MoFo Fantasy Football 2021 - Sign-Ups

Tools    

The trick is not minding
There were rumors of Watson going to Miami but Flores kind of made a jab at Watson’s expense. Plus, they have Tua, who they seem invested in, and Watson wouldn’t make much sense.

In the past it would have been The Raiders, without question. Not sure about these days.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The Raiders philosophy died with Al Davis, I miss the "bad guys", but football grew beyond Davis's ideals at least 10 years before he died. They were my favorite team because of that old attitude, something different, but now I just like the games. Im a Bucs fan but not as enthusiastic as I was a Raiders fan.

Woke up to a very interesting RB trade offer. Must drink coffee and ponder.

The trick is not minding
Stormy weather has me bored so I did a mock draft at 12, in a 12 team league to see how I would do.
For lawlz I grabbed Mahomes first, followed by Taylor as my RB.
It went like this:

Mahomes
Taylor
Evans
Jacobs (Carson almost fell to me here. Nabbed a few picks before me)
Claypool (not too crazy about this pick. Idk why).
Hunt (In case Chubb goes down)
Boyd
Da. Smith. (I keep grabbing him)
Cook
Mayfield
Valdez-Scantling (urgh, didn’t think to look up Jones Jr or I would have snagged him. He may have been gone undrafted).
And a few others to fill it out that were pretty nondescript.

I got a C+.
Had I been going last in our draft, I wonder if I would have pulled the trigger. Idk.
Most people don’t consider going for QB until the third or fourth round at the earliest, with Mahomes the lone exception in the second round consistently.

Let the night air cool you off
Kickers are fungible, better to stockpile options for the last week until I have a little more information about who to keep.
How much you like Ty'Son Williams?

How much you like Ty'Son Williams?
You asking as a trade or just idly wondering if I'll drop him?

If it's the latter, I think it's unlikely he'll be the odd man out next week.

Let the night air cool you off
You asking as a trade or just idly wondering if I'll drop him?

If it's the latter, I think it's unlikely he'll be the odd man out next week.
Just seeing how much you like him, I don't know what the trade would be. I don't LOVE him, but I see him as someone worth a roster spot.

Yeah, I find it hard to value guys like that. The "as of now not worth more than a bye week flex, but season-winning if he takes over/there's an injury" guy. I've got a couple of those. One thing I like about him is that I think he might be useful even if Edwards stays healthy, so I don't think he's just a pure lottery ticket (though he'd be worth rostering even if that's all he was).

Were you this active on the waiver wire the week before the season began last year?
I'd have to check.

There's usually a pretty big flurry in the week after the draft and the week before the season, and this year that's the same week.

The trick is not minding
I'd have to check.

There's usually a pretty big flurry in the week after the draft and the week before the season, and this year that's the same week.
I just checked. Yeah, you were pretty active. Amusingly enough, you would drop a player and add another only to drop that same player for another the next day or so. Looks like you did this about 3 times haha.

I usually wait to see how my players, especially my bench, play out for a few weeks before making any firm decisions. This can backfire of course.

In this format there's really no downside to grabbing someone you want immediately and then replacing them if you find someone better, yeah.

Sometimes it's literally just news coming in every single day that changes the upside or downside for a lot of the players, though. Sometimes it's literally just "I think this back now has a 10% chance of being a starter late in the year instead of a 5% chance."

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Kickers are fungible, better to stockpile options for the last week until I have a little more information about who to keep.
This is something that I do more often that not. I won't this year since my drafts are so close to the season start. So yeah, a kicker last round.