Bad subtitles

Tools    

Boldly going.
I was just watching the DVD of "House of The Dragon" Season 1 and there's a scene where someone walks into a room and says "Say your peace," but the subtitles are "Say your piece". The other person in the room replies "There is no piece."

This isn't quite what you mean, but my wife and I talk a lot about subtitles with artistic interpretation in them.

There's a moment in The Shipping News, I think it was, where the subtitles specifically say something like "windshield wipers move in sync with the sound of a beating heart." And lots of other examples, in all sorts of productions, where they attach some subjective modifier to what's happening on screen. Our running joke is that the guy doing the subtitles is a frustrated creative writing major.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
The old Blu-ray of Red Heat saying, "Hell pay far his crimes against the people," during one of the scenes with Russian dialogue comes to mind.