Hello I'm infernus, with my friends when we/they see a movie inspired by a comic I like read the comic and next watch the movie or do the opposite thing and start to critic both side, today I'm going to do a review about a great Italian masterpiece, lets start with the background of the 2 side.
Comic:
Dylan Dog an Italian comic born in the 1987 and it's still in work. The comic is about our hero Dylan and his assistan Groucho Marx ( yes groucho, after years of cinema he decide to live an exciting life so he team up with Dylan), they call them self nightmare investigator and they live in London. What do they do you ask(maybe)? They take all the case which a normal people laugh about it, like a client say I have a zombie problem Dylan take it while another person says: are you crazy? Well this is a little background of the story. Lets start with the plot of the movie.
Movie:
Dylan Dog is a private investigator who take jobs about like a client says, my wife cheat on me. He explain with a monologue he was a nightmare investigator but he left his job now is a common private investigator who live in New Orleans, his assistant called marcus is a young man who team up with him because he needs a work and he show a great respect for him. The story start with a girl who call Dylan for a mysterious attack by a werewolf but Dylan refuse, so the same night frank he'll be murdered by a zombie so he take the case and discover why they attacked her, it was because the girl had a cross with the blood of a demon when is injected in a undead the undead it'll be transformed in that demon and it can't be stopped, the only way is kill his master( the one who inject the blood), so Dylan start to investigate he discover the werewolf and vampire they start a war for this cross and Dylan is the one who can save the city and the world from this war.
Now the plot of the comic
Comic:
Dylan Dog is a normal comic with no plot what so ever like the super heroes comics but Dylan is different, all the case about ghost, witch, aliens ( yeah even the ****ing aliens) and other things like that are really cool, the character the plots are good constructed and the creature of the nights are real, I mean not like the twilight ******** where the vampire can exit with the sun, the werewolf can transform every time they want.
Well after this background of plots lets start with the character description.
Comic Dylan Dog:
Dylan dog he born in the 1686 his father was an alchemist and he invented the elixir of long life so he gave it to his wife and his son, after this a sea spirit says you done the worst thing in the world mr. Dylan now I you'll be dived in 2 part one good and one evil the evil one will seek Dylan and the other will live on an asteroid for 666 years and your boy will be transported in the future. So now Dylan junior will be adopted and Dylan will be a police officer after a nightmare investigator. His behavior, is a pacific guy, vegetarian he have airsickness and seasickness he's claustrophobic and supersistious, even if he killed 100 zombie the day before and the next day a client says I have a zombie problem he says the zombies doesn't exist but there is a possibility and I need money for live so ok I accept the case, he like play the clarinet but he can play only one song " il trillo del diavolo" and he play it only for thinking, he like every kind of music except for the new one, he's building a toy boat where he'll never finish because is too lazy( but in a comic will finish it and his father( the good part) will appear and after reunite with his evil part, and the boat one day he found it broken so he start from the beginning), he hate use the violence, he use it only when is necessary, most of the time he don't bring his pistol( an Italian pistol the Bodeo 1889) and if he brings it he give it to Groucho and most of the time he took off the bullets for dont hurt someone. He love women and the women loves him but for most of the time are the women who break with him and they don't even know why they break with him.
Now his assistan Groucho Marx:
Groucho after a long time of films he meet Dylan and he work for him, he like do jokes in every situation, and he always trying to have an increase of salary from him because he risk his life so many time he think he need more money for work, once in a while he makes joke who can make Dylan laugh and for Dylan, Groucho is his best friends and hey risk their life for each other.
Now the movie part
Dylan Dog movie:
His story we don't know much about him we only know he had a girlfriend who was killed by the vampires so he avenge her, after that Dylan he left his job, he play a clarinet for a moment in the film but it wasn't his song it was like he was practicing but that's another story, he like punch people and he's not afraid from every thing and his knowledge of the undead is great, the original dylan dog have only a pistol well this Dylan have an armory in his house, every kind of pistols and a ****ing grenade launcher and silver brass knuckles, I liked how they make him badass but it's not Dylan, I might call him Van Hellsing Junior.
Now his assistant Marcus:
Marcus Adams is his assistant and he doesn't know his past until he die and come back like a zombie, not the kind a zombie I eat you, but the zombie who is a real person but for survive he need to eat human flesh or rotten things, he's an a very frighten man but he show a great respect for Dylan and well it's not like Groucho for his joke but sometimes in the film he make me laugh, he doesn't use a pistol or other gun in the movie I don't know why but I think he don't like shoot to someone.
Now lets explain the villains
Comic: in the comic how I said the plot is not always the same but the villain you always see and hear is his father doctor xabaras or abraxas, is immortal and nothing else in the first number he create the elixir for revive the dead and Dylan fought with a horde of zombies, in another number he sold a machine who can turn the people in murderers, so his purpose is clean the world from the mere humans and turn them in immortal beings or kill everyone, we don't actually know his real purpose but it's a good character and well constructed, he wan this son Dylan back but he want Dylan joins in his purpose. In other number is only creature like werewolf, ghost and aliens.

Movie: in the movie the villains are his new girlfriend Elizabeth and the boss of the vampires Vargas, both of them they want take the cross of belial and Elizabeth want to kill every undead on the surface of the earth Vargas turn all in undead, well Vargas for a villain is not well constructed but Elizabeth is a tricker for all the film it was like an afraid girl who don't know there was undead but after we discover is a creature hunter, but they're purpose I don like it.

Well I finished the trial and now the sentence.
I'm a fan of this comic and this film I don't like it because its not Dylan, but for a normal guy who never saw the comic I like it it's full of action and film with creature hunter are rare and most of the time not good, but this is really good. So it's a good movie for me it's one of my favorite I liked Dylan dog and after I saw the movie I liked more but hated the movie, but you know when you are fan of comics and you see the movie you always say its not like the comic but you continue to see the movie. Well there is a tie so tell me which part is better by this review.