The Bridge

Tools    

Nope. I'm thinking of taking a look when it comes over here, but I wasn't too engrossed with the original.

Liked the original series and have no interest in watching the American remake series. However, I'm looking forwards to the French/English remake series that has a far better lead actress in the role, think it's called The Tunnel.

Not a fan of Diane Kruger.

I loved the Danish/Swedish series. I was just curious if the US version was even remotely watchable...

Didn't watch the original, but I've been watching the remake. I really like it so far. I wouldn't say it's among the best shows on television, but it's probably in that second tier, which makes it more than worth the time.

I find the different floating strands a little muddled and hard to distinguish between, but I have a pretty good feeling that they're going to coalesce nicely. I'll definitely keep watching.

The performances are strong, too, though I think Kruger's character is written just a shade over-the-top. I like the character's personality, but the idea that she'd be quite as inept in basic social situations as she is beggars belief.

I have started watching the original (Swedish/Danish) version.
Four episodes in, & I usually prefer my thrillers slow, but not minding this fast paced thing.
Yeah, I think the original Swede/Danish series (Broen) was superior, once one gets used to that goofy Saga Noren.. To my taste the series went downhill in subsequent seasons.

Yeah, I think the original Swede/Danish series (Broen) was superior, once one gets used to that goofy Saga Noren.. To my taste the series went downhill in subsequent seasons.
Horses for courses, I guess, as I didn't care for the first one much but liked the next two a lot more. I even liked the last series better than the first. And Saga is great.

I have started watching the original (Swedish/Danish) version.
Four episodes in, & I usually prefer my thrillers slow, but not minding this fast paced thing.
I loved the show in the original & had no interest in the later version.

Yeah, the character of Saga Noren comes across as weird, but she has grown on me now.
I enjoyed Saga's kookiness during the first season, and into the second. But by the time they basically wrote out the Kim Bodnia character, Martin Rohde, it seemed hasty. IMO the story and Saga's character kinda went off the rails, and turned her quite dark as I recall. I watched the whole run, and admired it; but it was as at least due to introducing me to Nordic noir (including Icelandic) as it was due to the attractiveness of the stories.

Finished with the first season, & loved it.
I guess it's credit to the makers, that by the time season ended I loved Saga & slightly disliked Martin.
Especially that scene when she sits with her coworkers for a coffee break. It's hard not to feel bad for Saga & love her.

The mystery is good, though has a Seven-esque end, but the other great quality of the series was how it made us care about the side characters. Stefan, Sonja, Saif & his father, Saga's boss, Mette, August, etc.

Will take a break & then on to season 2 later.

Glad to see this show getting some love here. I think it deserved a bit more attention than it originally had.