World War Z

Tools    

Based off of Max Brooks Novel (same author who wrote "The Zombie Survival Guide"

Plot: Ten years after the human victory over the world wide Zombie epidemic, referred to as World War Z, Max Brooks scours the world collecting the stories and experiences of those who have survived the conflict that almost eradicated humanity.

Its scheduled to come out in 2010 -_- , but I do hope hollywood comes through with this one.

Also, I would love to see Brian Keene's books, "The Rising" and "City of the Dead" on the big screen.

Welcome to the human race...
As much as I love the book, I wonder how it can really work on the big screen. It's way too epic and the constant changing of character could be confusing for far too much of the audience to be worthwhile. It'd be simpler to just do another "bunch of survivors stuck in a random place" style zombie movie.

As much as I love the book, I wonder how it can really work on the big screen. It's way too epic and the constant changing of character could be confusing for far too much of the audience to be worthwhile. It'd be simpler to just do another "bunch of survivors stuck in a random place" style zombie movie.
Good point, but the "survivors stuck in a random place style zombie movie" has been done to death. This is a interesting concept if they can get a good script made. I could see this as a 2 to 2:30 hour movie at most.

Another zombie movie I would love to see made is "When Zombies Attack" based off the short movies on the net and comic series. Its sorta like COPS, but with zombies

Heres the link to the web video
http://www.spike.com/video/when-zombies-attack/2402880

And the link to the comic
http://www.horrortalk.com/reviews/Wh...biesAttack.htm

Welcome to the human race...
Good point, but the "survivors stuck in a random place style zombie movie" has been done to death.
I know, I'm just playing devil's advocate here. There's a reason horror films tend to be low-budget and small-scale - because most people don't like horror or would prefer action or comedy. Horror movies (and especially zombie movies) have a rather limited appeal and therefore no producer is going to want to spend large amounts of money financing an epic horror movie if it means less people will come to it than, say, action or comedy.

Good point, but the "survivors stuck in a random place style zombie movie" has been done to death. This is a interesting concept if they can get a good script made. I could see this as a 2 to 2:30 hour movie at most.

Another zombie movie I would love to see made is "When Zombies Attack" based off the short movies on the net and comic series. Its sorta like COPS, but with zombies

Heres the link to the web video
http://www.spike.com/video/when-zombies-attack/2402880

And the link to the comic
http://www.horrortalk.com/reviews/Wh...biesAttack.htm
Interesting...
I loved the video!

Brad Pitt's staring in it. I do approve.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/07/21...orded-attacks/

I'm kinda pessimistic about this one. The magic of the novel lies in its documentary-feel. I wonder if it will do good for the movie if it also lean towards that path. You know, ala District 9, or the first half of District 9.

Literature major, voracious reader,
videogamer, net addict, film fan, frustrated teatrophile.
Blogger.

http://slapdashjelly.blogspot.com/

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I assume it will. An early incarnation of the script was reviewed on Ain't It Cool News years ago, I believe, and the reviewer had some kind of hyperbole about the something-or-other (fill in serious drama here) of zombie movies, which was encouraging, to say the least. Whether or not they can pull it off remains to be seen, but the ceiling for this flick is that it could absolutely step outside the genre a bit and exist as a legitimate, interesting dramatic film. The book's tone makes that possible, whereas most zombie films don't aspire to anything near that.

I'm fairly optimistic about this. It's been a long time coming, it's not some sudden smash hit they slapped together to capitalize on a passing craze. I'm actually not sure about Pitt, but I imagine they can ugly him up enough, depending on which role he's playing.

Yonkers, of course, will have to be the film's centerpiece sequence.

At this point, I'm really just wondering if they can blend a more traditional narrative into the documentary, like District 9, or if they'll try to use it the whole way through. There are a million choices about how to construct the film, really; do they use faux found footage? Documentary crews? Or do they just inexplicably have the footage, as if we're only seeing a visualization of the things each interviewee is describing? The last gives us the best look at the whole world, and it's a conceit I think audiences would accept.

Maybe Pitt will portray Max Brooks himself, then we'll know if the film will take the documentary-path.

Sorry, almighty Yoda. Grammatical error on my part is inevitable. It shall be an "if".

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Ive read up on this and it sounds real interesting, I should really read the book before the film comes out.

Sorry, almighty Yoda. Grammatical error on my part is inevitable. It shall be an "if".
Sorry, didn't mean to sound pedantic, just wondered if it was a matter of "Brad Pitt's cast as Brooks, let's see if that means this" or "if Brad Pitt is cast as Brooks, it will mean this." I dig now.

And I agree, by the by.

In the Beginning...
Whether or not they can pull it off remains to be seen, but the ceiling for this flick is that it could absolutely step outside the genre a bit and exist as a legitimate, interesting dramatic film.
This reminds me of the Gareth Edwards film Monsters, which screened at Cannes last year. According to all who have seen it, the film uses the creature genre as a distant backdrop to tell a more subtle and legitimately heartfelt story. I can't wait to see it, and I love how Indie directors are taking this new approach to horror/sci-fi genres.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Nobody has posted on this in a while so there is some news, Brad Pitt will be playing the part of Gerry Lane. The movie has a 125,000,000 budget which seems huge for a zombie film.

The shoot of World War Z has moved to Glasgow, and the first set photos have popped up online...
A week or two back, the movie adaptation of Max BrooksWorld War Z was filming down in Cornwall, here in Blighty. Now, though, the production has moved up to Glasgow, as the city is being transformed to look like Philadelphia.
The film stars Brad Pitt, and is being directed by Marc Forster. And the latest on-set shots from the film have come courtesy of Glasgow City Council’s Twitter feed (thanks to Den Of Geek reader Edimonster for the tip), which show the Americanisation of the city.
There’s no sign yet of Pitt and company, but expect shots of them at work to follow in the days ahead. World War Z, meanwhile, is scheduled for December 21st 2012.
Set pictures here.

Semper Fooey
Here is some sample dailogue:

"General Patton, the zombies have landed at Normandy." And they have eaten Montgomery."

Semper Fooey
Much better will be the planned It's a Wonderful Z Life. Clarence is too late to save George Bailey because he bent down to tie his shoes and George comes back as a zombie and eats everyone in town except Potter because his crippling arthritis makes him taste bad.