MoFo Fantasy Football 2021 - The Season

Tools    

Hey! I talked some trash about Detroit and made them win their first game. Your welcome!

I can't, but then, maybe I'm not the best example.

I definitely don't think there's enough good QBs in the world that a couple starters aren't gonna suck at all times, so you throw in a few injures and BOOM, Andy Dalton comin' at ya'.

Hey! I talked some trash about Detroit and made them win their first game. Your welcome!
The Steelers tying them was finally the point at which most of the people I knew accepted that the local squad isn't very good this year. I was obvious before that but that was when it became undeniable.

I can't, but then, maybe I'm not the best example.

I definitely don't think there's enough good QBs in the world that a couple starters aren't gonna suck at all times, so you throw in a few injures and BOOM, Andy Dalton comin' at ya'.

Yeah, I feel ya. Teams tend to keep regurgitating these guys too and thus a lot of younger players never even get to the NFL. So we don't even know how many kids could be backups. I get that. If I was running a team and made the decision to start a young QB. I wouldn't have a guy like Dalton backing him up tho. I'd spend that 3 million on something else.

If I was running a team and made the decision to start a young QB. I wouldn't have a guy like Dalton backing him up tho. I'd spend that 3 million on something else.
I think you've basically hit on the dynamic here: a lot of teams care more about not looking stupid, so they'd rather settle for proven mediocrity than take a chance on someone. Even if they're terrible, nobody's gonna look too askew at it. "Well, he's a veteran, he's been solid for awhile, it wasn't a bad decision." It's safer in terms of outcome, and it's safer even if it fails horribly, whereas doing something a little different means sticking your neck out.

Throw in teams punting in situations they should go for it, and I tend to think a lot of dumb NFL decisions come down to people just trying not to lose their jobs (or not lose them as quickly).

I bench Dallas Goedert in a last-minute decision because starting two tight ends didn't seem ideal.... Eagles started new QB this week, he seems to be doing well, 3/3, 61 yards, td... I wonder who he has been throwing to... oh, only to Dallas Goedert... got it. great. It's a good thing I'm already eliminated, otherwise I would already thrown myself through the wall.
I feel your pain, primarily because your loss to PW is going to eliminate me from the playoffs.

I feel your pain, primarily because your loss to PW is going to eliminate me from the playoffs.
Hey now. I still have A 12% chance of losing. 2 turnovers and a broken leg for Knox is doable. Don't jinx it!

To say Travis Kelce is no longer going to be a first round draft pick after this season is an understatement. A total buggering, a buggering beyond belief! Tongo cry.

A system of cells interlinked
Well ****... It was a close one, but my second string bums ended up letting me down...Can't win em' all!

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The third place Empire has fallen to my lowly last place squad. Assuming Yoda's kicker doesn't pull a seventeen in MNF I will actually have the highest score in the league this week. Which is insane. I have been struggling to get 100 points a week for most of the season and now I beat my opponent by forty.

And it was not due to Lamar, who had another maddening game that came within a pass of being a win but was going to be below his projection either way. His 19.62 points were fine, but far less than his projection of 28 and nowhere near the 34, 36, and 49 ceilings from earlier in the year. Generally if Jackson doesn't have one of those big nights I have no chance. This week that was compounded by my two top receivers being out, Davante Adams on a BYE and Deebo Samuel with a minor injury. Jerry Jeudy and Jamison Crowder had to be my reluctant starters and they both had OK but modest games, coming in right about at their projections with 9.70 and 8.20 respectively.

What carried me to victory were my RBs, a position that has let me down all year, and my mighty TE who for the first time in 2021 performed like the third-round draft pick he was supposed to. George Kittle has been very un-Kittle-like. Partially due to injury - missing Weeks Five through Eight to the IR, partially because Frisco's QB by committee has unsurprisingly not been effective, and partially due to game scripts. But he had a monster game in the loss to Seattle this week! Nine catches on twelve targets for 181 yards and a pair of TDs. THAT is what I thought I was drafting. Oh, well. He finished with 35.10.

That alone wouldn't have been enough. Happily Antonio Gibson had a big game with his backfield mate McKissic out versus the Raiders. Gibson had 23 rushes for 88 yards plus five catches for another 23 and a TD in the Washington Football Team win. Meanwhile Devonta Freeman continues to be the number one-ish back for Baltimore with 97 combined yards and another TD.

Kyler Murray was left on The Empire's bench, but while he was twenty-two and a half points better than Carr he still would have been short had he started him. It just would have been closer.

If Kittle had four or six games like this one I might have actually been competitive this season. I had to play Tyler Conklin and Ricky Seals-Jones this season and they averaged 8 points a game for me. Before this explosive game Kittle was averaging about 9.6 in the eight games he started. This week's barrage bumbed him up to 12. Middle of the year when my season fell apart I would have killed to have 35 points from anybody.

The Steelers tying them was finally the point at which most of the people I knew accepted that the local squad isn't very good this year. I was obvious before that but that was when it became undeniable.
That reminds me. Since you're pretty much my favorite Pittsburghian. Did you have any thoughts on Big Ben coming back this year? I heard he basically retired but then he just kinda showed up at camp. But now it sounds like he's 'Unofficially-Officially' retiring this year. So I thought you might have some inside perspective or something.

The trick is not minding
Just looked at my losses, and I realized Tongo saved his 2 highest scoring outputs against me.
This is unacceptable. Revenge will be had, Tongo. Just wait until next year! I’ll hang 160 on you!

*cue evil laugh*

That reminds me. Since you're pretty much my favorite Pittsburghian. Did you have any thoughts on Big Ben coming back this year? I heard he basically retired but then he just kinda showed up at camp. But now it sounds like he's 'Unofficially-Officially' retiring this year. So I thought you might have some inside perspective or something.
I think he probably should've retired before last season. I don't think we can win much with him unless our defense is suffocating.