Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Funny Farm

Watched this one on the TV not a bad comedy but probably not as funny as his other work like Caddyshack and Lampoon movies. I think Chase always seems to have a very similar character in his movies, naïve dream turns into him going bonkers to then realising he had the best time of his life.

2.5/5 stars

The whole 'fear is a choice' thing was pretty inspiring, but this movie was lost on me after the first words were spoken. The accents drove me nuts.

That's right, this low budget SyFy movie gets more popcorn than the big budget theater movie.....because it made me laugh.
Nicest thing I've heard about After Earth. I personally liked it. And I need to catch Sharknado, because of obvious reasons.

Anyways,

Ponders a lot, and was extremely fast paced, only slowing down maybe once, or twice. I dug it though, an interesting look at relationships in general. Definitely made me interested in David Foster Wallace's work, I'll have to look for some of his stuff.

Oh man, this one hit me hard. Scratch out my previous choice for most disturbing film, this is it, it's cheerless. But, excellent nonetheless. Lars von Trier is a very talented man.

Unregistered User
Tarnation - really really strange documentary about life with mental illness. Some pretty disturbing scenes but ultimately it was a bit slow. 5/10

Kids - This was rough, a lot more depressing than i had expected. Pretty emotional film following youths in New York and how they go about they're everyday life. Controversial indeed. 7/10

Misery - been wanting to see this for ages. Was expecting more scares but ultimately Bates is brilliant in this. 8/10

Rocky Horror Picture Show - yeah, i dont like musicals. not even gonna score this one.

The Island of Death - Good old Video Nasty from 1976. Some awful acting makes this hilarious to watch. 5/10

Half Nelson - Great performance by Gosling playing a drug addicted teacher who strikes a friendly relationship with a pupil. 7/10

Labyrinth - not watched this in years. This used to show me as a child, still does, with David Bowie in VERY tight fitting leggings but apart from that its still great to watch and brings back wonderful memories 8/10

L.A. Confidential (1997) - 7/10 - That's a temporary 7 out of 10, I must add. Because I'm sure I need to watch this movie a second time to complete my opinion of it. The film follows three cops, each with their own motive, vision and approach to being a cop in 1950's L.A. and the subsequent obstacles they must face while battling the treacherous and deceiving layers of L.A.'s police force.

It did not blow me away. Despite the captivating storyline and subplots, great acting, energetic pace and stylish feel of the movie, this movie is missing something for me to view it as one of the greats. I'll admit, this isn't my "type" of movie, but that doesn't usually confine my opinion. A very entertaining movie, definitely, but it did not live up to it's reputation completely, for me.

Inside Man (2006) - 6.2/10. Quite a good movie. The Indian song starting the movie was a happy surprise...

Great movie, made me think a lot, but I don't believe I will remember this one as much as some others.

Great movie, made me think a lot, but I don't believe I will remember this one as much as some others.

-
Another great movie, everything falls in place perfectly, but just not one of those movies that I will still think about a week from now (which is why I gave it a -).

An incredibly overrated, soulless movie. I honestly didn't care about anything that was happening really, but especially the unsympathetic main characters. The direction is so weak, and the acting is really poor. I did love the [spoiler ahead] final scene, though, and for that it gets half a star. I just loved seeing the two main characters die. I wish they died much earlier.

Glad you liked it, it's my personal favorite film.

I possibly want to do a review on this one, so I'll say as little as possible.

Very moving. Quiet, and reserved, with the inevitable creeping on you every second. One of the best of the year, by far.

Abraham Lincoln- 4/10 Strange...wanted more Vampires than a history lesson, would watch Lincoln for the history lesson

Finished here. It's been fun.
The Place Beyond the Pines- 8/10 amazing film, everybody should check this one out. Best film of 2013 thus far.

Jack Reacher - Was fun, but typical Hollywood drivel.

5.8/10.

The Salton Sea starring Val Kilmer. I had always heard about this film but never took the time to watch it. Glad I did. Pretty good little noir/crime drama. Vincent D'Onofrio was great as drug dealer Pooh Bear.

Friends Don't Let Friends Pay Movie Prices for Rentals
The Wolverine. Giving this one a Rent (based on my website). Nothing really memorable in the movie, but it wasn't a bomb either. Not a bad to movie to watch when you are at home and have nothing to do...like when you are sick.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Been watching alot of movies these past few days lol. I just saw Only God Forgives. I give it a 6/10. Beautifully shot and with very Lynchian' vibe and atmosphere but the story is painfully slow and boring.

To be honest... I thought this movie tried too hard to teach us something, and although the actors were great, I just didn't like it. I just thought it was weird, and all of those strange things didn't really mean anything to me. I expected a lot better.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I watched Shadow of a Vampire with Willem Defoe portraying a rendition of Nosferatu. He didn't do too bad of a job, but the movie itself was incredibly tedious and boring. I watched it with a friend, and we both found ourselves earnestly looking at the clock whilst wondering when the movie would end. The idea was interesting, however, what eventually came from it was something messy, incoherent, and silly. I'm surprised that critics seemed to love it the way that they did, but what can I say, everybody has a different opinion. Their opinion just happens to be wrong.