Lets Talk Football

Tools    

So he wants to stay in England (probably to break Shearer's record) and Spurs don't want to sell him to anyone here. We're in for a long summer, aren't we?

For once I think Levy should act in the best interests of the club and not the business. Sell him quick, get in a new manager and let him have the money and pre season to prepare the team for a top 4 run.....

...So we're all expecting a transfer deadline day transfer with Kane signing with an English team about 9pm?

And, while I'm not that bothered by international football, I am going to have to hear all about how this is affecting Kane and his performances at the Euro's. There are no upsides here.

I know he'll never see this and it doesn't matter, but I just wanted to congratulate Thomas Tuchel and thank Chelsea for stopping City and Pep.

*In my best Jim Bowen voice* "C'mon PSG, let's look at what you coulda won"

The difference it makes when your owner wants the team to win was on show for all to see. I would say were you watching Glazers? But we all know they weren't.

there's a frog in my snake oil
If Poch comes back to Spurs I expect we'll have the kitty to sign Berbs, Keane & Defo for up front...

Maybe Teddy & Jurgan on the bench?

(It's just retro mania in Spurs land at the mo )

Terribly sad scenes in Copenhagen
Didn't look good and my heart goes out to Eriksen's family, friends, teammates and all those in the stadium.

Thoughts are with Christian Eriksen & his family. Hope that he pulls through. Just stunned that this sort of thing has happened again. Vividly remember when Phil O'Donnell died in similiar circumstances about 15 years ago and the complete shock that was felt and can only imagine how everyone around Eriksen, from freinds, teammates and above all his family must be in distress right now.

Please pull through.

Good news being reported - Reuters say that he raised his hand as he was carried off. Hopefully that's true and he can make a full recovery.

UEFA just tweeted that he has been taken to hospital, but that his condition has stabilized, which is great news.

Thankfully Eriksen is awake and in a stable condition. Massive relief.

Can't believe that UEFA have decided to have the game be resumed though... Can't think any of the players would be in the right headspace for this.

Edit - apparently UEFA did consult the players of both sides who both agreed to this resumption by request, which can only assume means that they have had some pretty convincing reassurance that he is going to be ok, otherwise if there was any doubt can't imagine that this would have been going ahead.

The trick is not minding
Thankfully Eriksen is awake and in a stable condition. Massive relief.

Can't believe that UEFA have decided to have the game be resumed though... Can't think any of the players would be in the right headspace for this.
This happened in a College basketball game back in December. I was watching the Florida Gators (my team) play, and our star guard made a dunk and the opposing team called a time out. He promptly passed out and had to be taken to the hospital.

Instead of canceling the game, we played on, blew the lead and lost. The kids just weren’t into it. How can anyone be into it after watching a team mate pass out like that?

I’m sure Ericksen’s teammates are going through the same thing. Tough to play after witnessing that.

This happened in a College basketball game back in December. I was watching the Florida Gators (my team) play, and our star guard made a dunk and the opposing team called a time out. He promptly passed out and had to be taken to the hospital.

Instead of canceling the game, we played on, blew the lead and lost. The kids just weren’t into it. How can anyone be into it after watching a team mate pass out like that?

I’m sure Ericksen’s teammates are going through the same thing. Tough to play after witnessing that.

Was just reported on BBC here, that the Danish FA stated that Eriksen actually spoke to the team (from the hospital), which was the reassurance that they were convinced that he is going to be ok.

Good news being reported - Reuters say that he raised his hand as he was carried off. Hopefully that's true and he can make a full recovery.
Yeah there was a photo of him sitting up slightly while holding his hand to his head while been carried off the pitch which was good to see!

And in the shadow of the dramatic events, let's not forget that Finland won their first-ever appearance in any major football tournament. Perhaps not very convincingly, but still. Yay, us

We won the game. We should've won the game and we deserved to win the game. It's honestly not often I get to say that about an England game against a decent team. Well done lads.

Well done to Finland as well. Not in the circumstances that anyone would've wanted, but your first win at the Euro's isn't nothing and Denmark are a good team too.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
CMON SCOTLAND ��������������!!

First time England vs Scotland in a competitive major competition in 25 years!

I want England to win as much for the points as for the fact we won't hear the end of it if they don't.

Really though, with the exception of the points, this is almost a no-win situation for England. Unless we can win by 3 or more goals it'll be 'expected' and anything but a win is a loss. The Scots will be right up for this one and, TBH, I'll happily take a 1-0 win right now and qualify for the next round. Our defence just worries me immensely, as does Pickford in goal.

Anyway, here's hoping it's all alright on the night and we ease to a comfortable victory.

So I got the draw I wanted for England, which is weird because it's Germany. Technically Hungary would've been the 'easier' draw, but I don't trust England to beat a team that good which the crowd will 'expect' them to beat. It's too much for an England team, so I thought Germany would be the best bet because that defence can definitely be got at and it's slow. Also I'd expect Germany to come out and try and play against us and our speed on the break should play well into that.

That all said, Germany will almost certainly win because they're Germany and that's what they do in tournaments. Especially against England.

This must be the greatest day in football in a long time, right? The only downside is there's no way the rest of the tournament can live up to this.