How to have more Energy

Tools    

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
If you make the effort to lead a healthy lifestyle and don’t see an improvement, it’s something else. A good doctor should be able to point it out.

Then again, Michael Jordan drank hard, didn’t sleep and played golf during the Finals and performed at a high level. People are different and we don’t all respond to the same thing.

I think you probably hit on your issue in a previous post.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Bumping this thread for the New Year.

I still have chronic fatigue (exact source unknown but most likely a combination of depression, lack of motivation, avoidance of family, poor diet, being overweight, and having hit that area of middle-age where everything seems to become more difficult).

I do a 40 - 45 minute walk each evening for exercise (covering about 1.2 miles) and I walk my neighbor's dog once or twice a week (depending on weather) covering 2 - 3 miles.

Despite this, I could go back to bed anytime between after-breakfast or before-dinner and sleep another 4 to 6 hours every day if it was an option (and during this holiday period I have gone back to bed around noon, just for a quick meditation, only to have it turn into a 4 hour nap - this is after having had a relatively-full night's sleep).

Just wondering if anyone has any new, creative ideas for how to have or create more energy?

If you're always tired, you should see a doctor because it could be a symptom that something is wrong.

Many years ago, my mother went to the doctor when always being tired was her main symptom, and it turned out that she had cancer. At the time, it saved her life. (She lived another 40 years after that diagnosis.)

In addition, setting a sleep schedule and exercising every day can be helpful.

For the sleep schedule, set up a schedule so that you go to sleep and wake up at the same times every day. That will help get your body used to a specific sleeping pattern.

For the exercising, you have to figure out what exercises work best for you. When I was going through something similar a few years ago, I bought an exercise bike and pointed it at the TV. Now I watch movies while riding the bike, so I usually get at least 2 hours of bike riding every day, sometimes twice a day, and my mind stays focused on the movie I'm watching, so the time seems to fly by.

Give Yoga a try. And I don't mean the extreme one or the fake one with goats etc.

Just simple breathing exercises called 'Pranayams'. You will find plenty of tutorials on YouTube. You can do them daily for fifteen or twenty minutes. They are simple and easy to perform. My mum even does them sitting on the chair.

& you will feel physically and mentally fresher.

If you want Yoga channel recommendations, feel free to ask.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I read it as Yoda.

Which made the latter part sound very confusing:

And I don't mean the extreme one or the fake one with goats etc.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Give Yoga a try. And I don't mean the extreme one or the fake one with goats etc.
I’ve always wanted to try yoga. But I need someone to come to my house & teach me beginner’s yoga. But I hate strangers in my house so there’s that.