Odd request: Order these four horror movies.

Tools    

Capitalizing on my previous "monster vs. slasher" thread, here we have two classic horror directors who's two most iconic movies each feature either on or the other. Wes Craven has A Nightmare on Elm Street and Scream (let's be honest. Freddie's a slasher but he's a ghost) and James Wan has Saw and The Conjuring. Order these four from best to worst.

You've got to quarantine the stench of Saw getting on the other ones.
Not enough spaces in the world for that. Tremendously malodorous film.

Scream
Nightmare on Elm Street
Saw
The Conjuring

ooh....tough one

Nightmare on Elm Street is easily the most iconic and solid of the four...but the ending is meh.

Scream is fantastic and the ending was jaw dropping, and I think it's got better performances.

Saw launched a genre and the reveals where pretty great lot of the scenes are still pretty powerful.

The Conjuring I'm more of an Insidious man myself

I’m really not towing the line here, but I’ll go with:

The Conjuring
Nightmare on Elm Street

Scream

Saw

Couldn’t resist following the spectacular template set out above. Hope that doesn’t constitute copyright infringement.

I see what you mean, @Siddon, and I don’t find The Conjuring disturbing myself, but I think it’s a solid well-crafted film.

I don't think I ever saw The Conjuring. Always get it mixed with Insidious.

Anyway, as for the others...

Scream
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Saw

The first two are pretty close, but Scream gets the edge because its more consistent and lands the final act. Truth is that, as much as I love Nightmare, the whole last act is pretty messy. The first Saw is good and fun, I guess.

Although I'm very happy with the way this thread's going, I admit I didn't expect Saw to get this much slack. It was one of my favorites from the first time I saw it last year. Gonna have to watch ANOEM again before I make my final decision but right now...

Scream
Saw
The Conjuring.

All five-stars to me. Really re-evaluating my horror standards now that I'm putting Scream at the top of my horror list.

If we are ranking

Nightmare 3.5/5
Scream 3.5/5
Conjuring 2.5/5
Saw .5/5

Wow, you people HATE that movie! Did Elwes really ruin it that much for Movieforums?

Wow, you people HATE that movie! Did Elwes really ruin it that much for Movieforums?

If anything, Elwes dragging himself around on his hands and screaming, allotted it it's sole half point. Because that was some funny ****.

The trick is not minding
I haven’t seen the Conjuring (yet), but for me, it’s Scream, ANOES, Then Saw. I enjoyed Saw, and ANOES hasn’t aged as well upon rewatches for me, although I still enjoy it. It gets second solely based on the fact it was revolutionary for its time, going from a typical slasher villain to a demonic/supernatural presence seeking revenge in their dreams. Hmmm, maybe I should put it ahead of Scream after all.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Capitalizing on my previous "monster vs. slasher" thread, here we have two classic horror directors who's two most iconic movies each feature either on or the other. Wes Craven has A Nightmare on Elm Street and Scream (let's be honest. Freddie's a slasher but he's a ghost) and James Wan has Saw and The Conjuring. Order these four from best to worst.
Scream
The Conjuring
Saw