President Trump

Tools    

In One Rocky Week, Trump’s Self-Inflicted Chaos on Vivid Display

After another week of controversies, President Trump planned a weekend at Mar-a-Lago.

WASHINGTON — Minutes before President Trump was to take the stage in Nashville last week to make his case for the health care overhaul he had promised, he received some unwelcome news that shifted his script.

A federal district court judge in Hawaii had just placed another stay on his ban on travelers from six predominantly Muslim countries, dealing his order a second legal setback in two months. As a country music duo crooned in an auditorium still filling with adoring supporters of Mr. Trump, the president fumed backstage and huddled with his staff for a hasty re-drafting of the speech.

When Mr. Trump emerged, he decided to relegate the health care overhaul, which he has identified as a top domestic priority, to a brief mention more than halfway through the speech. He instead replaced its prime billing with an angry diatribe against the travel ban ruling and the judge who had issued it.

“I have to be nice, otherwise I’ll get criticized for speaking poorly about our courts,” Mr. Trump said. But he could not help himself: The president soon suggested the court that had just ruled against him should be destroyed. “People are screaming, ‘Break up the Ninth Circuit!’ ”

Once again, Mr. Trump’s agenda was subsumed by problems of his own making, his message undercut by a seemingly endless stream of controversy he cannot seem to stop himself from feeding.

The health care measure appears on track for a House vote this coming week, and the president, who planned a weekend of relaxation at Mar-a-Lago, his Palm Beach, Fla., club, is likely to receive a large measure of the credit. But it has also become clear that Mr. Trump, an agitator incapable of responding proportionately to any slight, appears hellbent on squandering his honeymoon.

Instead, he has sowed chaos in his own West Wing, and talked or tweeted his way into trouble, over and over again.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...iez?li=BBnb7Kz
God...what a sniveling, whiny little baby. I can't believe our country elected a man who throws temper tantrums like this. It's downright embarrassing.

Ted Cruz is handicapped?

Jesus...the man has about as much in the way of manners, class and bravado as a noisy uncle nobody likes at a table at Thanksgiving talking with his mouth full.

There is NOTHING presidential about this man aside from his title.

Step in line Honey, tomorrow is Monday and there will be a whole new bunch of things he'll say. This guy could piss off Switzerland.

Trump is right about the NATO thing, though. Germany and many other European countries have not spent the money they needed to spend on Defense according to the 2% margin that they universally agreed upon.

Once in a while he does say something that makes sense. This is one of those instances. Germany's defense minister should shut up and make sure that his country meets its responsibility.

That said, I'm getting increasingly unhappier with Trump's presidency. "His" latest budget proposal is pretty much insane and I don't use that term lightly. I'm all for budget cuts where it's appropriate and pragmatic, but what he's proposing is sheer madness.
Luckily, this budget won't pass and congress will propose a budget (as usual), but I hope they won't be treating this piece of craziness as a serious guideline. Seriously, read up on it. I bet not even the most radical Trump supporter will be excited by it.

In truth, when he got elected, I had the slight hope that he would surround himself with a more balanced group of people. This budget proposal, however, simply proves that he's become one of the most obscene examples of corporate servitude.

I would've gladly forgiven his style if he would've actually undertook some actions that will somehow positively affect his country and the world, but I'm afraid that this won't be the case, as I already strongly feared from the beginning.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

In truth, when he got elected, I had the slight hope that he would surround himself with a more balanced group of people..
So did I. I actually said to some very apologetic and embarrassed american friends he might surprise everyone.

Nup.

The People's Republic of Clogher

FBI probing possible links between Russia, Trump associates

Comey confirms Russian probe, refutes Trumps wiretap claim

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...oLi?li=BBnb7Kz

Wow hes.....much worse than I expected so far. Not even I thought Trump would catastrophically bungle this much.

Trump is right about the NATO thing, though. Germany and many other European countries have not spent the money they needed to spend on Defense according to the 2% margin that they universally agreed upon.
Yeah, but there's a time frame for those countries to increase their defense spending and Germany is on track to meet the requirement by the designated year. Trump can not like it, but it is what it is, and his attempt to bully Germany isn't going to help.

Yeah I know but I thought it was interesting. Not often do I see shrinks getting involved in something like that.

Originally Posted by d_chatterley
Thank you for pointing out and confirming one more time that you, indeed, overreacted.
Originally Posted by dteam6
A thought that is NOT lost on me is the fact that three or more people share my sentiment of not liking what you had to say initially. THAT is a thought that isn't lost on me.
Awful lot of cocky 1-monthers around here.

Originally Posted by dteam6
Many of his supporters are just taking and accepting his claims at face value with little to no question. That's the danger of certain leaders: many of them garner a following of supporters who follow them around like lemmings and instantly buy into whatever their leader tells them. It's like the "hive mind" mentality.
Originally Posted by ash_is_the_gal
there's no other way to be a trump supporter
Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect
For a guy who made fun of the handicapped?

No.
I see little impartiality in this thread, but this stood out:

Originally Posted by christine
Unfair. The media are people, and some are bad some are good and some are middling, just like all of us. Same for politicians. I could point out many reporters who've tenaciously held onto stories that have brought justice to wrongful acts. Not all politicians are self serving power hungry megalomaniacs, only some of them are. Lots of them work really hard for their constituents in a demanding profession.

Jesus...the man has about as much in the way of manners, class and bravado as a noisy uncle nobody likes at a table at Thanksgiving talking with his mouth full.

There is NOTHING presidential about this man aside from his title.
Doesn't change the fact that the clip's been taken out of context.

Awful lot of cocky 1-monthers around here.
Wut the? Are you back again?

Hullo. Tell me something, Dani, what do you think of Trump's fiscal policies?

Tell me something, protazoa, do you always take territory over a tree and cock your leg over it?