Myspace?

Tools    

I started one when I was in Florida to keep up with lifelong friends in CT. I use it sometimes, mostly to keep track of impending social events, births, and stuff.

I find it sometimes funny and very disturbing what people will post to the world. I have always lived my life in a semi-private way, only hinting about my personal beliefs and interpersonal relationships. Where I am willing to openly discuss some things in a public forum, others are meant for one-on-one discussion with someone I trust.

I haven't done much in the way of "looking" around myspace but some of the things I have heard remind me of early LiveJournal. Yes there is the voyeuristic aspect of viewing the seedier side of peoples psyche but now it seems like people are just trying to outdo each other on the "shock-o-meter." I'm pretty darn Liberal and have acceptance in my head and my heart for everyone regardless of how F'd up the world sees them, but I cant get over the blatant display some people put on seemingly to get attention.

Not that I don't understand it, sometimes it just seems a bit too much.

I do think there is a certain aspect of "There but by the grace of God go I." Most of us have the potential on some level of being deviant little sex monkeys, I just don't wanna know about it till I know you better
"You have to believe in God before you can say there are things that man was not meant to know. I don't think there's anything man wasn't meant to know. There are just some stupid things that people shouldn't do." -David Cronenberg

I started using myspace when I got tired of Xanga, I used it mostly for blogging but then I added my friends and I now use it as a place to keep in touch with people I don't see often. I don't do the whole "friend whoring" thing, I've seen some people with thousands of friends and I'm not into it. I only add people I actually want to talk too.

Originally Posted by Tragiccity619
I started using myspace when I got tired of Xanga, I used it mostly for blogging but then I added my friends and I now use it as a place to keep in touch with people I don't see often. I don't do the whole "friend whoring" thing, I've seen some people with thousands of friends and I'm not into it. I only add people I actually want to talk too.
I really do believe that most people use it exactly that way. The exceptions, unfortunately, have become the rule as far as the media and conventional wisdom are concerned.

Originally Posted by Tragiccity619

I tend to do a little weeding every now and again

Your profile pic is great!

yup www.myspace.com/147106941

In Australia we have a radio show called "The Benchwarmers" who are a duo of talented and funny guys who have recently created a myspace page. They are trying to get more "Friends" than another page Quizmania (a late night poor excuse for a tv show). So please go to www.myspace.com/antandbecks and add them as a Friend and then after adding them post the comment "Da Naisy Sent Me", Im going to monitor how many people I get to add. Please post this on every forum, every bulletin, every blog you can find! if you dont fairy's will break your legs and curse you with bad luck or whatever it is they say on spam to get you to do it. Im hoping to get a mention on national radio if all goes well. So c'mon do it for me! and do it for your (well ok my) country! They wont spam you and after a few weeks you can delete them, im just trying to win me radio prizes....*sniff* I love the smell of spam in the mornings

I deleted mine about two weeks ago. Too much drama. Too much obsessive checking up on people. And too many messages from crazy and very trashy girls.

Randomly visiting for now
And too many messages from crazy and very trashy girls.
I'm guessing they're not friends of yours then. I sometimes get adds from half naked girls (that's what you mean yeah?) but I know they just want to spam my page with their adverts and while sometimes I get fooled thinking I might know them. You can usually tell by the way they look at the camera. All my friends look cheery in their photos whereas these girls look......yeah trashy

The Fabulous Sausage Man
I prefer Facebook. It's less messy and it's better for catching up with people you knew in the past.

Aaaaah, I give up.

http://www.myspace.com/billyweee

I finaly jumped on the myspace bandwagon. Not one member of my family lives in the same state as I do so I decided to create a page to be able to post pics. so my family can see waht I've been up to! If any of you mofo's want to leave me a comment, do it here! www.myspace.com-173163046