The MoFo Movie Club

Tools    

Ta-da! Okay, so it's not such a huge change, but seeing as so many MoFos have put time and effort into the Movie Club, I thought it should be formally recognized and supported with its own area on the site:

The MoFo Movie Club

You can find it conveniently located where the long-dormant News/Blog button was up in the header. This means that all of the buttons lead to current, functioning areas again. I know, amazing, right?

Anyway, at the moment its just a way to bring more attention to the Movie Club, and put it all in one place. From the new page, you can see recent comments and vote for the next selection. Expect some new features sometime in the near future aimed at organizing things further.

Big thanks to Dave for all the effort he's put into the Movie Club. And a big thanks to everyone who has helped organize and participated in it over the years. You've all done such a great job with it, and it's so cool to see something members started on your own on a whim grow into a regular feature. This new area is for you guys, and I think it's going to grow and evolve into a really fun feature when all's said and done.

Nice one Yoda, think i'm even gonna be able to use the last one as part of my cult fan online research essay!

One small thing, i voted on the poll and i'm guessing where the results should be, there's an error box. Something about thumb missing, and then says a url for here doesn't exist....

Can you take a screenshot of the error? That'd go a long way towards helping me fix it. Sorry for the inconvenience!

EDIT: the above certainly goes for anyone else who has similar problems, as well. Please don't hesitate to send me bug reports; I'd love to iron these issues out as soon as possible!

Nah, can't, sorry Yoda. Already voted in the poll so link isn't there, though the results are so don't know if that means problem solved.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
oh, sweet! i hope the Assasination of Jesse James stays in the lead for next month. i've always wanted to be in a movie club. i'll feel like such a nerd belonging to one, but you're all a bunch of nerds anyway. hooray!

The People's Republic of Clogher
Ahhhh, the special area finally goes live. God bless her and all who sail in her!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I don't think the voting thing worked for me....

Suspect's Reviews

Can you PM me the specifics? I'd like to track down whatever bugs there are, but obviously I'll need a lot more information to figure out what's wrong.

Okay, figured out what was wrong with the voting. Forgot to change a URL somewhere, is all. Good news is the only problem was that it was redirecting ya'll to the wrong page. All votes were properly recorded. Redirection should be fixed now, too, though. Thanks to everyone for reporting the problem.

Okay, I know it's brand new and all, but I've just finished reworking the Movie Club page. It's mostly just a reorganization to make room for the Movie Club Archive page, so people can easily browse through past Movie Club discussions.

There might be a few more changes in store, as well. I've talked to Dave about establishing some sort of calendar/timeline for these, so that people can start to expect them and get a sense of the time of each cycle.

That said, the MoFos have spoken and it looks like The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford is next on the docket. Should make for an interesting discussion.

Randomly visiting for now
oooh this is such a great idea! Perhaps i'll drop in next month and check it out proper. Still trying to work out how it all works but yeah seems pretty straight forward. Where does everyone discuss? Just in a thread call "Movie Club - April" or something like that?

Thank you it is so cool

Just a quick note; I modified the Movie Club page to display not the most recent comments in the current Movie Club thread, but the highest rated (by rep points, of course).

This might be fairly useless in the early-goings of any Movie Club discussion, so I'll probably set it to display the most recent until the thread's been up for a few days; possibly as long as a week. I presume everyone's okay with this change, but I just thought I'd mention it anyway.

If any of you have a reason why this feature should not be implemented permanently, speak now, or forever hold your peace.

This is from another thread...
I'm not sure they'd want it running this fast, but I'll look into helping them. If it's just one person running it, then they are probably busy.
I know this sounds a little presumptive coming from a person that's been here a month, but I CAN HELP! If you need any graphics or write-ups, I could do it. I'd love to contribute to the site somehow.

That is all.