Johnnie To's Drug War

→ in
Tools    

I saw this movie for the first time three days ago. Johnnie To has outdone himself this time. The action is fast and brutal. I really liked all the different points of view in the film. Amazingly, you never get lost with what's going on. To does a superb job of keeping up with everything going on in the film.

Must be doin sumthin right
He's super hit or miss for me. Maybe I watched too many of his movies too close together at first - but he repeats himself an awful lot. Of the ones I have seen, Sparrow strikes the best balance between silly and inexplicably, awesomely compelling. I like that movie very much

He's super hit or miss for me. Maybe I watched too many of his movies too close together at first - but he repeats himself an awful lot. Of the ones I have seen, Sparrow strikes the best balance between silly and inexplicably, awesomely compelling. I like that movie very much
There was a time when I didn't dig his work but one day, for whatever reason the switch got flipped and I became infatuated. I guess I rebelled because everyone was telling me how great his work was. However, I agree, Sparrow is indeed an amazing film. I also really loved Life Without Principle.