Music... Help!

Tools    

I'm currently editing a documentary for my friends about our last spring break. I took the camera all over with us and now I'm working on putting all the footage together. To get to the point though, i need help with the music. I have used things like goo goo dolls, and O.A.R, which is good for the body of the tape, and for the end I was thinking about using something like "where are you going" by dave matthews, but i need more music! anyone have any ideas on music for the body thats good, or for the end?! thanks!

Randomly visiting for now
Depends what kind of ending you want

heh i'll see what i can think up to help you out just looking at your taste by the artists you chose above.

For a sad reflective ending "time of your life"- Green Day but that song has been overplayed everywhere so maybe not.

A feel good ending could use "Save tonight" by Eagle Eye Cherry. You know that song? It goes "Save tonight....and fight the break of dawn....come tomorrow....tomorrow i'll be gone".

Are you into more heavy rock at all? There's some new acoustic stuff by the Foo Fighters that's pretty cool. Check out "My hero" or "everlong".

If you want a really sad ending hit up Mad World by Gary Jules. Or maybe a song by Damien Rice, i like "The Blower's Daughter". Not sure if you've heard of him though.

I'm a bit of a music nut so if those don't suit give me a new slant on what you're going for and i'm sure i'll be able to come up with something

Mac, like Gummo said it's hard to know what to say when we have no footage or even a storyline. What kind of feeling or emotion are you trying to get?

I guess it depends on the mood you're trying for, and as others have said, it depends on the footage.

Being an old guy, I like some of the "classics."
The first thing that sprang to mind for the body was something up tempo like Creedence Clearwater Revival (specifically "Hey Tonight" and "Up Around The Bend").

Rancid's "Ruby Soho" might work. Or it might not.

For the ending, I just finished watching The Last Waltz for the umpteenth time, and perhaps "Forever Young" might be a good choice.