Star Wars: Episode III

Tools    

I think cute is hardly the word my friend.
And found he was eating his shoe.

Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
I think cute is hardly the word my friend.
That is cute you calling me friend

Originally Posted by jrs
I talked to someone today at Cinemark who is a die-hard Star Wars fan...he says the Revenge of the Sith is
and 10x better than The Empire Strikes Back !!!
Some guys from Alias Wavefront, who worked on the movie as well as other big movies like Spiderman and The Incredibles, came into my store to get the advanced and regular posters plax mounted. We got to talking and they mentioned they saw a screening for the film last week, only had amazing things to say about the film. They claim its better then any of the origonal 3, I'll just roll my eyes when Hayden Christensen speaks =)
My Movie Poster Blog

Lets put a smile on that block
I don't think this movie will blow anyones mind...maybe fan boys but thats about it. We all know what happens, it will be cool seeing it happen but my expectations arnt too high.

A system of cells interlinked
Ok, now I love Star Wars just like the next kid from the 70s, but this negative review is hilarious. It's from the The New Yorker, and here is just an excerpt, which had me rolling....

"No, the one who gets me is Yoda. May I take the opportunity to enter a brief plea in favor of his extermination? Any educated moviegoer would know what to do, having watched that helpful sequence in “Gremlins” when a small, sage-colored beastie is fed into an electric blender. A fittingly frantic end, I feel, for the faux-pensive stillness on which the Yoda legend has hung. At one point in the new film, he assumes the role of cosmic shrink—squatting opposite Anakin in a noirish room, where the light bleeds sideways through slatted blinds. Anakin keeps having problems with his dark side, in the way that you or I might suffer from tennis elbow, but Yoda, whose reptilian smugness we have been encouraged to mistake for wisdom, has the answer. “Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose,” he says. Hold on, Kermit, run that past me one more time. If you ever got laid (admittedly a long shot, unless we can dig you up some undiscerning alien hottie with a name like Jar Jar Gabor), and spawned a brood of Yodettes, are you saying that you’d leave them behind at the first sniff of danger? Also, while we’re here, what’s with the screwy syntax? Deepest mind in the galaxy, apparently, and you still express yourself like a day-tripper with a dog-eared phrase book. “I hope right you are.” Break me a ****ing give."

On the other side of the coin, James Berardinelli, a reviewer I tend to agree with more often than not, had a glowing review for the film here.

Episode III is one of my most anticipated movie this year besides Sin City, and I can not wait to see it.

May The Forks be With Us
Some other cool buddy icons/avatars

its all good stuff. i like the style in these better than just pics from the film.

"Snozberries taste like snozberries"

I'm seeing it tonight!!!

May The Forks be With Us
lucky. i have to wait until saturday. i could go to the mid night showing w/ my big brother but "it's a school night" and i have to "prepare" and "get my rest" for the next day. ITS STAR WARS FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD. argh. parents make me mad. especially over things like these.

I'm seeing it tonight at midnight. Were having a Star Wars Fest. The first two episodes, then the third, then the famous three. All in chronological order. I fear the dark side may be strong in me by the end.

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
I'm seeing it tonight at midnight. Were having a Star Wars Fest. The first two episodes, then the third, then the famous three. All in chronological order. I fear the dark side may be strong in me by the end.
You mean the cinema where your going to is actually gonna play 6 movies in a row for you guys? That sounds cool of them to do that.

Originally Posted by Escape
You mean the cinema where your going to is actually gonna play 6 movies in a row for you guys? That sounds cool of them to do that.
I think it means watchng the previous ones first then going to the cinema after to see ROTS

Originally Posted by jrs
I think it means watchng the previous ones first then going to the cinema after to see ROTS
Yeah, i leaned more towards that reasoning than the other i gave but i just wanted to make sure.

Ok, i need a spoiler from you jrs that i have been wondering about.

WARNING: "revenge of the sith" spoilers below
Does Palpatine allow himself to almost be killed by Samuel Jackson just so Anakin could react?

Oh my.

Ive never been a huge fan of the Star Wars trilogy, i used to watch them a bit when i was younger but mostly for R2 D2 and C3PO as they made me laugh, but the story i could have cared less about. My friends here at Uni have always been disgusted by this fact as they know how much i love movies, so last night before we went to the screening at Midnight, i got a crash course in the world of Star Wars. We watched The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones back to back, starting at seven then ending at midnight, then we ran to the cinema for the viewing of episode three. I must admit i'm still not a huge fan of episode one, the story is just so muddled and slow, bogged down in the poilitics of Star Wars galaxy that i think can only appeal to the fan boys. Episode two was much better, it moves so much faster with a much better story. So by the time i was making my way to my seat, i was well and truly in the mood, and i will honestly say i was far from dissapointed.

I'm going to eat my words from earlier on here. I actually really enjoyed episode three, and i think any fan of Star Wars will be thrilled by it. Whether your a star wars fan or not i think its a very enjoyable movie. Anakins decet into darkness is shown very well, although in some cases it is a bit questionable and he almost seems a bit too easily swayed. but then again maybe thats the point. McGreggor gives his best performace yet as Obi Won. I havnt really enjoyed him in the previous two episodes but he really shines in this one, especially at the final fight with Anakin, its brilliant. However my favourite character from the whole film has to be Ian McDiarmid as Palpatine. He is SUPERBLY evil. It is brilliant. His fight with the final Jedi's is awsome, but his fight with a certain little green man is astounding. So good.
I think my favourite thing about the film was how as the story progresses, the technology we have seen through this one and the previous two episodes begins to regress, until by the end of the movie, the spaceships, planets, costumes, stormtroopers and everything esle looks exactly like the follwoing episodes: four, five and six. Its realy good how Lucas has managed to blend the films in so well. Straight after the viewing of episode three, we went home and watched episode four, and i can honestly say it looks almost exactly the same as the final moments of episode three, give or take a few crappy laser effects.

There are so many moments throughout the film that will have you fan boys needing a change of underwear, from the fights, Yodas defeat, the rise of Vader and battle sequences, but even i felt a tingle as the camera watches silently as Vaders mask is placed on his scarred face, and as it licks into place with a hiss of steam, suddenly out of the silence you hear his asthmatic breathing, slowly followed by the dark side theme.

Oh my, i think i be a Star Wars fan...

Originally Posted by Escape
Ok, i need a spoiler from you jrs that i have been wondering about.

WARNING: "revenge of the sith" spoilers below
Does Palpatine allow himself to almost be killed by Samuel Jackson just so Anakin could react?

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Thanks. That question has been nagging at me for awhile now.

WARNING: "Revenge of the Sith" spoilers below

WARNING: "Revenge of the Sith" spoilers below
Yes