Is it important to be a White male in order to be considered attractive in the USA?

Tools    

When I say attractive I mean that guy that all the girls want for his looks and a lot of guys look at and refer to as the so called pretty boy. The guy who can walk into a room and girls will give him a nice look and smile. The kind of guys who was 8s and above in terms of looks and appearance.

I laugh when I hear tall dark and handsome when most of the attractive men are white males who are very White looking (channing tatum, brad pitt, leo dicaprio, etc.).

As I have watched movies over the years, I have noticed that most of the guys who girls go crazy for are usually White guys. The IMDB lists online almost always show White males as being the most attractive actors. In real life I notice that the guys who get complimented on their looks and are seen as being very attractive are usually White too. I live in the bible belt if that means anything but I would think it is the same elsewhere in the USA too.

Now ethnically, I am Indian (South Asian) but I was born and bred in the US. I go to the gym, wear stylish clothes, and I know how to talk to people. I have dated outside of my own race but I could never seem to get the same respect as my White friends in terms of looks and all that if you know what I am trying to say.

Like for example, in your area of the US, would a guy like Bollywood Actor Shahid Kapoor be considered attractive?

I would love to post links but I can't.

Shahid Kapoor would certainly be considered attractive. America is funny though, while there are mixed couples abound, there is still a lot of silent segregation. In my area there is a huge black and arabic population so it's more "common" to see mixed couples, but I doubt the population stats are similar in many other areas in the country. It's partly a thing of habit to be attracted to same race people, but also some people just prefer, sexually speaking, white people, just like some black people prefer other black people. Also, there are next to zero ads depicting other races as "hot" so many people have yet to figure out that other races can be attractive. Lots of factors, everything is circumstantial.

Well, would he be considered as attractive as say a good looking Blonde male with blue eyes in the USA?

Well, would he be considered as attractive as say a good looking Blonde male with blue eyes in the USA?
Depends on the woman, not all girls like blondes after all. Also take into account if a girl fails with a bunch of white guys she might then go for an Indian such as him, and I only posit this because I've seen it happen.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Only if you live in the South.

As winter says, it really depends on the person. It's my experience that most people usually end up with people of their own race, but not for reasons of intolerance.

I think there are just way too many variables to consider, really, especially with something as psychologically-influenced as sexuality. If nothing else, I think people of the same race are more likely to share the same kinds of cultural experiences, for better or worse, and that that probably has something to do with whatever homogeneity you might find.

Blonde haired men with blue eyes are not the definition of "hot guy you should look like and go after" anymore. These days, it's more about... the scruffy look. Hairy guys. Beards. Dark hair. Stubble. Goatees. The rugged, masculine man look. But still white.

I live in the south and I love the Black and Latina women over the white women.
too bad white women down here don't feel the same way about brown men

One should note that northern European females evolved to be more attractive because of competitive pressures. One theory I heard was that during the ice ages the Baltic sea froze and men living in Northern Europe had to survive by hunting mammoths, which was very dangerous so many men died and there was a excess of females, as result to attack the scarce number of males, the females in Northern Europe developed more attractive characteristics (variation in eye and hair color, bigger breasts, more delicate facial features). Some of these characteristics were transmitted to males.

Another factor is that people are generally attracted to people similar in appearance to their own families, so white people tend to be attracted to white people.

However, my friends in general, including the brown ones, think that northern European women are hotter than women from other regions of the world. So I can conclude that northern European women are generally regarded as more attractive and that people are biased towards their own phenotypical characteristics.

These two factors combine and means that white women generally are less attracted to non-white men than to white men. Of course, non-white men of above average attractiveness (such as Will Smith) can be seem as more attractive than the average white men (such as James Gandolfini).

I think brown men are attractive. I'm white.
Women are attracted to men slightly darker than themselves. That's because the female hormone reduces the amount of melanin in the skin, so a little darker means more manly.

I presume gay men are also attacked to men slightly darker than themselves.

I so feel like posting pics of myself.

So can a good looking non-White male compete in the looks department with a good looking white male?

Women are attracted to men slightly darker than themselves. That's because the female hormone reduces the amount of melanin in the skin, so a little darker means more manly.

I presume gay men are also attacked to men slightly darker than themselves.
Why do you say that? You believe that we're like women?

Like for example, in your area of the US, would a guy like Bollywood Actor Shahid Kapoor be considered attractive?

You're asking about this dude? In general, yes. Do I personally find him attractive? Not really. He's a little too young and little too pretty for my taste.

In any case, being a white male is most definitely not a prerequisite for being considered attractive in American culture.

I have seen a lot of white girls go for the latin guy. Might be different in your area.
just checked your location showing Texas

I am not talking about Texas. I am talking South Carolina, Georgia, Louisiana, and Mississippi. Texas is just in its own category.