Who is your favourite Tarantino character.?

Tools    

Greatest Tarantino character?
0%
0 votes
Marsellus Wallace
22.73%
10 votes
Jules Winnfield
6.82%
3 votes
Mia Wallace
6.82%
3 votes
Mr Blonde
4.55%
2 votes
Mr White
13.64%
6 votes
The Bride
6.82%
3 votes
Dr King Schultz
4.55%
2 votes
Calvin Candie
2.27%
1 votes
Stuntman Mike McKay
11.36%
5 votes
Col Hans Landa
2.27%
1 votes
Butch Coolidge
18.18%
8 votes
Other....
44 votes. You may not vote on this poll

The actor who plays the character has a hand in that character's creation as well. So if we're going to go by that definition, then the only characters that are "completely" anybody's are those written, directed, and acted by the same person.
No. A director casts the actor and tells him how to play the character (not always, but in the case of Tarantino, he does), so in that way you can say that he creates it more than a writer, who just puts him on paper.

I just think Tarantino doesn't really consider the True Romance characters completely as "his", but I'm not disagreeing, because I DO think the writer is in fact the real 'creator' of a character.

Its his character. he created it. Tony Scott followed his script.
Sure, Clarence Worley is a Tarantino character, but it's not 100% Tarantino, like Mr. White for example. Had Tarantino directed True Romance, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have seen the same performance from Christian Slater, and he probably wouldn't have chosen Slater for the role in the first place. This is why I don't consider the movie a Tarantino movie, in the same way that I consider Pulp Fiction. He deserves credit, but Tony Scott deserves more, because he made the movie, and Christian Slater performed for him, because Scott was behind the camera.

It's like, for instance, me giving you a recipe for a cake. You could say "it was BlueLion's recipe", but you'd deserve more credit for baking the cake. Because people would taste your cake, not mine.

No. A director casts the actor and tells him how to play the character (not always, but in the case of Tarantino, he does), so in that way you can say that he creates it more than a writer, who just puts him on paper.

I just think Tarantino doesn't really consider the True Romance characters completely as "his", but I'm not disagreeing, because I DO think the writer is in fact the real 'creator' of a character.
Of course Miss Vicky is right. Any character that we see on the screen is molded by the script, the director and obviously the actor him/herself - plus the editor, the cinematographer, etc. It's really just obtuse to argue otherwise.

In an interview with Tarantino I recently read, he talked about how input from Leonardo diCaprio greatly changed the character of Calvin Candie as it was originally written in the Django Unchained script.

Picking one favorite Tarantino character is pretty much impossible, but I definitely have some favorites:

Jules and Vincent in PULP FICTION

Brad Pitt's character in TRUE ROMANCE (Can't recall the character name)

Butch Coolidge in PULP FICTION

Bill in KILL BILL VOL. II

Christopher Walken in TRUE ROMANCE

Marcellus Wallace in PULP FICTION

Close call between Jules and The Bride.

But Uma Thurman wins... she wins!

Close call between Jules and The Bride.

But Uma Thurman wins... she wins!
I chose the Bride too. Uma Thurman was great in Kill Bill.

I chose the Bride too. Uma Thurman was great in Kill Bill.
Well I am a man, so i guess i obviously would be biased towards a woman!

One of the most dynamic characters Tarantino's character.

Agressive, Strong, Revengeful at the end of the day a loving mother. Cant beat that!

Captain of #yoloswag
Well, I'm new here so I figured what better first post than to say: I really don't like much of anything that Tarantino does.

Whooo! Everyone already mates me.

"Mate", can mean a lot of other things!

Well, I'm new here so I figured what better first post than to say: I really don't like much of anything that Tarantino does.

Whooo! Everyone already mates me.

Come on... just pulling you leg!