These are MAN movies !!!

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
WELL! Most of the responses give me hope that masculinity has not been totally brow-beaten out of the Gen Z'ers and later Millennials. Might be a good subject for a documentary or even a movie. Good luck getting funding, though..
Okay, now this is the funniest reply yet.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Yeah, nothing in here but manly men, tugging on our man-things, like nature intended.

WELL! Most of the responses give me hope that masculinity has not been totally brow-beaten out of the Gen Z'ers and later Millennials. Might be a good subject for a documentary or even a movie. Good luck getting funding, though..
I would sadly opine that in fact it has. But would be happy to be proven wrong.

Real men watch rom coms. Who doesn't want to watch a load of good looking women wishing they had a man?

"How tall is King Kong ?"
Waiting for the reassuring "These are WOMEN movies !!" thread about REAL WOMEN truly behaving like WOMEN should. Because oh noes where has feminity gone in our confusing modern society where nothing is respected anymore and women wear trousers and short hair and stay in the room when men discuss serious subjets.

Waiting for the reassuring "These are WOMEN movies !!" thread about REAL WOMEN truly behaving like WOMEN should. Because oh noes where has feminity gone in our confusing modern society where nothing is respected anymore and women wear trousers and short hair and stay in the room when men discuss serious subjets.
Ha, that would be fun, but that ain’t happening.

Ha, that would be fun, but that ain’t happening.
Actually, I remember seeing, in a movie shop, a grandma putting a dvd back in the bargain bin and telling a little girl : "No ! This is a movie for boys !".

I'd love to overhear a little boy being told "No ! This is a movie for girls !". Maybe I'd increase the chances by tailing some of our forumers.

"Waargh nowadays all the movies are for girls !" aside.

Actually, I remember seeing, in a movie shop, a grandma putting a dvd back in the bargain bin and telling a little girl : "No ! This is a movie for boys !".

I'd love to overhear a little boy being told "No ! This is a movie for girls !". Maybe I'd increase the chances by tailing some of our forumers.

"Waargh nowadays all the movies are for girls !" aside.
Yeah, right. In that case, ladies, please proceed to enjoy Reservoir Dogs & the original I Spit on Your Grave, Hostel and, I don’t know, Project X, and dare not utter a word about your egalitarian concerns.

I’m racking my brain and I’m pretty sure one of my dear brothers was ridiculed for watching either Miss Congeniality or Cruel Intentions, so these could be seen as just for girls, I don’t know.

Apart from that, films just for girls… well… Magic Mike?

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, here's a great movie from the good old days when women were women that the Gen Zs and Millennials wouldn't understand...

Yeah, here's a great movie from the good old days when women were women that the Gen Zs and Millennials wouldn't understand...
Ok now. Is there anything related to Delphine Seyrig that is not awesome ?

Funny that the poor "men" of America would have their manhood verbally snipped off if there was any snide criticisms towards a WOMANS list, because yknow, women are so oppressed, and have so few options in life due to the evil MAN running things lol!

Why do the right thing for no reason whatsoever but just that, with no expectation or guarantee of the outcome? A MAN would, thats what a MAN does. With that mindset though I shouldnt have put Goodfellas, Way of the Gun, or maybe some others on the original list. In todays world knowing the definition of what makes a man is getting lost more and more, because cynicism, and our own flaws, has made MAN a bad word. ALIENS would be an awesome MAN movie even though the main characters a woman, plainly put, Ripley is more MAN than I would have been in that fictional scenario. Maybe we all arent as "evolved" as we believe? Knowing the right thing to do isnt the same as Doing the right thing, thats when people get reality checks. Get pounded down in life many like to blame the opposite sex or race or whatever, but theres no growth in that. Knowledge isnt growth, action is, and I dont mean action movies. So quit the snide simpering and MAN up!

TONGO HAS SPOKEN !!!

I realize it's asking a lot that this not turn overtly political or become a culture war thing, but let's try to keep to the topic. If you don't like the topic, don't post in it, and if you want a companion topic to cover the other side of things, go create it.

ALIENS would be an awesome MAN movie
The Alien movies are "man movies" because the only victorious character, the true badass protagonist who outlived all his supporting characters, is male.

Flicker has meowed.

I realize it's asking a lot that this not turn overtly political or become a culture war thing, but let's try to keep to the topic. If you don't like the topic, don't post in it, and if you want a companion topic to cover the other side of things, go create it.
Keep your finger on that trigger, just in case

The Alien movies are "man movies" because the only victorious character, the true badass protagonist who outlived all his supporting characters, is male.

Flicker has meowed.
I think that’s not quite true. I think they are primarily ‘man’ movies because most women wouldn’t willingly watch any of them on their own in the evening, whereas men would.