Who Are Your Intellectual Heroes/Heroines?

Tools    

Malcolm X. His story is one of human triumph. It's rare when someone is able to radically change a behavior and do a 360. When he traveled to Mecca and saw people of all colors worshiping together it showed the man that it wasn't the color of a person's skin that made them bad, it was their heart.

I just read Stephen Fry's first autobiography and he's definitely become one of mine.
+1 I love Stephen Fry. I've just started reaadin is autobiography so i can't really say what i think about it but the guy is amazing .

If you don't already you should watch QI Fry is the host and most of the episodes are on yt. Here's the wiki link for anyone interested in it - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QI

We've gone on holiday by mistake
And how can I forget this guy:

John Lennon
This.

Also;

and

jack burton

oh, we're being serious?

jack burton

aghhh fine... da vinci. also oscar wilde, mark twain, ralph waldo emerson, and friedrich nietzsche generally tend to engage my mind/interest as far as their life philosophies are concerned

I'm not really seeing how Lennon is an "intellectual." He didn't articulate a particularly serious or thoughtful worldview, unless you think saying "wouldn't it be nice if..." over a pretty piano riff qualifies. That's maybe a notch above beauty pageant contestants talking about how important World Peace is.

He was also a pretty awful person in his personal life, though whether or not an intellectual hero has to be a good person is, I suppose, debatable.

Thought he lost everything,then he lost a whole lot more.
Neil Degrasse Tyson (Science)
Brian Wilson (Music)
Umberto Eco (Literature)
Gustav Klimt (Art)
Franklin Roosevelt (Economics)
Michelangelo Antonioni (Film)
Erwin Rommel (Military Strategy)