Russian Language Hall of Fame II

Tools    

Also, the deadline for this HoF is July 3rd. That gives you all a full week to watch each film plus an additional two weeks to account for anyone who falls behind.

Oh wow. That is a brilliant set of nominations. Well done everyone. I've seen quite a few but will never get bored of rewatching Stalker. Everyone knows Tarkovsky's quality, but I think The Return might surprise a few people in this HoF. Can't wait to get stuck in.

Also, if anyone here has any trouble with finding any of the nominated films, let me know and I'll be happy to dm you with links to them.

I know I'm not participating, but just wanted to share free streaming options for each...

The Cranes Are Flying - HBO Max, Criterion Channel
Letter Never Sent - Criterion Channel
Stalker - Criterion Channel
The Dream of a Ridiculous Man - None
The Thief - Amazon (rent)
The Return - Mubi
Leviathan - Only for rent in a bunch of places

I've only seen Stalker from the bunch, but I'll keep an eye on the others.

Also, just as a reminder, if you haven't joined yet but are still interested in doing so, you still have a week to enter. Just let me know via dms.

“I was cured, all right!”
I nominated Stalker for Russia's first Hall of Fame, it's nice to see that it was nominated again. It's my favorite movie.

If I'm not mistaken, The Cranes Are Flying was also nominated. (it was, I just checked)

In the first one, Visitor of a Museum was nominated by TokeZa, never thanked you. So, thank you .
I love that film and Lopushanskiy's work since then.

Here's Ultraviolence's nomination:

Khrustalyov, My Car! (1998, Aleksey German)
Nominated by: Ultraviolence

I updated the first two posts in this thread. The deadline is now July 10th.

Good choices ! Barely wait to see what I haven't seen so far

I saw that The Cranes Are Flying had been nominated again earlier in the thread, and wondered how many other films from the first Russian HoF would make an appearance. I figured Stalker had a good chance, but didn't really expect to see Leviathan.

I don't like having multiple HoFs on my plate, so I won't be participating, but I'll certainly follow the thread to see if any of the other films look interesting. I'm not overly familiar with Russian film, so it would be nice to add a few to my watch list.

I found like 4 of them, (in full size)...
I'm having "issues" with these :
The Dream of a Ridiculous Man needs some identification on Youtube (other than phone), I need The Thief (1997), Khrustalyov, My Car(1998), and The Return (2003).
I watched ScarletLions link but that is also a payed website, those films appear as samples of 20 minutes only.
I'll also Google them and see if I can find them on some online website
If you guys know where can be these found (of course with English subs) feel free to message me..... till then I'll watch the other 4

I found like 4 of them, (in full size)...
I'm having "issues" with these :
The Dream of a Ridiculous Man needs some identification on Youtube (other than phone), I need The Thief (1997), Khrustalyov, My Car(1998), and The Return (2003).
I watched ScarletLions link but that is also a payed website, those films appear as samples of 20 minutes only.
I'll also Google them and see if I can find them on some online website
If you guys know where can be these found (of course with English subs) feel free to message me..... till then I'll watch the other 4
I sent you links to all four of those films.

I sent you links to all four of those films.
Ok. Thx. I messaged you back !

Khrustalyov works.... I need those other 3 .... but maybe I'll find them myself till the deadline so no worries