-to-the-minute news about ecoterrorism and then try again to justify your absurd position that it's all just "tire-slashing"! And check out this quote from the above article:
What do you have to say to that searing indictment of your defense of ecoterrorism? Worse than the bombing of abortion clinics perhaps? It might appear so!

1) Even when you lump all 'ecoterrorism' together, their worst crimes amount to property destruction and threatening behaviour, whereas anti-abortion-extremists have killed numerous people and attempted many more murders (on top of arson, threatening behaviour etc)

2) Anti-GM and anti-animal-testing groups are responsible for almost all the violent end of 'ecoterrorism'. Global-warming extremists are generally associated with more benign activity, like 'tire-slashing'.

The topic was 'what actions and claims can be justified by Global-Warming science'.

You were over-generalising and making inane and innacurate comparisons. Again.

Farcical, did you say? Try saying that again!
Fine. Your position is so over-generalised as to be absolutely ridiculous.

This applies to much of your behaviour too