YELLOWSTONE (Paramount Network)

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
I went way over the top for humor about a show that is basically the modern version of Dallas. hopefully you got the joke! You make fair points in your video, my favorite part of which is how happy you seem to be today, which makes me happy!

Just quickly, the main thrust of my argument isn't about the corruption, but the crazy chain of events that happen to Casey in such a sort period of time etc.

Lastly, I hope your fingers are weak from practicing the guitar!
Yeah, I got the humor. I thought it was pretty funny.

And getting home from work will always make me happy.

I do think you will enjoy Yellowstone if you stick with it because it does get a little less hammy after those first few episodes. They pack a lot into the start that sets the foundations for a lot of character conflict later in the show.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

A system of cells interlinked
Like I said, Lisa likes it, so I presume we will continue watching. It also looks great, is shot in interesting locations, and that one chick's clothes keep falling off, so there is at least some level of interest that remains for me.

I’ve watched at least 3 seasons. It’s good, but I may bail out for a while. Some of the plot lines are nutty as hell & Beth is barking mad.
Yikes. Turns out I’ve watched 4 seasons & am awaiting dvd of 5th season part 1.

I need to get a life.

Yikes. Turns out I’ve watched 4 seasons & am awaiting dvd of 5th season part 1.

I need to get a life.
Ah, come on. Part of life is enjoying good entertainment.

Has anyone watched any 1923? Is it good?

(P.S. I’m still not back to normal from my post-migraine meltdown last week as I just wrote ‘2023’ above and it took me a hot minute to see what was wrong with it).

Though I guess there’s also, ‘How’s 2023 been treating everyone so far?’

Season 2 has been quite a bit better/less contrived than the first.

I still can't stand Beth, but am enjoying many of the other storylines.

A report from Deadline is indicating that "Yellowstone" is liking to end soon, potentially as early as at the end of this current season, and that a franchise extension is being discussed with Matthew McConaughey. If true, I think this would be very sad and disappointing.

https://deadline.com/2023/02/yellows...ey-1235251400/

A report from Deadline is indicating that "Yellowstone" is liking to end soon, potentially as early as at the end of this current season, and that a franchise extension is being discussed with Matthew McConaughey. If true, I think this would be very sad and disappointing.

https://deadline.com/2023/02/yellows...ey-1235251400/
When a show is split in half for a season (Yellowstone as well as, for example, Mad Men & The Sopranos) those shows have come to an end. Wouldn’t surprise me that season 5 is the final season.

When a show is split in half for a season (Yellowstone as well as, for example, Mad Men & The Sopranos) those shows have come to an end. Wouldn’t surprise me that season 5 is the final season.
While I understand why you'd say this, as I thought this same thing myself when breaking Season 5 into two halves was announced, this didn't appear to be the case for this show. Cole Hauser, who plays Rip, said there would be at least one more season, and potentially two, and that Taylor Sheridan was in the process of writing Season 6 at the time Cole was interviewed.

I am hoping that this is a negotiation tactic on the part of Paramount to persuade Kevin Costner to get back to the table and express a willingness to compromise on his earlier offer to only work for one week to film the second half of the season. Given that he is the main character of the show, that just wouldn't be feasible, and it's unrealistic for Costner to think otherwise.

While I understand why you'd say this, as I thought this same thing myself when breaking Season 5 into two halves was announced, this didn't appear to be the case for this show. Cole Hauser, who plays Rip, said there would be at least one more season, and potentially two, and that Taylor Sheridan was in the process of writing Season 6 at the time Cole was interviewed.
Cynical me says Hauser could be misinformed & just wants to show he’s in the know. Wouldn’t you think Sheridan would tell his own news? Whatever, I don’t care.

I am hoping that this is a negotiation tactic on the part of Paramount to persuade Kevin Costner to get back to the table and express a willingness to compromise on his earlier offer to only work for one week to film the second half of the season. Given that he is the main character of the show, that just wouldn't be feasible, and it's unrealistic for Costner to think otherwise.
How did Costner ever think he could film 6 or so episodes in a week? God forbid he should work more than a week. I think he just wants to focus on his own project.

While I would still argue that the first two season had quite a few problems, the show eventually found its legs, the actors settled into their roles, and the writing also settled to be at least somewhat more believable.

Seasons 3-5 were excellent.

We are all caught up now, looking forward to the rest of S5.

@Sedai: Beth is unhinged. I haven't seen season 5 yet, but I am betting she is going to be peak Beth.
She’s definitely barking.

Saw some comedian on YouTube talking about this series, being about gentrification, you know, moving the working people out to put all the plastic people in. Before that, I've seen a clip about vegetarianism, or veganism, doesn't matter, was this cowboy talking about what it takes to farm some vegetables these activists like to eat, he had a point, about how much we care about what we're killing if it ain't cute, if it doesn't like to be pet.

Binged watched the first five seasons, on the final episode right now. I never really liked cowboys, still don't, but I dislike gentrification and plastic people more, with their car, their food, their hobbies, their image, and specially their sense of rightfulness, it's been entertaining so far, specially the native people aspect to it, the cultural, historical, political aspect.