The Buy-a-MoFo-a-DVD Club

Tools    

Don't Hang Up On Me!
this is a great idea!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Anyone want a really crappy Australian horror flick? It seems like something Used Future....or even Honeykid, would like. Hahaha.

I'd rather sent it to someone here than take it to a used dvd outlet.

Suspect's Reviews

Don't Hang Up On Me!
i might be interested, whats its name?

Anyone want a really crappy Australian horror flick? It seems like something Used Future....or even Honeykid, would like. Hahaha.

I'd rather sent it to someone here than take it to a used dvd outlet.
What is it, TUS? Or are you looking to make it a surprise?

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Been meaning to say I think this is a really great idea. Obviously I'd be very happy to receive DVDs but don't think I'd have any clues for what others would like so don't see myself signing up

Don't Hang Up On Me!
I just don't want to ask someone tosend e a movie id never watch. Lol

Don't Hang Up On Me!
also, i have a pretty large movie collection and dont want someone to pay to send me a movie i already have.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I have over 200 films I've bought and have yet to watch and (most) of those are films I want to watch.
Ah! A man after my own heart! Though I think I can trounce that number!

Don't Hang Up On Me!
Ah! A man after my own heart! Though I think I can trounce that number!
I was given a 600 movie digital collection. I haven't seen a good portion of them.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Ok so i just received a copy of

HG Wells' First Men in the Moon (1964)

not only have i not seen it before, but i see in the Special features there is a retrospective on FX legend Harryhauzen !!!

I suspect this is the long delayed title from Akatemple, and if so, thank you good sir.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
According to the people who shipped it, it was shipped on the 5th, that can't be right.
Hope you enjoy it, I definitely got a good kick out of it.

ok i just came back from picking up the mail, and among the plethora of bills, pizza flyers and assorted junk, there lay a dvd sized package.

was inside. Haven't seen this flick in years, in fact i dont think since i caught in in the original theatrical run.

So whoever sent it my way, thanks !!
Ok so i got this from Yodes, and with the Jays having played in the early afternoon, was able to get around to watching it.

I hadn't seen this flick in 15 years or so, and my memory of it was quite limited. Sure i remembered the gist of it 2 guys at odds goin mano et mano et wildernes plus a killer bear.

What i had totally forgotten about was that there were actually 3 survivors of the plane crash initially. Obviously with Alec Baldwin and Sir Anthony on the Marquee it wasn't a huge surprise that the other guy was sacrificed to establish the ferocity of the bear. On the other hand, i sorta wished that a somewhat recognizable character actor had been cast, if only for the whoaa factor. You know what i mean, think Steven Segal in Executive Decision or Sam Jackson in Deep Blue Sea.

Anyways, when i think of David Mamet flicks, I, like most i suspect recall Glengarry Glen Ross, The Verdict and Wag the Dog. A creature feature would appear to be a odd use of his talents.

Au contraire mon frere. The set-up is great, with Hopkins being portrayed in the opening as a money bags jeopardy champeen type, who in lesser hands would be easy pickens out in the wilderness. It occurs to me at this point that there may well be several mofos who have not seen this, and so i shan't spoil anymore.

Suffice to say, its a fun ride that doesnt insist you turn off your brain to enjoy.

Thanks for sending it my way Yodes.

[rating]

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Anthony Hopkins what the Sh*t in that movie, that's one of those movies that I remember almost scene for scene even though I have not seen it in probably 10+ years.

Fun day of shoppen.

3 mofos have somethen in the wind headen their way.

I'm not going to say who, because i think thats a big part of the fun.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I have seen Colin Hanks only in that TV show they made for one season, I may have seen him in some other stuff but nothing that sticks out in my head.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
oh yeah I did see Orange County, years ago, never seen Dexter or Mad Men, no cable TV for me.
But I'm always up for a DVD to watch, I'm definitely willing to give it a shot.