Missing Obama

Tools    

Yeah youre against all hate. I thought the "race issues" were overblown in America, but truthfully I was ignorant. If Obama set into motion programs or laws which would specifically benefit a minority, non-white............ok. Whats the big deal? You think a white President wouldnt have done the same thing for a minority vote? Hardly a scathing epitaph to leave behind in a Presidents tenure.

Its not about Political Correctness but cause and effect. If someones of the mindest like that idiot on YouTube where the thinking is "Whites gotta protect whats ours!" then he has no idea what America is. America isnt white, and people just got to get over that.

Steel, you labeling Obama as a racist .........borrowing Iro's Cage pic ; )

Well it doesnt come off like youre fighting hate at all. Ive personally dealt with black folks that hated whites, Barack Obama isnt a bigot.
Well, all I know is, if Barack had a son, he wouldn't look like Nicholas Cage.

That's a bit of a rhetorical trick: the deficit is a year-to-year number, so it's weird to say "the deficit was X when they took office and Y when they left," as if the deficits they ran in the intervening years don't matter, or count.

It should say national debt, instead. But that would spoil the whole thing, since it went up under both of them (indeed, it goes up under every President), and it went up dramatically under Obama. The only reason they can say something like the above is because the yearly deficit was very bad when he took office, and continued to be very bad for years after, and is marginally less bad now as he's leaving it, which is a ridiculously low bar to clear.

Besides, a conservative could come back with "the deficit went down under Clinton after Republicans took control over Congress." Congress does, after all, control the actual purse strings.

That's a bit of a rhetorical trick: the deficit is a year-to-year number, so it's weird to say "the deficit was X when they took office and Y when they left," as if the deficits they ran in the intervening years don't matter, or count.

It should say national debt, instead. But that would spoil the whole thing, since it went up under both of them (indeed, it goes up under every President), and it went up dramatically under Obama. The only reason they can say something like the above is because the yearly deficit was very bad when he took office, and continued to be very bad for years after, and is marginally less bad now as he's leaving it, which is a ridiculously low bar to clear.

Besides, a conservative could come back with "the deficit went down under Clinton after Republicans took control over Congress." Congress does, after all, control the actual purse strings.
Still though, 50 years. Thats an extremely long time period, and to have only 2 presidents lower the deficit in five decades is somewhat telling. Its pointless anyway as no one party system is best for the country.

Im hoping the 2 parties wake the hell up and decide to work together. I doubt this is gonna happen from leadership like everyone was hoping for. Maybe they will to spite the leadership.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
The comedy show continues...

Obama Administration Rushed to Preserve Intelligence of Russian Election Hacking

President Obama in December. Some in his administration feared that intelligence about Russian interference in the 2016 election could be covered up or destroyed.

WASHINGTON — In the Obama administration’s last days, some White House officials scrambled to spread information about Russian efforts to undermine the presidential election — and about possible contacts between associates of President-elect Donald J. Trump and Russians — across the government. Former American officials say they had two aims: to ensure that such meddling isn’t duplicated in future American or European elections, and to leave a clear trail of intelligence for government investigators.

American allies, including the British and the Dutch, had provided information describing meetings in European cities between Russian officials — and others close to Russia’s president, Vladimir V. Putin — and associates of President-elect Trump, according to three former American officials who requested anonymity in discussing classified intelligence.

Separately, American intelligence agencies had intercepted communications of Russian officials, some of them within the Kremlin, discussing contacts with Trump associates.

The disclosures about the contacts came as new questions were raised about Attorney General Jeff Sessions’s ties to the Russians. According to a former senior American official, he met with the Russian ambassador, Sergey I. Kislyak, twice in the past year. The details of the meetings were not clear, but the contact appeared to contradict testimony Mr. Sessions provided Congress during his confirmation hearing in January when he said he “did not have communications with the Russians.”

Mr. Sessions said in a statement late Wednesday that he “never met with any Russian officials to discuss issues of the campaign.”

“I have no idea what this allegation is about,” he said. “It is false.”

Mr. Trump has denied that his campaign had any contact with Russian officials, and at one point he openly suggested that American spy agencies had cooked up intelligence suggesting that the Russian government had tried to meddle in the presidential election. Mr. Trump has accused the Obama administration of hyping the Russia story line as a way to discredit his new administration.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/01/u...smtyp=cur&_r=0

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I didnt follow his politics so have no idea why so many people disliked him (apart from the absurd 'he's a muslim' conspiracy) but I miss Obama and Michelle. I thought they were a very classy first couple. And they're dog lovers so what's not to love.

I miss Obama, yes.

And I'm telling you this as someone who:

-Frequently referred to him as "Obozo"

-Hated many of his policies

-Hated his handling of several economic situations

Yet, I do miss him. Seeing Trumpbozo has made me realize how much better Obozo really was. At least under Obama I didn't feel fear for my wife (a legal immigrant) and fear racist attacks against us. At least my wife and I didn't feel a compulsion to get her citizenship as soon as possible because of a heavily anti-immigration president.

Trump is the first president in my life that I've feared. THAT is saying something.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I bet he watched this and laughed his bum off

What does trumpty do when he sees crack videos of himself? Angry tears and ferocious tweets.

I miss Obama, yes.

And I'm telling you this as someone who:

-Frequently referred to him as "Obozo"

-Hated many of his policies

-Hated his handling of several economic situations

Yet, I do miss him. Seeing Trumpbozo has made me realize how much better Obozo really was. At least under Obama I didn't feel fear for my wife (a legal immigrant) and fear racist attacks against us. At least my wife and I didn't feel a compulsion to get her citizenship as soon as possible because of a heavily anti-immigration president.

Trump is the first president in my life that I've feared. THAT is saying something.
You wouldn't miss him if you'd lead your shots and compensate for the wind.....

Barack Obama has a plan for the Trump era

In the cafes of New York City and the offices of Chicago, blue America seeks his wisdom like he’s a prophet or a sage. What should we do? they ask. Show us the path.

He likes to respond with a joke — a dad joke.

“Well, you could move to Wyoming or North Dakota,” Barack Obama has taken to telling city liberals, according to one of his senior aides.

Since leaving the White House, Obama has publicly embraced the traditionally apolitical role of most former American presidents. "He's been looking forward to a life without the title of president that automatically draws resistance and the Pavlovian response of opposition," says one adviser close to Obama. "As a former president, you are liberated from that baggage and can reach people in a way that's not so political.”

But even as Obama tries to transcend partisanship, his jokes suggest political aims. This is the tension that already dominates his post-presidency, as revealed by interviews with six current and former aides to the former president: Obama wants to rise above the partisan muck, but he’s also eager to accomplish goals that are inescapably political in nature.

His team has a workaround. Obama’s aides say he believes that if he can take politically neutral steps to improve democracy — by bringing people together through “civic engagement,” or by giving grassroots activists the tools for community organizing — then that will change the political landscape that culminated in Donald Trump’s election, while also keeping Obama himself above the fray.

Critics to his left and right say this theory is riddled with contradictions. They note that it has left Obama largely silent as Trump hacks away at his signature achievements, while simultaneously working behind the scenes to thwart a branch of activists in his own party.

What may be even more perplexing, critics say, is that Obama is still chasing the mirage of a nonpartisan solution to America’s political crisis, after eight years of failing to find it in the White House.

But Obama thinks he has a model for success. And it begins with his wife.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...CQk?li=BBnb7Kz

Sad that it takes an ex-President to say what our current President wont be bothered to say.

Firing back, Obama remarked that “at least I will go down as a president” before dropping the mic (AKA phone).
This hasn't aged well.

This hasn't aged well.
Its funny, Obama said Trump wouldnt be President - he is. Trump said Obama was the worst President ever, yet Trump is.